Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:12 pm

Free award on anniversary 1-5

Mr b1513's free award night was deposited into his account today. It is still a category 1-5. I quickly used it today on a hotel that would be going to a Category 6 tomorrow.

Description: PREMIER VISA ANNIV 1-5 HOTELS
Reward certificate number: XXXXXXXXX
Reward code: 43J
Valid at hotel categories: Categories 1-5
Valid for stays through: Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Certificate deposit date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Reward Terms & Conditions
Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-5. For participating category 1-5 locations, log on to MarriottRewards.com or call 800-321-7396. The E-Certificate must be redeemed within 6 months from date of issue. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
So it appears like there is no plan to upgrade this to a Cat 1-6 until a good chunk of people cancel their cards. I called Chase a couple of weeks back to check whether there were any plans to do so and dropped a hint that I may cancel the card otherwise.

When this card was launched (I've had it since 2007), the highest category was 7. Now its 9.

Originally Posted by b1513
Mr b1513's free award night was deposited into his account today. It is still a category 1-5.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by b1513
I quickly used it today on a hotel that would be going to a Category 6 tomorrow.
Categories go up on May 16. I would not anticipate seeing any increase to a Visa Cat 1-6 certificate until after that date, if it occurs.

BTW, all of you that have Marriott Rewards Premier Visa, you do realize you can make reservations without the certificate and attach it later when you receive it. You don't need points either. I just made a reservation at a Cat 5 hotel for April 14, 2014 and will apply my MR Cat 1-5 or 1-6 cert (whichever one it ends up being) when I receive it next March.

Below is from the email I received from Marriott regarding the changes:
Book now for the best value

• All redemption reservations booked on or before May 15 for stays after May 16 will be honored at the point price booked. If you have not ordered your certificate prior to May 15, call Guest Services to request the lower priced certificate before your stay

• As always, you may book redemption reservations up to 50 weeks in advance of your stay, even before having the required points in your account. For example, on May 1, 2013, you may book your redemption stay as far out as April 16, 2014
Except the date they provide in the last bullet is wrong. On May 1 you can actually book your redemption stay as far out as the night of Saturday April 19, 2014

Last edited by aaupgrade; Apr 30, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:33 pm
Suspended

I thought the transition date was May 15, 2013.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I thought the transition date was May 15, 2013.

I've had May 1 in my head for some odd reason. You'd think I would have remembered that considering all the time I spend on FT. I still have some certs hanging out so glad to know I have more time. Thanks NJUPINTHEAIR and aaupgrade.

Bobette
Old May 1, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got my anniversary award cert, still Cat 1-5. Already booked a hotel with it that is going up to Cat 6. Will be my last year with the card unless the cert goes 1-6 as well, since I'm not going to pay the annual fee for a cert that I can only use at a CY or FI.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Anyone have any recent experience with time until credit of 50,000 sign-up points after $1,000 initial spend? Do they really wait 6-8 weeks and, if so, 6-8 weeks from the time you trip the spend or from the next statement closing date?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Anyone have any recent experience with time until credit of 50,000 sign-up points after $1,000 initial spend? Do they really wait 6-8 weeks and, if so, 6-8 weeks from the time you trip the spend or from the next statement closing date?
Normally the points post on the statement once you reach the $1,000 spend. It then transfers to your Marriott Rewards account within a couple of days.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by bobbornstein
Normally the points post on the statement once you reach the $1,000 spend. It then transfers to your Marriott Rewards account within a couple of days.
What I would have thought given how most cards and associated programs work. I did > $1,000 in month that closed two weeks ago (even paid it right away) but bonus points have not showed up yet on Chase Marriott Visa account web site (thus not surprising nothing transferred yet to Marriott).

I'll call this week to see what's up. Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A friend joined Marriott Rewards. Doesn't travel that much, but I suggested she sign up for the megabonus (her offer was the stay 2, get 1) & that she apply for the Marriott Visa. I thought I remembered reading somewhere (not sure which thread) that there might be a 70,000 points sign-up bonus. Anyone have a link?

Cheer.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I do believe there is a link or 2 in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-points-3.html thread.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I do believe there is a link or 2 in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-points-3.html thread.
Thanks - found it & sent it to my friend.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:23 am

50,000 bonus barred if you had card in past?

Marriott sent me an email to sign up again (old card cancelled over a year ago). When you go to the Chase app it says deal is only for first time people and people who had it before are NOT eligible. I do not want a credit hit and then a turn down. Any advice? thanks (I assume this is a common question but my feeble search attempts could not get a definite answer!).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by gregillinois
Marriott sent me an email to sign up again (old card cancelled over a year ago). When you go to the Chase app it says deal is only for first time people and people who had it before are NOT eligible. I do not want a credit hit and then a turn down. Any advice? thanks (I assume this is a common question but my feeble search attempts could not get a definite answer!).
Call them and ask. They will tell you if you can get the promo again. I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall Chase does not allow for a second dip on the same promo no matter how long after the card was cancelled. They differ from Citi.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregillinois
Originally Posted by qazw1
Call them and ask. They will tell you if you can get the promo again. I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall Chase does not allow for a second dip on the same promo no matter how long after the card was cancelled. They differ from Citi.
You need to wait 2 years between the old application and the new one to hopefully get the bonus again. No guarantee but most of the time it works. You will not get the initial free night - Marriott keeps a record of 5 years if you have had one in the previous 5 years you wont get another one. But you would get the 70K again if you have enough time passed between the 2 cards. Recently there is a data point posted in the card thread in the Credit Card forum right on FT. The link is also posted on this thread around June 10th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.