Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2004, 5:43 am

It's not working for me...

NJUPINTHEAIR, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I tried using the PKG code for the Pere Marquette in late October (2 weekdays), and instead of the Aquarium package, I'm getting the Honeymoon package at $189/night. Any idea why I can't get the Aquarium package?
Old Apr 16, 2004, 7:16 am
Suspended

From the rate rules:

MUST STAY 2 NIGHTS ONLY
Rate Information
THE NEW ORLEANS AQUARIUM/IMAX THEATER PACKAGE
INCLUDES BREAKFAST FOR 2 FOR A MAXIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS IN
RENE'S BISTRO OR ROOM SERVICE
AND 2 ADULT TICKETS FOR THE IMAX THEATRE PER STAY
AND 2 ADULT TICKETS FOR THE AQUARIUM PER STAY
*THIS PACKAGE REQUIRES A 2 NIGHT STAY. ADDITIONAL NIGHTS MAY BE
BOOKED AT THE PREVAILING RATE.
My question is, if I'm staying 4 nights, how badly would they frown upon having 2 reservations for 2 nights each? I checked to see if it was available, and as example dates, the website would let me book a 2 night res for June 18/19. Then "check out" on the 20th and book another 2 night res for June 20/21. I suppose they could make it a PITA and make me actually check out and physically remove my stuff from the room from noon until 4:00 on the 20th - but that would sure beat a 100% room rate increase for the 3rd & 4th nights!
Old Apr 16, 2004, 7:18 am
Suspended

Best Property in New Orleans (as long as we're on the topic)

I'm thinking about a reward stay in N.O. I see all 4 of the full-service properties are category 5 hotels, so which one is the best. From the website, I'm kind of leaning toward the Renaissance Arts, but it looks like that may be a bit further from the action that the other 3. Is it really that far out of the way?

Thanks for info!
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:52 am
Suspended

Honu -- it could be one of two things. Either the package plan does not extend past September, when Buce was able to book his stay, or those dates are just not available for the package for whatever the reason.

Sorry, I can't be more clear, but that would be the only two reasons that I could forsee why it was not offered. Of course, you could try to contact the hotel directly, to see if they offer it, but that it does not show on the central website because the allotment has already been sold through that medium. Good Luck!

MCO -- I see nothing wrong with your booking two back to back packages with different reservation numbers. Of course, you may get some grumblilng, but I see that is pefectly appropriate.

If you feel a bit gunshy for doing that, you could always book the package at one hotel and then switch to the other one offering it, or book the package under your name, and the next package under your travelling companion's name!

I doubt however, that you will get such flak for the back to back package bookings -- and if you do , just call the manager because you booked a legitimate rate, and you should raised holy hell if you are treated in a less than cordial manner.
Old Apr 16, 2004, 11:09 am
Suspended

My comments.....

DELETED???????

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jun 22, 2004 at 6:14 pm
Old Apr 16, 2004, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I book multiple reservations at the same hotel all the time for several reasons:

1) I might want to cancel the first day or two of a trip and really want the great rate I found on certain specific days, so having it split up is easy. I´ve found it easier to delete days from the end of a stay, but changing the first day requires selecting whatever rates are now available. Having it in a separate reservation is a snap. Just delete the day you don´t want.

2) Sometimes, packages or coupons are good for a certain number of days, and I book them separately so as not to confuse the "not combinable with other coupons/offers" to come up.

During check in, I just show them all the reservation codes I have for my stay and I have never had a problem doing it that way!

Billz
Old Apr 16, 2004, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by honu
NJUPINTHEAIR, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I tried using the PKG code for the Pere Marquette in late October (2 weekdays), and instead of the Aquarium package, I'm getting the Honeymoon package at $189/night. Any idea why I can't get the Aquarium package?
I don't know how long the package is available, but I booked it for Nov 12-14, so I suspect it was just not available for your dates. I saw it also available for some early Dec 2004 weekends. Good luck.
Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:09 am

NJUPINTHEAIR, you were absolutely right. I tried the two days following my preferred dates, and, sure enough, there was availability at the Marriott New Orleans. Thank you so much for posting the code!
Old Apr 20, 2004, 9:35 am

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
is there a cancel charge

for using this "pkg" code? When i go to book it, it seems like the wording states that there is:
CANCELLATION PERMITTED
- UP TO 3 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL
1 NIGHTS RM & TAX CXL FEE - TOTAL 225.87 USD
- AS FIRST NIGHT PAYMENT

not sure of the dates we will be able to use this, but want to make reservations now.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
While the package price sounds reasonably decent, you can likely save even more money by going on Priceline, where it turns up frequently, if you type in 4* French Quarter. Lately, that's what's been coming up. I snagged this over MLK Day weekend for $45 a night. At those rates, even if you did the things in the package a la carte it would still come out less. And breakfast at the Marriott is hardly a prize, especially when you're near so many great places in the Quarter.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Smile I beg to differ.....

Originally Posted by murrayhill
While the package price sounds reasonably decent, you can likely save even more money by going on Priceline, where it turns up frequently, if you type in 4* French Quarter. Lately, that's what's been coming up. I snagged this over MLK Day weekend for $45 a night. At those rates, even if you did the things in the package a la carte it would still come out less. And breakfast at the Marriott is hardly a prize, especially when you're near so many great places in the Quarter.
Let's see now.

$199.00

- $60.00 --- After all, you are granted at least $30 for breakfast or room service per day with this package.

= $139.00

- $28.00 ---- The price of 2 Adult admissions to the Aquarium

= $111.00

- $17.00 -- Which I believe is the price of 2 Adult Admissions to the IMAX

= $94 .00

Divided by 2 = $47.00 per night

Arrayed against this is the glorious Priceline Bid of $45.00 per night = $90.00

PLUS THE $5.95 SERVICE CHARGE that Priceline places on all its bids

= $95.95 plus taxes vs. $94.00 plus taxes

ENOUGH SAID....

BUT wait, there is more.

With Priceline, you are locked into those dates that you have bid and your purchase is non-refundable.

With this particular PKG rate, you have until 3 days to cancel your reservations before you are charged a non-refundable fee.

If the above was not enough, let us not forget, that with Priceline, there are no status perks provided to you, e.g., room choice/selection, or access to the Concierge Lounge, which as I have noted, is open 7 days a week.

If the above were not enough, let us also remember that you earn points and stay credit on this package rate, whereas you earn nothing on the base rate paid to Priceline.

Finally, as I had noted initially, the Marriott is not the only hotel offering this package rate, as the Pere Marquette offers it, as well, as I have now stayed on it on 3 separate occasions.

So, although Priceline may be very good in other circumstances, your analysis is entirely inapplicable in this instance.

As many on these boards already know, when I state that something is a great deal, I usually leave no stone unturned in figuring out the alternatives to same, and yes, I had factored in the Priceline analysis before I even posted my notice of this deal.

By the way, welcome to FT.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:46 am

As luck would have it, my wife just mentioned that she wants to go to New Orleans for a few days. I was just wondering if anyone would recommend one hotel over the other.

Thanks,
KT
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:19 am
Suspended

DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jun 22, 2004 at 6:12 pm
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:59 pm

New Courtyard in New Orleans?

I was looking for a deal for Thanksgiving Weekend in New Orleans. Used the New Orleans pkg code mentioned earlier for Thursday and Friday, but having problems with Saturday night. Through SideStep, I came up with a deal at the Courtyard French Quarter on Rampart St, but you have to book through Travel Deals Now and prepay. For some reason, I can't get this hotel to come up on Marriott's site. Is this brand new? Why wouldn't it show up on Marriott's directory? Anyone seen this facility? I am little leery making prepaid reservations and especially at one that I can't find on Marriott's site.
Thanks.
Cindi
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:22 pm
Suspended

No, No, No!!!

Don't book that hotel!!

At least, don't book it if you want to stay at a Marriott family property!!

The name is deceiving, but I am sure that was the name of this estasblishment when there was just a gleam in Bill Snr's eye concerning the Courtyard chain.

The name of that hotel is the French Quarter Courtyard, and it is not affiliated with Marriott. No doubt it has a courtyard within its confines -- as other old New Orleans French Quarter hotels and houses do.

But, make no mistake, the hotel at 1101 Rampart is no Courtyard by Marriott.

It may be a nice hotel, however, but I have no information on that!

Good luck with your plans.

Instead, you may wish to try the D50, R9H, R8H and LPR codes in the Big Easy as I have sometimes found them to pull up some rates, but a Saturday night without other nights surrounding it with the above rate codes sounds kind of iffy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.