Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Great - thanks very much for the directions.

Found this web page as well: http://www.aboutmilan.com/wash-and-dry-in-milan.html

Last edited by GetawaysRus; Jul 2, 2012 at 10:19 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Does anyone know what the breakfast amenity for Platinum guests is?
Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
Does anyone know what the breakfast amenity for Platinum guests is?
Thanks!
The SPG preprinted Plat breakfast card states Continental Breakfast for Plat guest plus one registered guest in same room (they check passports for all guests). However, the actual breakfast is full buffet.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Originally Posted by CIT85
The SPG preprinted Plat breakfast card states Continental Breakfast for Plat guest plus one registered guest in same room (they check passports for all guests). However, the actual breakfast is full buffet.
Thank you!
So you get the full buffet breakfast?
A great way to start the day in Milan!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Robinjoym
Thank you!
So you get the full buffet breakfast?
A great way to start the day in Milan!
Yes, you do get the full buffet breakfast, especially since all I did was to show them the breakfast card and give them my room number when entering the restaurant. In fact, if you're paying and just wanted coffee and croissant, then you have to be sure they don't charge you for full breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:23 am

June 2012 Stay

We just stayed aWestin Palace Milan for 2 nights on award. We were pre-assigned a large room above the front entrance of the hotel with roll away bed. Roll away bed charge was 80 euros per day. I selected breakfast as Plat amenity. No welcome gift or departure gift as others have experienced.

Location of this hotel is a bit strange, middle of nowhere in Milan, although close to the American Consulate. Everything, Dome and shopping, was within walking distance, so it was just fine.

I drove into Milan and parked in a garage 2 blocks behind the hotel for 20 euros per day, instead of vlaet parking at the hotel for 35 euros per day. There are plenty of parking garages within 2 block radius of the hotel.

The was a great restaurant, Ilia, several blocks down the main street that we went both nights.

This hotel was fine for what we wanted to do on a quick stop in Milan. But nothing to write home about.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Westin Milan [Master Thread]

I concur on the restaurant mentioned in the above post. I ate there once or twice while there in April and was very pleased with the food and service.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold
Anyone who has stayed here recently (or who is familiar with the area) - can you please help me figure out the best way to get the the hotel from MXP? Taxi is really expensive, but looks like there is an Express Train, and a Shuttle Bus.
Does the Malpensa Express train go to Centrale Station (which i understand is walking distance to the hotel)? I have read conflicting information - Lonely Planet's guide says it does, but then i can't find that info on the Express train's website.
It looks like the Shuttle Bus does go to Central Station, but does if Milan is a heavy-traffic city i'm not sure that's a great option?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Check page 2 of this thread.
Will be staying here next week ^
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by BVsmurfette
Anyone who has stayed here recently (or who is familiar with the area) - can you please help me figure out the best way to get the the hotel from MXP? Taxi is really expensive, but looks like there is an Express Train, and a Shuttle Bus.
Does the Malpensa Express train go to Centrale Station (which i understand is walking distance to the hotel)? I have read conflicting information - Lonely Planet's guide says it does, but then i can't find that info on the Express train's website.
It looks like the Shuttle Bus does go to Central Station, but does if Milan is a heavy-traffic city i'm not sure that's a great option?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/il_...o/servizio.php

http://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/ora...ws/content.php

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Aug 4, 2012 at 4:28 am
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Exactly right. There is good coverage about getting here from MXP in previous pages but take the bus and then if you don't have a lot of baggage, walk down to the hotel (~15min or so). Otherwise grab a cab after you get off the bus.

We stayed here in early July this year for a night and wanted to quickly recommend checking out Maruzzella (http://www.yelp.com/biz/maruzzella-milano) for dinner. It's an easy ~10min walk from the hotel and was absolutely awesome. Very popular locals spot so expect a wait if you get there later; totally worth it though! Watch the guy making pizzas when you first walk in to get an idea of what you want to order. We had two different pizzas and the bruschetta. Everything was amazing!

I'll post more info on the hotel/rooms later on.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by remymartin
Check page 2 of this thread.
Will be staying here next week ^
Make sure you ask for a room far away from the renovations. We were on the 5th floor a couple weeks ago and were awoken at 730AM to hammering from what sounded like the 4th fl.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Make sure you ask for a room far away from the renovations. We were on the 5th floor a couple weeks ago and were awoken at 730AM to hammering from what sounded like the 4th fl.
There was two weeks ago an ongoing renovation on the fourth floor. The restaurant rooms were closed for lunch and the restaurant was located for lunch in the bar, including tha salad buffet. Breakfast and dinner was served in the rooms of the restaurant as normal.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Exactly right. There is good coverage about getting here from MXP in previous pages but take the bus and then if you don't have a lot of baggage, walk down to the hotel (~15min or so). Otherwise grab a cab after you get off the bus.

We stayed here in early July this year for a night and wanted to quickly recommend checking out Maruzzella (http://www.yelp.com/biz/maruzzella-milano) for dinner. It's an easy ~10min walk from the hotel and was absolutely awesome. Very popular locals spot so expect a wait if you get there later; totally worth it though! Watch the guy making pizzas when you first walk in to get an idea of what you want to order. We had two different pizzas and the bruschetta. Everything was amazing!

I'll post more info on the hotel/rooms later on.
A couple of my co-workers raved about Maruzella. However, for the life of me, I couldn't understand WHY they thought it was so over-the-top good. It is good, and there is a wait, but it's just a restaurant and I don't believe it really does stand out. The owner/host kind of looks like Roger Ebert...

Bianco Latte or Latte Bianco - the gelato place down the street from the hotel is OMG good.

As for getting from MXP to Milan - it seems like there are 400 buses a day that do the trip. My company's office is 100 yards meters from where they drop off and pick up and it was always busy busy busy. A cab ride to the hotel from there (and there are is a huge cab stand right there) is about 7 Euro.

Last edited by mjpaci; Aug 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Had a nice stay at the Westin Palace again. Got a nice corner suite which I'd stayed in previously.

I can confirm that the lower floors still have renovations going on. It was of no nuissance on the upper floors.

The hotel was rather empty, but I cannot understand why the roof terrace is so under utilised. It was an extremely nice spot to chill at on a sunny, lazy day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.