Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA GLD, MR GLD, SPG GLD
Has anyone been successful in converting the Standard Vista Signature to the Premier/Black card and still get all the perks and bonuses, including the yearly cert?

Thanks,
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by cityfishing
As a Gold, just received an offer for 20 nights the first year and 15 nights every anniversary.

https://www.marriott.com/specials/me...splayLink=true
Thanks, the link worked for me, but I think I'll still hold out for that elusive 40K point offer.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I converted and got an extra 5 nights to make up the difference (this was back in June) and also got the golf cert. I actually think the number stays the same so I used my old card for a few months but at the new status.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:09 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
To all the folks who've been PM'ing me - I just sent you a link for the 40K offer. Enjoy !

Last edited by MoreMiles!; Nov 3, 2008 at 8:36 am
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
So a public link to the 40k offer is still not available? I'm exactly 40k points short from the 250k travel package that I want to redeem before the Jan 09 changes.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Cat. 1-5 Cert Valid Outside of US?

I've been digging through here but haven't found the answer.. is the category 1-5 certificate valid worldwide, or domestic only?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jkm024
I've been digging through here but haven't found the answer.. is the category 1-5 certificate valid worldwide, or domestic only?
It is valid worldwide at any Marriott Cat. 1-5 hotel with Standard award availability for the night you want.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 7:13 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pitflyer
So a public link to the 40k offer is still not available? I'm exactly 40k points short from the 250k travel package that I want to redeem before the Jan 09 changes.
You don't get all 40k at once. You get 20k after your first purchase, another 10k from using the card at a Marriott, and the final 10k at anniversary.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Am I the only one thinking of dumping this card come this January when the devaluation of points takes place? The amount of non-Marriott spend needed to get free nights at decent places would be even more out of whack than now? Am I alone in this assessment?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I wouldn't dump it if you are still staying at Marriotts. Its return for Marriott spend isn't bad, but I agree that it probably isn't the best card out there for any other spending.

Plus don't forget that Cat 1-5 free night cert you receive each year.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I wouldn't dump it if you are still staying at Marriotts. Its return for Marriott spend isn't bad, but I agree that it probably isn't the best card out there for any other spending.
I think that the return for non-Marriott spending is pitiful, but I use this for all of my Marriott spend (primarily to buy gift cards) and rack up a lot of points that way. I never use it for anything else, unless I end up at a place which doesn't take AmEx - pretty rare. The cat 1-5 certificate is also more than worth the annual fee, IMO.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I use this Marriott card mainly for Marriott spending, some restaurants, car rentals and tolls (double points for the last three groups). I might go back to making this my primary restaurant card after the Hilton Amex drops its bonus points for restaurant spending on January 1.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Anything better than the regular 20k offer out there?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by heffa
Anything better than the regular 20k offer out there?
I was wondering the same thing. Best I could find was 25,000 for the Signature and Premier cards - 20k after first purchase, and 5k on the anniversary.

Signature 25k point offer

Premier 25k point offer
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold; Hyatt: Diamond
Can you have the premier and signature card and get 25 qualifying elite nights per year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.