Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
Thanks. I assume you're Platinum / Gold? If so, how often do you get upgraded to an executive suite?

Cheers
/MHL
I am Platinum and get upgraded every time. I think they call it a junior suite. Mind you I visit every month and as a result often get a full blown suite! The one suite they haven't upgraded me to is the Royal Suite on the 4th floor!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
However, to sit under the glorius stained glass dome roof and have breakfast is priced at about $50, based on how poorly the dollar is doing.
Easy - skip breakfast if it is not in the room rate!

However I agree that restaurant and bar prices are a tad high! I only eat in the restaurant if it is too wet to go elsewhere. Most places in Madrid are cheaper to eat except the Ritz, Horcha and L'Henry! But all three are worth the one time visit!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by OPebble
I am Platinum and get upgraded every time. I think they call it a junior suite. Mind you I visit every month and as a result often get a full blown suite! The one suite they haven't upgraded me to is the Royal Suite on the 4th floor!
What's the cheapest rate you've been able to book the junior suite?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:03 am

Last time I booked one it was 505 euros, but the Palace rates have been going through the roof lately.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by OPebble
Last time I booked one it was 505 euros, but the Palace rates have been going through the roof lately.
Mine was slightly less, but using our corporate negotiated rate. Interestingly, entering the corporate number also shows wider availability, which is great!

But either way, the price is not as bad as some Rome properties... now they're ridiculously priced!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: BA, LY,TK
I had a terrible experience at the Palace. Paid 400 euros and they gave me a really small room no upgrade, I stupidly took the 10$ voucher at check in which they didnt credit me with. A coke costs 7 Euros there.
I ordereda fruit salad to my room, cost me 30 euros and the cutlery was terribly dirtied with hard chocolate
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
I paid about $350 US, so around $500 EU with breakfast for a Jr Suite in March.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Westin Palace Madrid [Master Thread]

Does the Westin Madrid have an executive lounge or not?

I red in Tripadvisor that the hotel does not have a lounge. The booking website, however, has the following rate: Executive Club Benefits

Is an executive club (SPG) not the same as an executive lounge (Hilton)?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:40 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Didi
Does the Westin Madrid have an executive lounge or not?

I red in Tripadvisor that the hotel does not have a lounge. The booking website, however, has the following rate: Executive Club Benefits

Is an executive club (SPG) not the same as an executive lounge (Hilton)?
This hotel does not have a Westin Executive level lounge; however, it probably has rooms that have other Westin executive level benefits.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
No lounge.

As Gold, I was upgraded to the top floor with a view of the fountain. Also got a newspaper in the morning. That is the Westin executive level benefits on offer.

Didnt ask about late check-out
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:16 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by KenJohn
...was upgraded to the top floor with a view of the fountain. Also got a newspaper in the morning. That is the Westin executive level benefits on offer...
No complimentary internet? No free movies on demand? No complimentary access to the morning coffee corner?

Those items seem to be what separates the executive level from the premier and other levels of the hotel from what I can tell.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Well William expect a message if i dont get my free internet later in the year!
Then I can get on the list.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
No complimentary internet? No free movies on demand? No complimentary access to the morning coffee corner?

Those items seem to be what separates the executive level from the premier and other levels of the hotel from what I can tell.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Definitely no free internet access; no free movies BUT on the SPG floors there is free morning tea/coffee available in the lift lobby area.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by RAPC
Stayed twice, upgraded to a fantastic suite both times. Excellent hotel and well set up to deal with Plats. (Welcome letters, a real effort to greet Plats, free drinks on arrival etc)

One of my favourite hotels so far, so I would recommend it. ^
I was upgraded from junior suite to executive suite - and given room 303. The suite consisted of an oval-shaped living room (as was the case with the other two executive suites on the third floor - I can't speak about other floors as I didn't see any other floor plans) with a reasonably-sized dining room table , a marble-floored lobby and corridor (with a seperate guest toilet / sink) leading to a large bedroom with a big en suite bathroom (seperate shower and toilet / bidet cubicles).

The double glazing isn't great so I'd recommend a higher floor than the third if you have any choice. I didn't ask if there was an executive lounge as I didn't really need one, but would have assumed that the reception staff would have told me of its existence if there was one.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel.
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
We had a 3 night award stay in late July. We were given an upgrade to Executive Suite #503 (with 501 as our "room") -- it's a neat layout, allowing the suite to connect to one or both bedrooms on either side gives the hotel flexibility. Wine & food (ham/cheese plate) on arrival; nightly chocolate & bottled water. Heavenly Bed/Bath, with MB "fixings". We didn't have the noise issues that MileHigh did; the 03 line is above the front entrance of the hotel, but that's not the Paseo del Prado side so there's not as much car traffic - maybe the 2 extra floors of height made the difference.

We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, but did do breakfast under the glorious dome with a friend who was at the hotel on business -- his rate included it, so we paid the exorbitant $50+ (the dollar really sucks now...) per person for a large, attractive and filling buffet spread. Other mornings were spent at Starbucks.

For a museum-lover, the location couldn't be better. The Thyssen-Bournemisza is an underappreciated gem. Any museum with Guernica would be on anyone's list of top destinations, and the Reina Sofia (a convenient walk) has a lot more too. I was actually underwhelmed by the Prado, except as to the size of its collection. But that doesn't detract from the hotel.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
I need to caveat this post by saying that I only stayed here for one night on a short business trip and did not get to evaluate the local area, dinner, etc., but I had a very favorable impression of this hotel and wanted to share.

First impression on arrival is that this is a very aesthetically pleasing hotel. Check-in was very smooth with a few people in line but many staff members to help. I tried speaking Spanish (my spanish is limited to the time I spent in high school classes), which the desk worker humored for a few seconds, but quickly switched to english when he saw my US passport. My secretary forgot to include my SPG Platinum number on the reservation, but the front desk worker quickly put it into the system, looked for room upgrades and put me in an executive room and sent me on my way.

The room was amazing. If you look at pictures of the hotel, it has some oval curves and the executive room was a 2-room suite, where the living room was one of these oval rooms (it felt like the oval office to me). Really nicely appointed room, well laid out and really nice bathroom. Sadly, I didn't get to enjoy the room much, but it was probably one of the nicer upgrades I've received (not the best one I've gotten, but definitely up there).

My only other experience with the hotel was room service dinner which was actually pretty good despite what I thought was a disappointing menu and my favorite stand out moment was breakfast. It was unfortunately expensive (about 35 EUR), but after giving them my name coming in, they were really helpful and when I was leaving, they said good bye to me by name (i.e. have a good day Mr. EWR ATC Hold) when I walked past the reception desk. I know some might get upset with privacy, etc., but I found this to be a nice touch.

Check-out was a breeze and everyone was really friendly. I told the on duty manager (he did my check-out) that I really liked the hotel and thought it was nicer than the Westin Paris (it is in my opinion, having just stayed there a few weeks ago) and it put a smile on his face.

Overall, I would consider coming back to this hotel for a personal stay, even despite its 200 EUR price tag and would definitely stay here again for business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.