FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza, TX [Master Thread]
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:58 pm
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
I can't really recommend this place, but the staff is friendly, at least, and tries to help. Parking is free, as is wifi, but the latter is horribly slow and keeps signing me out.

Staying one night, as a platinum I was hoping they'd save a room at the back of the hotel for us. No dice, checking in at 7pm on a weekday those were 'all full.' We wanted a quiet room in which to sleep. As mentioned previously the hotel is an odd Y shape with lots of rooms facing the busy freeway.

We were blocked in a room facing the freeway. They offered us another room to see if that was better, 9th floor, not on the freeway side, but with a nonstop high pitched whine. Turned out it was under the air conditioning units on the roof... agent said that was typically the last room she sold, but wanted to give us a shot at it. There was nothing else available and we were given the room that had originally been blocked for us...which we were in for two minutes before we gave up--just too loud.

We were ready to check out...different agent then found us a room with two double beds (we'd booked a king) which was slightly quieter than the others. I have a hunch that one hadn't been used for awhile...gum stain on the floor, crack in the ceiling over the shower and the water out of the tap ran yellow/brown before it ran clear...but quieter.

After two hours in that room, we determined the heat didn't work. A maintenance man was quickly dispatched and--to his credit--fixed the problem.

Staff was friendly, but doesn't have much to work with. If you're not noise sensitive, this is in a good location, and you could keep the ac running all night.

For me, though, there are better, and cheaper, options in houston..