Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
they have all been renovated. some more recently than others.

the classic/contemporary were one of the first and switched to the now standard grey/white palette.

the imperial you see above with the ornate woodwork were some of the last because previously the panels were all done in an incredibly gaudy fake marble paint effect throughout. it was horrid. so they were the last to get an updated treatment while maintaining the significant woodwork while toning down the overall heaviness of the room--hence the green marble in the bathrooms which is also a holdover, as opposed to the grey marble installed in the contemporary room styles.

so everything has been renovated, but it took many years it seems and now the contemporary rooms have started to show their age depending what you get.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:06 pm

How are the upgrades any other marriott in area better regarding that?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:17 pm

Appreciate your detailed post! Will look into spending the night here on my next trip to Milan
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
An "okay" an experience here with a single night stay here last week.

I booked a Skyline View Deluxe Room, a few days prior to arrival I noticed the room was downgraded. The Ambassador line checked for me and said the hotel said the room would still be what I booked and not to worry. The booking then was restored to what I saw as my room originally. Once again 24 hours prior the room was downgraded again and it appeared the hotel was near or is sold out. The ambassador line then reached out and said I should be good as they are saying I am getting the room I booked. Since my arrival was 11:30PM local in Milan I didn't want to get a street level room when all I want to do is get to bed then enjoying the morning/afternoon before departing.

Upon arrival the room was upgraded to a Junior Suite which in-itself was an amazing room but unfortunately the bed was completely undone down to the mattress itself and someone had to come up to make it. Items from the previous guests were also left around and were cleaned up as the person making the bed discovered them and asked if they were ours.

Down the line we discovered we did not have a steamer or iron and hairdryer in the room and they showed up to show us in a hidden closet but they couldn't find them either and brought us a steamer and hair dryer without issue. It just seemed like there was a mis-step or someone got distracted when servicing this room.

They did in-fact leave cookies/note/water and a note due to my Ambassador status and assisted me with getting a taxi to go to the shopping/fashion district area in the morning. I don't want/nor asked for compensation as it just seemed like one domino fell and knocked over others, but at $500 euros a night it's a lot of leg work.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
I am late posting this, but we had a nice 3-day stay at the Westin Milan last September. We had just a basic room (booked using my husband’s points, no status), but it was nice, and large enough to easily accommodate two large suitcases and a carry-on and still not feel too cramped. We particularly enjoyed dinner outside at their PanEvo restaurant. The restaurant had an outdoor terrace several stories above ground, was set back a good distance from the street, and with plenty of greenery and subdued lighting, was a very peaceful and appealing setting. The weather was too hot to walk to the Duomo area, but there was no issue getting taxis, and we always found taxis waiting at a taxi stand at the base of the hotel’s driveway,
est-gratuite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.