Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood Vienna: which one? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Vienna: which one? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by myperks
Seeking feedback on planning a trip to Vienna.
Between the following three rates, which option is the best for platinum members:

#1 - Hotel Bristol Vienna - $110 cash + 6k points /night
#2 - Le Meridien Vienna - $75 cash + 5k points / night
#3 -Le Meridien Vienna - hotwire price of $115 / night (cannot BRG)

Seems like both hotels are fairly close to each other.
i had a decent stay at the le méridien a few months ago & i would definitely recommend it....i had a few teething issues but overall the location was good & i liked the property....

option number 3 would not get you any plat benefits so i would go for option number 2....
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i had a decent stay at the le méridien a few months ago & i would definitely recommend it....i had a few teething issues but overall the location was good & i liked the property....

option number 3 would not get you any plat benefits so i would go for option number 2....
thanks. i was thinking the same since hotwire will get me no benefits. i guess the next question: is 1k points + $35/night worth the upgrade to the Bristol? seems like a maybe since the cash price difference between LeM and the Bristol is 110Euros.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:26 pm

Bristol has the much better breakfast, and they do give nice upgrades (but you need to like the style of the rooms). No spa, but small gym with great opera views. Location wise almost same-same.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Bristol IMO was the best redemption value and service. They upgrade a lot due to the # of suites to room ratio. Service has always been A+ around the clock.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:21 pm

thanks everyone for your feedback. i have booked the Bristol with C&P for now. now onto planning for Prague.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:25 pm

do any of these properties have a Lounge? I am comparing the Le Méridien, Marriott, Ritz, Bristol as options. The price range about 160 (Le Méridien/Marriott)-to 250 (Ritz & Bristol).
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
do any of these properties have a Lounge? I am comparing the Le Méridien, Marriott, Ritz, Bristol as options. The price range about 160 (Le Méridien/Marriott)-to 250 (Ritz & Bristol).
Websites should provide the information re: whether the properties have lounges Marriott does. Ritz you'd need to pay for club access.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:58 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Bristol IMO was the best redemption value and service. They upgrade a lot due to the # of suites to room ratio. Service has always been A+ around the clock.
OK, so I'm convinced and booked this for 2 nts C+P rather than use a BOGO at the Intercontinental-60 euro for breakfast unless I can get Club access with is not assured as I'm just AMB. Any need to use SNA's at the Bristol and if so, which: Opera Suite (75sq.m+) or Jr. Suite (45sqm top floor?)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Websites should provide the information re: whether the properties have lounges Marriott does. Ritz you'd need to pay for club access.

Cheers.
Not familiar with Where on the website is it the same for each property? I did look so probably there isn't one for the Bristol or it isn't obvious.

Maybe you need to start a Thread like you maintain on the Marriott Board.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
LeMeridien does NOT have a lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Maybe you need to start a Thread like you maintain on the Marriott Board.
I believe someone in the SPG forum did create an exec lounge thread. Format is a bit different than the one I maintain in the Marriott forum & it's not a sticky, but perhaps search would bring it up for you.

On a dif note, I went to school in Vienna, have been back many times, & created a things to do/places to eat/transpo, etc word doc. If you're interested, PM me w/ your email address & I'll send it to you. (That offer is for other FTers as well).

Marriott has a lounge (free to G/Ps); Ritz you'd need to pay for club access. AFAIK, neither LeM nor Bristol have one. So if you want a lounge & to save $, the Marriott is probably the best option. If lounge isn't as important & you're willing to spend the $$, the Bristol & RC would be good. I'd probably give a slight tip to the Bristol due to location.

Cheers.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Thank You Sharon As Always. PM Sent.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and some ritz lounges are worth paying for, can be great award value after conversion

cant recall if there are spg design hotels in vienna
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

cant recall if there are spg design hotels in vienna
Yes, reviewed upthread.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're considering the RC and especially don't plan to pay for lounge access, think instead about the Imperial (LC). It's very Viennese and a lot of fun if you like the iconic historical palace properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.