Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by khabah
This property apparently shuttered temporarily last November for a planned period of at least one year due to COVID, but has just disappeared from Marriott's portfolio and had its website/mentions taken down.

Might have lost another Le Méridien.

khabah
That would be a bummer if it turns out to not be re-opening - I really enjoyed my stay here a few years ago.
ajnaro likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Originally Posted by khabah
This property apparently shuttered temporarily last November for a planned period of at least one year due to COVID, but has just disappeared from Marriott's portfolio and had its website/mentions taken down.

Might have lost another Le Méridien.

khabah
I'm just now in siem reap.
All Le Meridien signs are also removed from the property. Dirty and no maintenance in long time (compared to other still closed hotels).
Hotel had some labour dispute before closure too. Could be rebranding or sold. But surely looks like gone
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Double post

Last edited by pekkav; Jun 25, 2022 at 1:49 am Reason: Double post
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by pekkav
I'm just now in siem reap.
All Le Meridien signs are also removed from the property. Dirty and no maintenance in long time (compared to other still closed hotels).
Hotel had some labour dispute before closure too. Could be rebranding or sold. But surely looks like gone
That's a great shame. We spent New Year's Eve here about nine years ago as part of a week in Cambodia and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property (thought I remember the breakfast buffet was poor compared to others across Asia).

I worry that Le Meridien is becoming a neglected brand in the Marriott portfolio what with London gone and Chiang Mai going and now this. Largely due to good experiences in Bangkok (still my go-to hotel) and Saigon, it was my favourite brand under SPG.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:10 pm

Ditto for the Le Meridien Saigon, albeit it has been a few years but we really liked that hotel. There definitely is a few really nice properties out there, but I agree with your assessment that Marriott has no real focus on this brand.
Honestly, not really sure what their focus is?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi from Siem Reap
I confirm the place is still abandoned with Le Méridien signs removed. There is just a doorman I believe to avoid squatters invading the place. I was in town also a year ago and things haven't changed for Le Méridien while hotels are progressively reopening. I discussed with someone here who is knowledgeable about hotel industry and he said the hotel will likely not reopen before another 2 years and very likely under another brand (no idea with one and no idea if still part of Bonvoy or not). He said also Le Méridien faced many problems before Covid with a lot of labor disputes and strikes. I don't know if they will keep the building a it is likely one of the ugliest hotel in town.
Those pictures were taken a year ago, but it's still the same today, even worse

So different than the neighbor Sofitel Angkor which is as magnificent and as great as before Covid and is experiencing good business again.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
That's too bad. We loved this place when we went several years ago - great location and staff. Breakfast was subpar but we enjoyed the stay very much. Sad the best Starwood properties are getting abandoned. I definitely would've stayed here again.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
This property is still listed on the Marriott Bonvoy website, and the website for THIS specific property is also still up.
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...gkor/overview/

There is a note on the official hotel website saying the following

We are closed for a full renovation
Please be advised that Le Méridien Angkor, Siem Reap, is currently closed for a full renovation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to our revitalized resort in the near future. Thank you.

No mention of a re-opening date.

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I worry that Le Meridien is becoming a neglected brand in the Marriott portfolio what with London gone and Chiang Mai going and now this. Largely due to good experiences in Bangkok (still my go-to hotel) and Saigon, it was my favourite brand under SPG.
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Ditto for the Le Meridien Saigon, albeit it has been a few years but we really liked that hotel. There definitely is a few really nice properties out there, but I agree with your assessment that Marriott has no real focus on this brand.
Honestly, not really sure what their focus is?

Le Meridien Singapore Sentosa is also gone.

All signs seem to point towards Le Meridien reducing their footprint in east asia.
No properties all in Japan, Phillipines, or Singapore.
Only 1 property left in Vietnam and South Korea.
The rest of the east asian countries all have multiple properties.
More details can be viewed here:

https://le-meridien.marriott.com/hotel-directory/

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 28, 2023 at 1:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.