Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Excited to stay here for the first time next week. Chose the hotel specifically due to Phil's amazing participation here. Deserves to be rewarded indeed!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
I have 4 nights booked at this property over the next couple of weeks. Very happy to see a GM who really wants to make every guest experience a great one.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Hi Phil - I started to read through this thread in anticipation of my upcoming stays, and I was wondering if West Tower is still preferred, since it seems that your East Tower rooms should be mostly renovated by now... looking forward to visiting your hotel and beererie!

Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
I hope you don't mind if I jump in on this question. Basically Deluxe rooms are in either the West (198 rms) or Center Tower (150 rms) and have the new soft goods and casegood package. The East Tower (228 rms) rooms are Standard. The renovation of the East Tower is scheduled to start in the next 30-60 days and will include corridors, soft goods, case goods, and some minor bathroom work.

West Tower are our preferred rooms for SPG guests, Corporate guests, and VIPs. These rooms have a 4-pipe HVAC system and the upper floors have some extra amenities and the new white bedding package (note that we have about $300k worth of linen coming and we will expand white bedding through the West Tower and beyond.

Center Tower rooms are large however there are a few disadvantages - the HVAC system works on an area basis with either heat or cooling for all rooms. The only control you have in the room is the fan setting. This is normally fine but can be problematic in the winter with warm days and cold nights. The other drawback is that the Center Tower is enclosed exterior corridors so there is no outside window.

East Tower has some great advantages when renovated and the suites will be great for Starwood elites. The rooms have double-pained glass and are a favorite for pilots and day sleepers (bands and crews). The HVAC is PTAC (through the wall units) that are pretty new and quiet. By summer we should have the vast majority of these rooms complete so they will be our new "newest" rooms.

If I were booking my hotel at this moment I would ask for a West Tower room or a high room in the Center Tower facing the pool.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Phil
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Emails were sent out to some people who have stayed at this hotel before saying that 24-hour check-in stays are possible for those who book rates at or above $119 or something like that. That's a nice option to have for non-Plat+.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Emails were sent out to some people who have stayed at this hotel before saying that 24-hour check-in stays are possible for those who book rates at or above $119 or something like that. That's a nice option to have for non-Plat+.
It was always advertised on their website.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:00 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by maize&blue
Hi Phil - I started to read through this thread in anticipation of my upcoming stays, and I was wondering if West Tower is still preferred, since it seems that your East Tower rooms should be mostly renovated by now... looking forward to visiting your hotel and beererie!
Our Starwood Preferred Guest floors are in the West Tower. The rooms are slightly larger with higher ceilings. I would still say that these rooms are our best.

However as you know nothing is black & white. The upper floors of the East are also nice. The pros for the East are a double paned window system, and if you like the room very cold, the through the wall a/c units really can cool the room down. Both of these pros for the East are why it is preferred by pilots.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to your stay.

One favor, would you mind PMing me your name and confirmation number so I can make sure all goes well.

Best

Phil
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Hi Phil,

Thanks again for another great stay, I appreciate the arrival gift in the room and it was completely unexpected. I'll definitely stop and introduce myself next time - you have a top notch operation
Old Sep 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
Phil -- Which rooms in which areas of the hotel offer the best view of planes and/or the airport? I'm going to give Mom a break and bring three kids with me to LA for a long weekend in early November. My son (OK, me, too) would love to watch the planes while we're in the room.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Trooper508
Phil -- Which rooms in which areas of the hotel offer the best view of planes and/or the airport? I'm going to give Mom a break and bring three kids with me to LA for a long weekend in early November. My son (OK, me, too) would love to watch the planes while we're in the room.
Our view of the airport is just ok. The best rooms are in our West Tower on floors 5 through 7. Ask for a room that ends in 11, 13 or 15. If you PM me your confirmations I will follow-up and get the request in the system. Best!!! Phil
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: BA, Gold Hilton, Gold SPG
Rate increase for Oct 23rd

I want to stay on the 23rd for lay over flight. I checked the rate last week and it was around $85. I m trying to book 4 rooms and the rate has gone up to 135. Did I miss big promotion any recommendations would be nice.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I was under the impression that Phil was generous enough to provide complimentary breakfast to Plat guests in addition to the welcome amenity. I also was not told about any breakfast when I checked in.

Also, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed when I didn't receive the cookie/fruit/cheese plate. I shouldn't have expected it but how could I not...I miss those cookies! Bummer.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I was under the impression that Phil was generous enough to provide complimentary breakfast to Plat guests in addition to the welcome amenity. I also was not told about any breakfast when I checked in.

Also, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed when I didn't receive the cookie/fruit/cheese plate. I shouldn't have expected it but how could I not...I miss those cookies! Bummer.
I'm also bummed you didn't get the cookies. PM me and let me know when you were here so I can follow-up. Soon we're going to start handing them over the desk at check-in. We're just finalizing the packaging now. Sometimes when we unblocked and reblocked rooms late in the game the cookies were missed. Figured this was a sure fire way to make sure everyone gets them.

Regarding the breakfast, we tried adding it for awhile, but I found that Starwood likes to keep the "extras" standard from hotel to hotel.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by mastersale
I want to stay on the 23rd for lay over flight. I checked the rate last week and it was around $85. I m trying to book 4 rooms and the rate has gone up to 135. Did I miss big promotion any recommendations would be nice.
That was a Starpicks Special that we use to build base. As you know it is always a limited time offer. The $135 rate is good for the 23rd. I'm looking at the competitive rates and the Sheraton is $179 and the Westin is $179-$199. Our rate is going to go up. If you can't find the $135 anymore, please PM me and I'll honor the rate. Best!!! Phil

BTW We were just named one of the World's Best Airport Hotels by Executive Travel Magazine http://www.executivetravelmagazine.c...airport-hotels
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
I'm also bummed you didn't get the cookies. PM me and let me know when you were here so I can follow-up. Soon we're going to start handing them over the desk at check-in. We're just finalizing the packaging now. Sometimes when we unblocked and reblocked rooms late in the game the cookies were missed. Figured this was a sure fire way to make sure everyone gets them.

Regarding the breakfast, we tried adding it for awhile, but I found that Starwood likes to keep the "extras" standard from hotel to hotel.
Totally nitpicking here but I personally can't stand when unpackaged food/cookies etc are given to me at the front desk. My hands are usually full and it's difficult to juggle something additional. If I can't stick it in a pocket of my bag, I don't want it.

Having said that, it's very much appreciated by the community that you take the extra time to come here and the additional amenities at your property provide a nice touch. It speaks volumes about how you run your business.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by BigBopper
Totally nitpicking here but I personally can't stand when unpackaged food/cookies etc are given to me at the front desk. My hands are usually full and it's difficult to juggle something additional. If I can't stick it in a pocket of my bag, I don't want it.

Having said that, it's very much appreciated by the community that you take the extra time to come here and the additional amenities at your property provide a nice touch. It speaks volumes about how you run your business.
Great point on the cookies and one of my worries. I'm creating packaging that is like the Starbucks breakfast sandwich packaging, so it is folded over and sealed with a sticker. Should be no problem sticking it in a pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.