Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Old Jan 13, 05, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

FYI, the Four Points LAX hotel is currently upgrading their Executive/Starwood Preferred Guest Floor's guestrooms (West Tower, Floors 6 & 7).

They just reopened these 2 floors with new carpeting, drapes and easychairs. The Suites also have new sofabeds. Nice improvements, but you may want to avoid them for awhile if that new carpet/furniture smell bugs you at all (I love it...makes me high ).

However, the promised new Four Comfort Beds are still nowhere to be seen yet, but I'm told they'll be here sometime soon.

The entire swimming pool and pool deck has just reopened as well, with new surfacing, tile and paint about the area. And as I mentioned in another thread, property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi (guestrooms and most public spaces) has been completed as well.
Old Jan 19, 05, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
I stayed at the Four Points LAX last weekend and didn't notice a "new" furniture smell. I was on the 7th floor, room 702 facing downtown LA. Since December i've stayed there three times and long for the Four Comfort bed!!
Old Feb 16, 05, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Since December i've stayed there three times and long for the Four Comfort bed!!
Well long no more! The new Four Comfort Bed has arrived at the Four Points LAX! Well, in Suite 530 at least. Take a look:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/4pointLAX530bed.jpg

Brand new boxspring, skirt, mattress, spread, pillows, the works. Very comfy!
Old Feb 16, 05, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
now we are getting somewhere

Originally Posted by PremEx
FYI, the Four Points LAX hotel is currently upgrading their Executive/Starwood Preferred Guest Floor's guestrooms (West Tower, Floors 6 & 7).

property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi (guestrooms and most public spaces) has been completed as well.

Finally.. this is what I've been waiting for.. I can live with the old beds.. I wanted free wireless
Old Feb 17, 05, 2:35 am

If you zoom in on the headboard in the picture, I think somebody carved in the words "Premex was here".

-David
Old May 13, 05, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Back at the Four Points LAX and happy to report that improvements are continuing. The exteriors and interiors of the Main Elevators have been completely redone and are now very nice looking. Still the same old slooooow hydraulic lifts underneath...but they sure look sharp as you're crawlin' from floor to floor!

In addition to the refurbs mentioned in my Posts #1 & 3 here...new wallcoverings have been applied. Very nice. I see workers working on rooms in every tower...even that motel-ish outdoor-access middle cross-over wing.

Cheese & Fruit tray has just arrived in my pre-arrival upgraded Suite, along with the usual "Welcome Back" letter. This hotel continues to impress me. It's no St. Regis...but they sure take good care of their regular customers (and Platinums), in my experience.
Old May 13, 05, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
any new beers in the bar?

any new beers to test???

I need to think about getting back into the SPG swing after May is over when all my other promos start winding down.. 4PTS here I come

Originally Posted by PremEx
Back at the Four Points LAX and happy to report that improvements are continuing. The exteriors and interiors of the Main Elevators have been completely redone and are now very nice looking. Still the same old slooooow hydraulic lifts underneath...but they sure look sharp as you're crawlin' from floor to floor!

In addition to the refurbs mentioned in my Posts #1 & 3 here...new wallcoverings have been applied. Very nice. I see workers working on rooms in every tower...even that motel-ish outdoor-access middle cross-over wing.

Cheese & Fruit tray has just arrived in my pre-arrival upgraded Suite, along with the usual "Welcome Back" letter. This hotel continues to impress me. It's no St. Regis...but they sure take good care of their regular customers (and Platinums), in my experience.
Old May 14, 05, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG RA, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=PremEx] Still the same old slooooow hydraulic lifts underneath...but they sure look sharp as you're crawlin' from floor to floor!

Cheese & Fruit tray has just arrived in my pre-arrival upgraded Suite, along with the usual "Welcome Back" letter. QUOTE]

The slow elevator issues should be address in the future. It can get crazy during peak check-out time with everyone trying to get to the first floor.

I prefer the cookies myself, but seem to get cheese, fruit and crackers most of the time.
Old May 14, 05, 2:51 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Great news I may have to give them another try again.
Haven't been back since 2001 going instead to the Westin and the Sheraton
Options are always good.Exciting to see the 4 Points getting a new coat of paint
Thanks for the updates all

Platinum Levels
American Airlines
Starwood Preferred Guest
InterContinental Ambassador
Diamond Level Hyatt
Gold Level Hilton Honors

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 14, 05 at 2:54 pm
Old May 14, 05, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Motion122
I prefer the cookies myself, but seem to get cheese, fruit and crackers most of the time.
I've always gotten the cookies.
Old Sep 8, 05, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
I just stayed at this hotel and thought the staff was friendly, even though it is an old hotel I don't mind staying there. Even though I am still only Gold (2 nights to PLT) I got the letter and the fruit and cookies.

I also like the free internet, this time it was a cable in place of the wireless.
Old Sep 9, 05, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I also like the free internet, this time it was a cable in place of the wireless.
Next time fire up your wireless if you'd like. The entire hotel is covered by free Wi-Fi. It's just that the rooms in the West Tower also have Ethernet cable hi-speed in them. You might have seen that and not realized there was Wi-Fi too.

The slow elevator issues should be address in the future.
They did indeed. They've fixed the slow doors and the several second "stall" before the lifts start moving. It's a great improvement for the West Tower elevators. But once they're moving...it's still the old slow hydraulic lift speed as before. They probably can't improve that too much. But just the fact that they fixed the speed of the doors and the stall time...really is a welcomed improvement.

They recently switched from one hotel management computer system to another here. I was here the day they did it. What a disaster. I could tell 'ya stories! Back over a week later and the Front Desk folks are still cussing at the new system. And it doesn't seem to be talking to Starwood very well either. Better plan on some patience and understanding if you're going to be staying here in the near future...until they get all the bugs ironed out.

On the subject of this constantly improving property...the Palm Grill Restaurant may look the same, but they've made some nice improvements in the kitchen. My last several meals here have been really great with nice new presentations to boot.
Old Sep 9, 05, 2:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG RA, Marriott Gold
The jr. suite on the west wing of the 7th floor has very poor wireless connection. The night I was there the wired internet didn't work either, so they moved me to a 4th floor jr suite. Wireless works fine there.
Old Sep 9, 05, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The jr. suite on the west wing of the 7th floor has very poor wireless connection. The night I was there the wired internet didn't work either, so they moved me to a 4th floor jr suite. Wireless works fine there.
Bet that Suite where the wired internet didn't work was #717 right? I've had guys in that room twice now to try to fix the wiring in the wall. Guess they've never managed to do so. When I'm assigned that room number now (which I am about 50% of the time here) I just ask to be moved.

The other Suite on the 7th...#730...the wired ethernet works fine.

And yes...wireless at the 2 suites on both far ends of the 7th & 6th floors tends to be weak "Low" signals...but they usually still work for me.
Old Oct 13, 05, 11:14 pm
Suspended

4P vs Gateway

How does the 4P LAX compare with the Sheraton Gateway ?

I am tempted to save 4,000 *points by changing my Award reservation at the Sheraton Gateway to a Paid stay at the 4P (rates are so low).

I am Platinum but wont be looking at a suite upgrade since we need 2 beds. What is important to me is a comfortable bed after an 18hr flight and a good (comp) breakfast the next morning

Search this Thread