Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any recent updates on Platinum breakfast offerings? Will be there first week of May.

Also, does the parking garage have EV charging ports?
There are some interesting articles being published across various outlets that the cuts we saw/seen due to the Covid outbreak we will continue to see going forward to one degree or another such as daily housekeeping, F@B offerings. One casualty will be breakfast etc for status holders. I predict we will see more discount/continental breakfast offerings. One article I read stated that the majors have reduced their break-even occupancy by on average 10% thats a big number. Where is it coming from reduced labor costs and food/beverage operations.

Bottom line get use to it. Now for your PLT breakfast maybe a muffin and a cup of coffee seriously. As a LFT Titanium I frankly am not expecting anymore within CONUS internationally thats a different story
Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
There are some interesting articles being published across various outlets that the cuts we saw/seen due to the Covid outbreak we will continue to see going forward to one degree or another such as daily housekeeping, F@B offerings. One casualty will be breakfast etc for status holders. I predict we will see more discount/continental breakfast offerings. One article I read stated that the majors have reduced their break-even occupancy by on average 10% thats a big number. Where is it coming from reduced labor costs and food/beverage operations.

Bottom line get use to it. Now for your PLT breakfast maybe a muffin and a cup of coffee seriously. As a LFT Titanium I frankly am not expecting anymore within CONUS internationally thats a different story
this doesn’t really answer my question about the current Platinum breakfast at the Sheraton Waikiki specifically
Old Apr 4, 2021, 7:26 pm

this doesn’t really answer my question about the current Platinum breakfast at the Sheraton Waikiki specifically
That I do not know MG might be more helpful I will be there over Memorial Day week hoping there is a hot breakfast other wise Duke's it is
Old Apr 4, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: Yes
The hotel seems back to normal given occupancy. I just walked through it this week.

Have you tried calling the hotel directly?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
That I do not know MG might be more helpful I will be there over Memorial Day week hoping there is a hot breakfast other wise Duke's it is
I haven’t been there since Mar 2020. However I posted this back in Feb which came from a FB group.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33041901-post1115.html
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by anteater
The hotel seems back to normal given occupancy. I just walked through it this week.

Have you tried calling the hotel directly?
I will probably end up calling them but I trust the actual experience of FT members vs what I am told over the phone
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
The hotel seems back to normal given occupancy.
Likely not even close. March visitor arrivals averaged roughly 15,000 a day. Peaked at 22,000 a day. Pre-Covid averaged 32,000+ a day. Hawaii tourism board expects a huge drop off after this week until Memorial Day weekend.

People just aren't used to crowds - it looks busier than it really is.
bocastephen and anteater like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:54 am

Any recent updates on Platinum breakfast offerings? Will be there first week of May.

Also, does the parking garage have EV charging ports?
This is what we experienced in Feb, hoping it is the same still. Will be back in a few days and let you know if things have changed:

Breakfast is now served at Rum fire and you have a choice of continental, eggs/sausage, French toast, or omelette. Portion sizes are huuuge.

See post 1125 for more details.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Likely not even close. March visitor arrivals averaged roughly 15,000 a day. Peaked at 22,000 a day. Pre-Covid averaged 32,000+ a day. Hawaii tourism board expects a huge drop off after this week until Memorial Day weekend.

People just aren't used to crowds - it looks busier than it really is.
My statement was about hotel operations, not the general tourism to State of Hawaii. 🤙🏻
Old Apr 5, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by DaM3nace
This is what we experienced in Feb, hoping it is the same still. Will be back in a few days and let you know if things have changed:

Breakfast is now served at Rum fire and you have a choice of continental, eggs/sausage, French toast, or omelette. Portion sizes are huuuge.

See post 1125 for more details.
Thank you, looking forward to your review! We booked an oceanfront room with what I expect will be a combo oceanfront/Diamond Head view. The website seemed to indicate a light continental breakfast at Kai Market, but if it's a hot breakfast at Rumfire, which I assume is complimentary for Platinum guests, and the portions are substantial, that is probably as good as we need especially since there will be at least morning where I walk to Leonard's for a coconut cream stuffed and guava jelly filled malasadas. We are still waffling about renting the Leaf but found out the Sheraton garage has at least a few EV charging spots.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:22 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Vote with your Wallet

So far every Bonvoy property I have been at has offered breakfast and daily housekeeping upon request in the US. That being said, I make sure they do before booking and if not, book somewhere else. I get when spending 50% of normal rates, but most places I am staying are pre-pandemic rates.
Tanic and anteater like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by dshafiee
So far every Bonvoy property I have been at has offered breakfast and daily housekeeping upon request in the US. That being said, I make sure they do before booking and if not, book somewhere else. I get when spending 50% of normal rates, but most places I am staying are pre-pandemic rates.
But the subject is Hawaii !!!!!!!
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:21 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Indeed

But the subject is Hawaii !!!!!!!
My wife and I were planning to go to Hawaii this summer, but after all the bad reviews for both Hilton and Marriott we are now going elsewhere. Why spend so much and get horrible service.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:39 pm

Well, a quick call to the hotel confirmed the information I received by walking to the Front Desk today. Note, there is currently no elite check-in queue, so be prepared to wait. It took about 20 minutes at 1500 (local time) to be assisted by the FD.

For breakfast.. TIT/AMB elite or those booked into a specialty suite or a club room are allotted a full breakfast. Platinums are allotted a continental breakfast. Kai Market has reopened and as such the Rum Fire is no longer open for breakfast. All breakfast is handled at Kai Market. Because the club lounge is still closed, those eligible are allocated coupons for 2 drinks and 1 appetizer per person + room + night.

Aloha 🤙🏻
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:36 pm

Well, a quick call to the hotel confirmed the information I received by walking to the Front Desk today. Note, there is currently no elite check-in queue, so be prepared to wait. It took about 20 minutes at 1500 (local time) to be assisted by the FD.

For breakfast.. TIT/AMB elite or those booked into a specialty suite or a club room are allotted a full breakfast. Platinums are allotted a continental breakfast. Kai Market has reopened and as such the Rum Fire is no longer open for breakfast. All breakfast is handled at Kai Market. Because the club lounge is still closed, those eligible are allocated coupons for 2 drinks and 1 appetizer per person + room + night.

Aloha 🤙🏻
Is there a Platinum buy-up option for full breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.