Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bahrain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:40 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do suites or club level guests receive better bathroom toiletries? or does everyone get the same basic Sheraton brand gook that many international properties are still using?
I got some strange ones in my club room. Not sure what the name was.

It was an okay stay. Except for the club floor nothing special for Platinums. The rooms are quite nice and large and the hotel is nice as well. Service was only mediocre and you better not ask for something which requires flexibility from staff (like asking whether the shuttle can leave 10 minutes later when you are the only passenger).

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Jun 28, 2008 at 7:12 am
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Don't know if I was on the club floor or not, the toiletries I had there is something call "James Gent London", it is "specially packed for Starwood" according to the label. Never seen it before but seems common in middle east as my later stay at Dubai Sheraton has the same product.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Had a few stays recently and received good treatment. This is neither a new nor a spectacular property, but nothing wrong with it.

Rooms are fine, but only few with walk-in shower. Mostly upgraded to Junior Suites, on a funny side-note a colleague who is 'only' Gold repeatedly scored better ugrades when checking in at the same time (Exec and Royal suite).

Smallish club lounge with good cocktail hour, BF voucher for main restaurant is provided (good selection). Iranian restaurant very good, Chinese place OK.

Good fitness facility but with external guests getting crowded in the afternoon. Rather modest pool area.

Hotel is perfectly fine for a business stay but not a holiday spot.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by banzani
Had a few stays recently and received good treatment. This is neither a new nor a spectacular property, but nothing wrong with it.

Rooms are fine, but only few with walk-in shower. Mostly upgraded to Junior Suites, on a funny side-note a colleague who is 'only' Gold repeatedly scored better ugrades when checking in at the same time (Exec and Royal suite).

Smallish club lounge with good cocktail hour, BF voucher for main restaurant is provided (good selection). Iranian restaurant very good, Chinese place OK.

Good fitness facility but with external guests getting crowded in the afternoon. Rather modest pool area.

Hotel is perfectly fine for a business stay but not a holiday spot.
What did you think of the value? I think it is on the expensive side but all hotels in Bahrain are IMO.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:58 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by schley
What did you think of the value? I think it is on the expensive side but all hotels in Bahrain are IMO.
I would agree...but pricing is driven by competition and there is little in Bahrain....however last stay was 65 BHD which I found to be good value. If it becomes 3-digit I agree it is steep.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anyone stayed in this hotel recently? Any update on condition/plat benefits?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by penlin
Has anyone stayed in this hotel recently? Any update on condition/plat benefits?

Thanks
I was there in the fall for just one night and quite happy. I'd been upgraded to a suite that was larger than most hotel lobbies. There were three distinct seating areas (like a club floor lounge), dining room, and the bedroom with two big chairs in which to watch tv. I left my razor by mistake and they contacted me and offered to mail it back to the US.

I'll be back in a few weeks and look forward.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I was there in the fall for just one night and quite happy. I'd been upgraded to a suite that was larger than most hotel lobbies. There were three distinct seating areas (like a club floor lounge), dining room, and the bedroom with two big chairs in which to watch tv. I left my razor by mistake and they contacted me and offered to mail it back to the US.

You were quite fortunate! I was upgrades to a suite that was SMALLER than most hotel ROOMS. It was a real suite, with a wall separating the bedroom and the sitting room, but it was still fantastically small.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy

+1 I got upgraded to a nice suite last month and overall had a positive opinion of the hotel again. It is slightly dated, like most five-star hotels in Bahrain (except the new Kempinski, which is beautiful, and the InterCon which has been renovated), but the amenities are good, Platinum recognition is sound (I got club access plus breakfast and late check-out), and service is of an above-average level of professionalism for the region. The location is not as good as the InterContinental, but still very central.

I ate at the Iranian restaurant, and wouldn't recommend it. It was decent, but nothing special and not worthy of hotel prices. I have found Bahrain lacking for exemplary local (Arabic/Iranian/Indian) cuisine in general, but there are better options than this one.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:02 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Any thoughts on the 15% service charge that is assessed at this property?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Any thoughts on the 15% service charge that is assessed at this property?
What about it? It's too much? Yes. Stay elsewhere, the place is not that great.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:28 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
What about it? It's too much? Yes. Stay elsewhere, the place is not that great.
Thanks. That's the exact answer I was looking for. Booked a room at the Marriott Residence Inn and LNF'd that since I am only staying the night.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:19 pm
cxn

Stayed here for one night. Was upgraded to a nice room/suite as PLT. Staff was very friendly and maybe a bit over friendly but it didnt bother me. They pointed out my LTP status and was saying how great it was.

When I go back, this is the place I will stay.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I also just came back from Sheraton Bahrain after 1 night stay. 63BHD+ I arrived at very late night (11:30pm), so could not use lounge for evening session, but they kindly extended using it for the next day's evening. What a great courtesy.. I checked out at 4pm and use whole benefit by 8pm before I headed to the airport.

Upgrade to a junior suite, it's pretty old, but nothing to complain. Free buffet breakfast was offered in the restaurant, but could not use since I woke up at noon..

Good stay..
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Now that I've stayed here a few times, I can say that Platinum recognition is pretty good, with a 100% upgrade rate so far across 8 stays, and the pool is decent, and so is the breakfast, although I have yet to make it to the lounge. It seems like several airlines use this as their crew hotel, but aside from that, it seems to be lightly occupied regardless of when I have been here. So, if you need to stay at a Starwood property, this is a decent one (only one in Bahrain) compared to many others I have been to elsewhere, and as others have noted, the staff is overly friendly most times. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.