Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
I have stayed there definitley not the st-regis but also not horrible typical older 4-points that has been remodled. Price point can be attractive. Area does llok kinds of seedy but no issues for me
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:50 pm

Thumbs down 4 Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest

I stayed a weekend (10/29) at the hotel. Next morning as I walked into the restaurant for breakfast, I was told it was good for a pastry or a juice for the breatfast, with my Plat breakfast coupon (the breakfast buffet is $8).

It was really bad feeling, it sounded like I was begging for food. I decided to pay for the breakfast buffet.

I have been SPG plat for a few years now. I think this is the worst hotel for plat member. I did not get recognition or comments at all as I checked in.

I think SPG hotels are doing worse to plat members these days.

I experienced similar things as I checked in SPG hotels, regardless 4 points, Sheraton or Westin. And I never got any recognition, or good comments as I checked in.

I am also Marriott gold and Hilton gold, I always got upgrades, and good breakfast, and thank-you comments as I checked in. I don't know about SPG hotels.

Do you guys have similar experience?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: Starwood Plat, HHonors Diamond
This place (because of its low rates) is strictly a "promotional" place for me. I check in, go up to the room, take the bottled water, walk out, and sleep in my own bed, 15 minutes away.

I wouldn't stay here. The carpets look awful. Its usually dirty in the hallways. The low rates ($59 a night) make it attractive to get the double stays/nights, points, free tickets to the circus , or whatever Starwood is doing at the time.

It's perfect if you live in Houston and want to make a mattress run. Just don't stay there.

p.s. I hate to admit, but Dallas wins over Houston when it comes to Starwood property choices.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by domerun
This place (because of its low rates) is strictly a "promotional" place for me. I check in, go up to the room, take the bottled water, walk out, and sleep in my own bed, 15 minutes away.

I wouldn't stay here. The carpets look awful. Its usually dirty in the hallways. The low rates ($59 a night) make it attractive to get the double stays/nights, points, free tickets to the circus , or whatever Starwood is doing at the time.

It's perfect if you live in Houston and want to make a mattress run. Just don't stay there.

p.s. I hate to admit, but Dallas wins over Houston when it comes to Starwood property choices.
You are right. Yes, it is just for mattress run, not for staying.

I stayed at Sheraton IAH early this year, similar thing.

I probably stay in Hilton or Marriott, next time to Houston.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:28 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
You are right. Yes, it is just for mattress run, not for staying.

I stayed at Sheraton IAH early this year, similar thing.

I probably stay in Hilton or Marriott, next time to Houston.
This property isn't that bad. Took the points amenity..obviously. It's definitely a business hotel. I love pools, but this one hurtin'. Hallways are old, but the room is decent. Half hardwood floor, half clean carpet. Great bed. At one point, my room had no towels after cleaning, the maid came by immediately saying all the towels were being washed. She brought one, then an hour later, brought the remaining two. *shrug*

You need a car, just like with everything else in Houston. Lots of dining options within 5 min drive, such as Goode Company and Luling. Great pizza delivery place down the street, the front desk even loaned the delivery guy an elevator key so he could come to my door ^^. One of the best grocery stores I have ever shopped at was a few blocks south. Plenty of free parking. Ask for a NORTH facing room that faces the dog walking park and parking lot. I am yet to stay along the freeway. Unless you live in a gated suburb, you will likely see this area as safe. Which it is.

Flat screen TV with good resolution, good working space. This was a great value, definitely worth pocketing the difference between the per diem and what I paid. I'd rather get the Sheraton Galleria, but again, I'd rather pocket the per diem. I'm cheap like that.

Definitely a "roof over my head to rest my head" typea place, just like most 4points.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Sheraton Southwest: Basic hotel, great rate, good location

I have stayed in other Four Points- this was certainly not up to par with the others I have stayed at. However, there was a major price difference between Houston Southwest and other, much nicer Four Points.

Stayed Mid-march and the beds were quite comfortable, the workspace was good, and the frig in the room was big enough for a week's stay worth of stuff and take-away. BBQ leftover from Goode's and snacks from Central Market.

Bathroom was small and needed some touch up painting and you certainly want to be facing away from the freeway. There is a dog park and a small garden area behind the hotel you can walk through.

Was here for business and rate was under per diem, so that is a big plus. Had the basic amenities, but no frills.

Did not eat there, so have so idea what the food is like. However, the bartender did let me borrow a corkscrew for some wine I bought at Central Market.

Parking is free and they shuttled me free of charge to downtown Houston for meetings, which is great since parking was not as easy to find and certainly not free downtown.

Of course, you may have a different experience...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I had a super short stay here a few days ago on my way through town on a roadtrip. I wasn't thrilled about staying here, but it was significantly cheaper than any other SPG hotels in the area and it was a short stay so I took a chance and went in with low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing special, but nicer than most FP hotels where I've stayed. The building looked fresh and clean inside and out, the room was spacious, and the staff friendly. While no FP would be my first choice, this one certainly does the trick if you need a place to crash in the area.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
I think my experience is the same as with many Houston based folks. I primarily "stay" at this property when I need to get some cheap extra stays to maintain my SPG platinum status.

I typically check-in grab the free water, and walk out. Though sometimes I'll take a shower if I'm coming from the gym!

While, I'd never actually stay there as I live about 5 minutes away, it's not *that* bad a place. Definitely a decent spot for crashing for the evening while you're passing through Houston. Nothing awful here, but nothing special either.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG GOLD, Priority Club PLAT, HHONORS GOLD, HYATT PLAT
Good Weekend Deal

I would recommend this property to individuals who are on a budget or are looking to save some cash. It is close to Rice Village and quite a few good restaurants on Richmond and Westheimer.

For most of you who stay at SPG properties often you know that Four Points is not a Top Tier SPG Brand. This property is privately owned and does not have suites. I have stayed here a few times now and as long as the AC is working then it is not a bad stay.

Our first stay was a bit rough because the air wouldn't cool the room down, but we survived. I am not a huge complainer so I let it slide. The bathrooms are fairly outdated and cramped.

Internet is free which is a plus, but can sometimes be VERY SLOW. These front desk attendants are quite helpful and actually have a since of humor.

Like I said earlier, this hotel is a great if you are on a budget. Weekends can go for as low as $60.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
I can't really recommend this place, but the staff is friendly, at least, and tries to help. Parking is free, as is wifi, but the latter is horribly slow and keeps signing me out.

Staying one night, as a platinum I was hoping they'd save a room at the back of the hotel for us. No dice, checking in at 7pm on a weekday those were 'all full.' We wanted a quiet room in which to sleep. As mentioned previously the hotel is an odd Y shape with lots of rooms facing the busy freeway.

We were blocked in a room facing the freeway. They offered us another room to see if that was better, 9th floor, not on the freeway side, but with a nonstop high pitched whine. Turned out it was under the air conditioning units on the roof... agent said that was typically the last room she sold, but wanted to give us a shot at it. There was nothing else available and we were given the room that had originally been blocked for us...which we were in for two minutes before we gave up--just too loud.

We were ready to check out...different agent then found us a room with two double beds (we'd booked a king) which was slightly quieter than the others. I have a hunch that one hadn't been used for awhile...gum stain on the floor, crack in the ceiling over the shower and the water out of the tap ran yellow/brown before it ran clear...but quieter.

After two hours in that room, we determined the heat didn't work. A maintenance man was quickly dispatched and--to his credit--fixed the problem.

Staff was friendly, but doesn't have much to work with. If you're not noise sensitive, this is in a good location, and you could keep the ac running all night.

For me, though, there are better, and cheaper, options in houston..
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:30 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Nothing special, but nicer than most FP hotels where I've stayed.
Originally Posted by TravelTexan
Stayed Mid-march and the beds were quite comfortable, the workspace was good, and the frig in the room was big enough for a week's stay worth of stuff and take-away.
Originally Posted by cur
This property isn't that bad.
agree fully.

This is my goto in Houston, just had a stay last weekend. Room carpets are not dirty IMO, bed/linens more than comfortable, I am usually sensitive to highway noise but with AC unit on(not loud IMO) I sleep fine, plus free parking.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I just finished my third stay here since mid-December and would describe this hotel as perfectly adequate. It's certainly the best-priced Starwood in Houston (my most recent stay was on a Z3H rate with the paid nights at $89) and the one closest to the Medical Center. Staff are generally friendly and helpful, and a manager was frequently working at the front desk. Parking is free.

My only caveats have likely been covered above. I found the HVAC loud, not disturb-my-sleep loud, but certainly crank-up-the-TV loud. Noise-sensitive people will likely find that and the freeway noise in the front-facing rooms to be bothersome. The wireless was also up and down for me on every stay, not able to connect or breaking the connection regularly. It wasn't a huge issue for my stays, but were I expecting to be online a lot, it might deter me from staying there.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, CO OnePass, HHonors, SPG
Just fix the wifi!!

I agree with all the comments above. The hotel is adequate and the staff are friendly. My only complaint is that the wifi is unreliable. Not only is it slow but it drops quite frequently. In some of the rooms near the elevator, I could not even get a signal. If they could fix the wifi I would stay at this hotel more often.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I just finished another three-day stay here and can report that the Internet was MUCH improved. I was able to connect and the connection was not dropped. Speed was sufficient for my work-related needs but struggled with video streaming, so not the best but at least now OK. The manager said access was their most frequent complaint.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
UPDATE January 2014.

Stayed here for a quick trip to HOU. Was going to stay over at the Galleria but all hotels there were $150 more per night. I have to say that after reading the reviews I had low expectations. However I was pleasantly surprised.

- check-in was good. Plat recognition and they handed me a nice cool bottle of water.

- Room was actually pretty nice. Bathroom, bed, TV, carpet was all fine. Bed was comfy. Did not use HVAC so can't comment.

- was near the highway and it was a little bit noisy. Did not affect my sleep at all. However, you could hear the highway.

- FD gave me a breakfast coup for 2. Walked down in the AM and was pleasantly surprised that they had a full buffet with omelette bar. Breakfast was very good.

- area was fine. Easy in-and-out. Free parking.

Bottom line is that this hotel was fine for me. I would stay there again. The price was right for sure. Location was decent. Service was very good.

Im not a huge of 4P but I rank this above 4P Revere, Meriden, and the ex-Norwalk location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.