Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bahrain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Staying here at the minute. It's not going to win any awards and is in need of a refurb, but it's good value for the money and has service levels you'd expect from a much more expensive hotel.

I was upgraded to a suite which is literally two connecting rooms, with one having had its bed replaced with a sofa bed. Two full bathrooms, etc. Not going to win any design awards, but the space was appreciated for a weekend stay.

Pro's: The gym is the best I've seen in the region and the downstairs Iranian restaurant is fantastic, even if it does lack a bit of atmosphere.
Con's: Despite being there for a couple of hours and asking, I couldn't figure out how to get service at the pool area. In the changing rooms there's a non-stick surface which is actually rather painful on the feet, which feels a bit unnecessary.

No real complaints and an adequate hotel for work or play in every way, but next time I might try one of the more expensive options just to check out the pools. For those interested in the Marriott side, the Ritz Carlton is at another level entirely, but you obviously pay for that.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
This hotel does need a refurb, but then again you will pay probably 50% more when they do. The Le Meridien at the mall is a nice option as the Westin there is usually 25-35% more expensive than the LM.

Bahrain in general is alittle pricey for there isn't a lot of options. I haven't stayed at the Ritz Carlton although I have been there numerous times for meals and Trader Vics is great.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:40 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Can anyone comment on the lounge and if worth it to book a club room? Also how is the pool area?

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I can't remember visiting the lounge, but the pool is quite pretty and a nice place to hang out for a while. There are issues with service, as I mentioned above.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is there any kind of entertainment in the evening at this hotel (music band) in the lobby or around the pool during weekends?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is there any kind of entertainment in the evening at this hotel (music band) in the lobby or around the pool during weekends?
The upstairs restaurants had live music, but I didn't see anything else. It doesn't really feel like the kind of place that would, either.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:16 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
We visited Bahrain for a few days in early January and stayed at the Sheraton. Hotel is pretty dated, but otherwise more or less OK. We booked a club room which was a bit on the small side, and the lounge was nothing spectacular. However the staff was friendly and the pool and gym area were nice and pretty up to date.

Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...raton-bahrain/
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
I'm currently in the hotel. Worth noting for anyone who isn't familiar with Bahrain that during Ramadan everything closes - Including the lounge, bar & restaurants in the hotel. The only restaurant open is the evening "Iftar" breaking of the fast from 18:30. Which is a Buffett in the restaurant downstairs and is currently priced at BHD16++ on the weekdays and BHD18++ on the weekends. The rest of the restaurants and cafes do not open at all during Ramadan. If you don't want the evening Iftar Buffett the only other option is room service. If you want alcohol the only option is to have it delivered to your room during Ramadan.

Last edited by LHR FLYER; Jun 9, 2018 at 9:24 am
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum

Current Ramadan Promotion
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:31 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked in. A few initial thoughts:

- I see people in this thread calling the hard product dated in '05. Well, it looks even more dated now with '18 standards.
- On the other hand, service is excellent in my first 20min here. Attentive service all around, friendly staff. Not sure if it's the Sheraton or Bahrain in general — but color me impressed. I had someone offer to carry up all my luggage to the room, the staff explained everything, I walked into a room with turndown service done.
- Was pre-upgraded to a suite, like another poster said, they literally took two rooms, replaced the bed in one with a living area, and put a connecting door. You get two front doors, two full bathrooms, two things to plug a key into to get power.
- The hotel bar looks like a cheap dive bar. There's live music — currently a very pleasant band latino girl band making you think you're in Cuba! Extensive drink menu looks quite bad with a lousy beer selection. Stella on draft does the job.
- Very smoker friendly — for me that's a negative.

Overall, I'm quite happy considering the price of 44 BHD.

Will report back when I've tried the club lounge and breakfast.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The hotel was supposed to be comprehensively renovated when the Bahrain World Trade Center opened in 2008, including a full gut interior redo and recladding the exterior to make it more cohesive with the BWTC twin towers, but they temporarily iced it because of the 2008/9 recession. This article from April 2015 [http://www.tradearabia.com/news/CONS_278866.html] mentions a planned renovation "over the next couple of years" but clearly nothing's been done since then.

Wonder what's holding them back when the competition in Bahrain is slowly ramping up. The Ritz-Carlton, as I've been told by a friend who stayed last Christmas, is also getting on.

khabah
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked out. A overall no-complaints stay. Had low expectations and they were met. Good location. Hilariously bad hotel bar. Lousy breakfast. Great service. Hilariously dated hard product. Platinum-friendly policies.

It's perfectly fine as a crash-pad, just don't come with any expectations of luxury.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I have a couple of questions if anyone can be kind enough to answer:

1. I am teaching a course at the Wyndham Grand Hotel. I need to stay at a Marriott/SPG property to keep my status. On Google Maps I see Sheraton is 2.2 km from Wyndham. Is there a walking route available, or are the connecting roads such that it's impossible to walk?

2. I will be there for two weeks. So on the weekend I'd like to move to another Marriott (or SPG) property. Any recommendations? Preferably one from which sightseeing will be easier. I do like to walk as much as possible.

Thank you.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:05 pm

Uber is available and pretty cheap. I would do that. Bahrain is not designed for walking.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Just some feedback. I did walk daily in the end. It was a very pleasant walk but that was in the Bahrain winter not summer. About half an hour each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.