Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 3:48 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Ankebello
$350 is too much .... so thank you for the rate info.
350$ seems to be peak season rate only.. rates start at 150$ in low season... in January rates goes "down" to 265$ on 15th..
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:08 pm

They have some pictures now on the site.. but it's still not listed if you just look for marriott properties in Thailand.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Koh Samui is totally overrated. It has completely been over run by tourist.

Try Krabi or Koh Phi Phi if you want something less commercial.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tfong007

I didn't think to highly of Krabi - it seemed like a begining point for tours or daytrips - but there wasn't anything too special about the town itself.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 4:00 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tfong007

Koh Phi Phi is where they shot the movie "The Beach" correct?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rebadc
Koh Phi Phi is where they shot the movie "The Beach" correct?
I think the populated island on The Beach was Koh Phangnan - not sure where they shot the remote island.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I didn't think to highly of Krabi - it seemed like a begining point for tours or daytrips - but there wasn't anything too special about the town itself.
You're right: The town itself has nothing that tourists would enjoy, but you can travel by small boat to nearby beaches that are quite beautiful and still rather remote and unspoiled. I like Ao Phranang (sometimes called Railey Beach, but that's only part of the peninsula). You can't get there by car at all, and the scenery is fantastic.

Bruce
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I think Samui is awesome -- even if there are people there. There are still plenty of places to find your own special place.

I also second that the Krabi region is spectacular -- if not Krabi Town itself.

That said, and since this is a Marriott forum... There is not much choice around there for MR points.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Has anyone been able to book a room using MR points? As this hotel is not on Marriott's website yet, I tried using the link bhatnasx gave, but I get a no availability message for any date I try.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:44 pm

I think many parts of Samui are awesome....I stayed with a friend at the Le Meridian Baan Taling Naam resort (I think its in the southwest part of the island) and it was sooo great relaxing, so beautiful, private......infinity pool with gorgeous mountain scene backdrops, and private beach below.....just what the doctor ordered to unwind and recharge....

also took a boat to little Turtle Island (Koh Tao) for great snorkling and beaches.....

I'll also want to try the new Marriott (Renaissance) when its finished....
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Trajan
also took a boat to little Turtle Island (Koh Tao) for great snorkling and beaches.....
I was wondering about snorkeling at Ko Samui. How far is Ko Tao - how long is the boat ride and approx cost if you remember?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I was wondering about snorkeling at Ko Samui. How far is Ko Tao - how long is the boat ride and approx cost if you remember?
Oh I really dont remember how much, but it wasnt expensive at all....took a large speed boat with others on board (they go fairly regularly).....the super clear waters and fishes around Koh Tao are fantastic....actually there are two little islands connected by a sandy beach which is just below the surface of the water...pretty unique ^
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Trajan
Oh I really dont remember how much, but it wasnt expensive at all....took a large speed boat with others on board (they go fairly regularly).....the super clear waters and fishes around Koh Tao are fantastic....actually there are two little islands connected by a sandy beach which is just below the surface of the water...pretty unique ^
Thanks Trajan, sounds good. Now to see if I can get the award stay.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:10 pm

one thing I forgot to mention, the Samui Island airport is great!! its like a friendly jungle theme park airport...very nice and gets you in the right mood....I enjoy it every time I fly in from Bangkok <http://www.amazingsamui.com/airport.htm>

The Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa (rebranded from "Buriraya Resort & Spa from Sept 1, 05) rack rates are at <http://www.buriraya.com/rates.html>, but I think you can get better rates at online reservation sites like, for example: <http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/koh_samui_island/buriraya_resort_and_spa.html>

Last edited by Trajan; Aug 8, 2005 at 12:28 pm
Old Aug 11, 2005, 3:00 am

The Renaissance site is now officially out within Marriott.com, it says rebranded to Renaissance starting September 01.

Rates for Quality room in September 150 US$++, four 1bdr. Pool Garden View Villa 250US$++, 2bdrm beach front villa 365US++.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.