Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Wow, this hotel seems to be doing VERY well. I'm trying to use some of my free weekend nights and every weekend in August and Sept (Fr/Sat/Sun) shows no availability! I even called to confirm this. Any chance there could be an issue with the rooms being loaded in the system?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by araknis
Wow, this hotel seems to be doing VERY well. I'm trying to use some of my free weekend nights and every weekend in August and Sept (Fr/Sat/Sun) shows no availability! I even called to confirm this. Any chance there could be an issue with the rooms being loaded in the system?
Starwood Lurker II looked at that earlier, at least for some of the weekends, and confirmed the lack of availbility. I had to take it off my list for summer nights redemption.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Mrs. G tried to book a free night today and the Plat Concierge tried every possible night through the promo period with no success. He expressed a lot of frustration about this property and said it only has 9 "standard" rooms, making it very difficult to get guests in there on redemption. He said it's been a common discussion topic at their PC meetings. At any rate, it looks like we're out of luck this go around. We still have one free night to find a use for and are looking to stay close to home. St. Regis SF anyone?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I hope SPG adds some of their "deluxe" rooms into the normal pool of rooms.

Guess I'll see you at the St. Regis SF.

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Mrs. G tried to book a free night today and the Plat Concierge tried every possible night through the promo period with no success. He expressed a lot of frustration about this property and said it only has 9 "standard" rooms, making it very difficult to get guests in there on redemption. He said it's been a common discussion topic at their PC meetings. At any rate, it looks like we're out of luck this go around. We still have one free night to find a use for and are looking to stay close to home. St. Regis SF anyone?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:14 pm

And the joke is for Platinum Members at least you would never be in the standard room
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:30 am

I actually stayed at this property last weekend using the promotion. We stayed the saturday night and I only made the reservation the thursday before. The hotel did seem busy, but I some how got lucky and received an upgrade as a lowly gold.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 9:49 am

I suggest contacting someone inhouse at the Westin Napa. I had a similar issue with no standard (garden view) rooms being available for saturday nite on a 3 nite stay (Fri-Mon) at the St Regis Monarch Beach. SPG wasn't able to help me out. I called the hotel direct and spoke to the inhouse reservation, she in turn got approval from the general manager and was able to do some type of system override and accept my awards (2 rooms for 3 nites).
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Richard_SVO_SPG_Platinum
I suggest contacting someone inhouse at the Westin Napa. I had a similar issue with no standard (garden view) rooms being available for saturday nite on a 3 nite stay (Fri-Mon) at the St Regis Monarch Beach. SPG wasn't able to help me out. I called the hotel direct and spoke to the inhouse reservation, she in turn got approval from the general manager and was able to do some type of system override and accept my awards (2 rooms for 3 nites).
PC actually tried this and commented that he's had terrible luck dealing with this property on this issue.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP - CK, DL PM, *Wood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Recent Stay Report

As a Platinum, I stayed here Wed - Fri this week. I was very very impressed by the way I was taken care of. My room: Booked a standard room (corporate rate) and upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite, next to the river.

I love this hotel and plan on returning with my wife for our 5yr anniversary.

This is one of the best hotels I have come across as a Plat, besides the Westin Moana Surfrider, for Plat upgrades.

Enjoy Napa!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
PC actually tried this and commented that he's had terrible luck dealing with this property on this issue.
I had the same problem over the past weekend. Trying to find a way to use up the free nights but yet not travel to far out from the bay area. Called up resv, no luck. The told me about the limited number of "standard" rooms and how this is one of the most popular places for free nights. Then had someone on the inside try but still no luck.

I guess I may be headed further away the next couple weekends.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
Nice overall stay

I stayed as corporate member on points last year in October.
How can I express the joy we had, my friend and I when we checked in that jewel of the Westin chain: Happy dance for 3 minutes.
Everything is looked after with a unprecendented attention to detail. Front desk clerk was green but probably the nicest and most courteous Ive ever seen. Concierge was quite OK with recommandation but I already had some hint from some of my business associates.
Bed are wonderfull, again, Westin is still the best for that.

Again if I ever married, this hotel will be in the top of the list for my honeymoon :-) Any prospect to introduce to me?
Cheers folks

Last edited by matt_in_yul; Aug 11, 2009 at 1:15 pm
Old Jul 26, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, ANA Loser Status
Hey all,

I stayed at the Verasa Napa last week from Tuesday to Friday. It was an amazing stay and I cannot say enough great things about the hotel or my trip to Napa.

I just earned my Plat status and they upgraded me from a standard studio to a full 1-bedroom suite. The suite is very spacious and the full kitchen was very useful. We were able to buy some sundries and make our own breakfasts every morning which was quite nice (and saved some $$$ for the fabulous evening meals we had).

The hotel is brand new -- so as you can expect, the rooms, lobby, pool area and workout facilities are fresh, clean and contemporary. We loved it.

My only complaint would be the lack of a day spa (a little odd given the locale) and fact that the concierge is only on duty from Wednesday through Sunday.

That said -- the staff was super helpful, and saw to our every need. I actually met the GM. We were in the lobby bar enjoying the evening wine tasting, the GM was the in the lobby with some of the other hotel executives and came over and introduced himself.

I would highly, highly recommend this property. I can't wait to get back to Napa ... and I plan on staying at the Westin every time I am up there.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:03 am

Mrs. G and I used one of our free nights for a quick getaway at the Westin Napa this weekend. Getting in was a challenge as they initially had no availability for redemption, but after a few days of checking, we were able to book it. If you're interested in using a free night there, just keep checking. I even noticed it was available for redemption the morning of, which may have been a result of Plats being pre-blocked for upgrades.

We were upgraded to a huge 1 BR suite with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining area, living room, and large balcony overlooking the pool area. The place is beautiful and still very fresh looking.

We did experience a lot of noise issues that I didn't expect from a hotel of this caliber. There's a metal gate in the pool area that slams every time someone passes through it, there were children running up and down the hallway, it sounded like there was a gymnastics meet in the room above us, and when our neighbors above ran their bathtub, it was just plain loud. I would have expected better sound insulation from this place.

It's a nice place and we'll likely return if the price is right as it's only about an hour away for us. I just might bring earplugs next time.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, SkyMiles,Avis
got a nice little letter today...collection letter for 23$ fee forgotten 9 months ago

I got a letter from Westin Collection department (my first letter of such in my life) with an Intrawest letterhead saying I left my room without paying... the resort fee of 23 odd dollars from my stay 9 months ago.
I know we could have a long talk about those fee but is it not worse to collect people 9 months because of a mistake from the hotel. I would not dare to ask for points after that period of time and especially for such a trivial amount.
Watch yall, you gonna get the nasty letter soon because it seem to have been a widespread mistake as the letter was not even personalised.
Called Corporate Service at Starwood, which I encourage you to do as it automatically require formal complaint response from the hotel GM. If they are flodded with complaints, maybe they will understand that have to be more business oriented and that the man-hour invested will offset the money collected.
I feel like the hotel must feel when a guest leave with the towels: its cheap especially when your staying in a 4 star.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matt_in_yul
I got a letter from Westin Collection department (my first letter of such in my life) with an Intrawest letterhead saying I left my room without paying... the resort fee of 23 odd dollars from my stay 9 months ago.
I know we could have a long talk about those fee but is it not worse to collect people 9 months because of a mistake from the hotel. I would not dare to ask for points after that period of time and especially for such a trivial amount.
Watch yall, you gonna get the nasty letter soon because it seem to have been a widespread mistake as the letter was not even personalised.
Called Corporate Service at Starwood, which I encourage you to do as it automatically require formal complaint response from the hotel GM. If they are flodded with complaints, maybe they will understand that have to be more business oriented and that the man-hour invested will offset the money collected.
I feel like the hotel must feel when a guest leave with the towels: its cheap especially when your staying in a 4 star.
I'll quote myself:

Originally Posted by hillrider
Feels like this property is set up to scam, not to provide service
BTW, the Intrawest name explains a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.