Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:26 pm

That's the "French Quarter Courtyard"

I can see how confusing it is. That property's actually called the "French Quarter Courtyard," but it's not affiliated with Marriott.

This is not to be confused with the "Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter"
Old May 16, 2004, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Looking for a good deal in New Orleans over Thanksgiving? Get in touch with me privately. I have a secret available which will be of much help in the area.
Old May 19, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
JW Marriott New Orleans: mini-report

We were in New Orleans two weeks ago and spent two nights at the JW Marriott on a $169 OTP rate combined with an EEO certificate.

WELCOME / STAFF
Upon arrival, the valet greeted us in a friendly, helpful manner, and the check-in staff was efficient, professional, and kind. All interactions with staff were positive.

LOBBY / CONSTRUCTION STATUS
The lobby of the hotel is a little bit odd in its layout– I imagine that Marriott might have configured the facility a little differently had they not inherited it from Le Meridien. That said, I think Marriott did a nice job with the limited lobby space. Previous posters have mentioned extensive renovations in the lobby – these seem to have been completed. That said, the Concierge Lounge was not completed as of our arrival date.

ACCOMODATIONS
According to the website, the hotel has two common room types – luxury rooms at 338 square feet, and deluxe corner rooms at 443 square feet. We had reserved a deluxe room, and were given one on the 18th floor. In my opinion, the configuration of the room was a little bit odd and didn’t really give one an impression that the room was particularly spacious, but once again, this was something Marriott inherited. All in all, I felt the rooms were nice, and the bed very comfortable, but the fit and finish seemed more “nice Marriott” than “JW” to me. The only true downside – the water pressure left something to be desired…on two occasions, it was reduced to a trickle.

DINING
We had three dining experiences in the hotel – one snack at the lobby bar, which was good (although the lobby bar was pretty devoid of atmosphere), and two breakfasts in Midi, the hotel restaurant. I thought the breakfasts at Midi were fantastic – the room has great atmosphere, the service was great, and the buffet was extensive, delicious, and well beyond “the usual breakfast spread.” My partner was interested in ordering off the menu, and the staff was fine with accommodating his needs.

SUMMARY
All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. I’d probably return to the Renaissance Arts next time I'm in town as I like the area and atmosphere a little more, but the JW is certainly a fine hotel.
Old May 19, 2004, 8:50 am
Suspended

Great succinct report! Thanks!
Old May 19, 2004, 9:04 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I’d probably return to the Renaissance Arts next time I'm in town as I like the area and atmosphere a little more, but the JW is certainly a fine hotel.
Thats a mighty fine hotel and probably the best of the Marriott lot in New Orleans.
Old May 19, 2004, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I did a mini-report last summer after a stay there that also has some info not contained above, so hopefully this complements snorkmaster's mini-report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...rriott+Orleans
Old May 19, 2004, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
we had the Cleopatran settee too , but I thought our room was pretty cozy.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I did a mini-report last summer after a stay there that also has some info not contained above, so hopefully this complements snorkmaster's mini-report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...rriott+Orleans
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Yet another Marriott in New Orleans! - Marriott New Orleans at the Convention Center

Apparently, I was incorrect in my overall assessment of the situation.

Sorry to have troubled you.

NJ

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Dec 4, 2004 at 3:03 pm
Old Sep 19, 2004, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm back from New Orleans. The aquarium is really terrific. The hotel had some problems, however. When I checked in, Tiffany at the front desk wrote my rate as $199/night in my key package. I pointed out that it's $199 for both nights and showed her my documentation, which was more than enough to satisfy anybody. She insisted on checking it out for herself (on her system). Sure enough, she finally agreed with me. So I asked her to be sure to enter a rate change to zero for the second night, so that I wouldn't have to argue about this at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. She assured me that she would do that.

So...at 4 a.m. on Sunday morning, I look at the bill pushed under my door. Big surprise: I was charged $199 per night (i.e., $398 plus tax for my 2-night stay). I called the front desk and got this fixed, but I'm really unhappy about it because Tiffany promised that it would be handled correctly -- and I told her what to do. Making matters worse, Tiffany is the front desk manager, apparently (according to the woman who checked me out this morning)!

Bruce
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Can I use a Bonus Buck cert. on this PKG stay?
Reserved at the Pere Marquette.-is this a nice place?
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:46 pm

I just stayed at the Pere Marquette Renaissance last weekend on the PES (same as PKG) rate, which was $99 per night and included the IMAX and Aquarium coupons as well as free breakfast.

I did hand over a Bonus Bucks coupon upon checkin and was credited $100 to my room bill.

The front desk did not offer the IMAX or Aquarium coupons, however, I was not going to use them anyway (in town for a funeral) and since I basically was getting a $250/nt room for $50/nt at this point, I didn't bother asking for them.

Hotel was nice, quiet.... room was on the small side but comfortable, nice bathroom setup....good location (but BOY is New Orleans a noisy town, even at 2am when you are on the 18th floor!).
Old Sep 19, 2004, 10:06 pm

THANK YOU so much Flyerwife-great info!!!This site can be soooooo great!Thanks to all of you on this!
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:50 am

What a nice place!Just returned from a long weekend at the Pere Marquette.
There is no Tiffany working at the desk theese days Everyone on the staff was great and soooooo friendly.
Used the PKG code-no Imax or aquarium coupons left,so they gave me a late checkout(3pm)as compensation,and some Zoo tix also.
Checked in early(10 am)got a big room on a high floor with a view of the river.
Wonderfully quiet location.I was able to get naps every afternoon.
No problem with the use of a bonus bucks coupon.
Love the decor and the vibe of this place.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 6:34 am

The only properties offering either the PKG or PES code for my next stay(early Feb.'05)are in outlyong areas(Kenner and Metarie)-any other ideas?
Old Nov 4, 2004, 7:55 am

Early Feb is Mardi Gras.....I don't think you'll find any discounts during that time.

If you have a Bonus Buck, this might be the time to use it.

Last edited by flyerwife; Nov 4, 2004 at 8:00 am Reason: add Bonus Buck suggestion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.