Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by flyinglan
I would recommend taking the airport express bus. This is a new service that just started about a month ago, see the link below. To get to Westin, you will get off at Plaza de cibeles. The trip takes between 20 mins to 40 mins depending on the traffic. The cost is 2 euro.
http://www.gomadrid.com/transport/Airport-Express.pdf
+1. Used it last week. Was wonderful. About a 10 mins walk to the hotel. Very easy. Hotel was nice. Received a Jr Suite, inside view.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:36 pm

We stayed at the Westin Palace about 3 years ago and thought it very nice. We plan to be in Madrid in a month or so. Recent tripadvisor reviews suggest it's slipping a bit, and some here note that it's a bit worn. Room size and quality are my main priorities. What's the current view on the hotel?

Last edited by richarddd; Feb 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by richarddd
We stayed at the Westin Palace about 3 years ago and thought it very nice. We plan to be in Madrid in a month or so. Recent tripadvisor reviews suggest it's slipping a bit, and some here note that it's a bit worn. Room size and quality are my main priorities. What's the current view on the hotel?
I stayed three times last year and I thought it was very nice. As you know, the location can't be beat for doing the tourist things. I will be back there in about 10 days and will file a report afterwards.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just got back yesterday, and I was very happy with the property. Was upgraded to a nice suite. Doubly happy that I only paid 168 euros per night thanks to a BRG, and it included buffet breakfast for 2 that sells for 45 euros/person! ^
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by chanp
+1. Used it last week. Was wonderful. About a 10 mins walk to the hotel. Very easy. Hotel was nice. Received a Jr Suite, inside view.
Are there any street signs that can direct you to the hotel from the bus station? I'm going to Madrid for the first time this weekend for just a couple day and I have absolutely no idea where I'll be going, lol. Would you recommend to buy a 2-day pass for unlimited public transportation?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ktjan
Are there any street signs that can direct you to the hotel from the bus station? I'm going to Madrid for the first time this weekend for just a couple day and I have absolutely no idea where I'll be going, lol. Would you recommend to buy a 2-day pass for unlimited public transportation?
Didn't see any. You should be able to make do with a print out of a Google Map - I think that's how I got from the subway to the hotel the first day.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ktjan
No need for signs, just head south (down hill) from Plaza de la Cibelles (where the bus stops) on Peseo del Prado ( tree covered road with a park in centre on the lanes of opposite traffic) to the next Plaza, Pz c. de Castillo cant miss because of the fountains and the Thyssen museum on the right, the Prado museum on the left and you are at the Westin.

All you need to know about Madrid:
www.esmadrid.com/en/portal.do
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:59 pm

I've stayed here on and off for years. If you are an American this is probably your safest bet in terms of what you are expecting from a hotel. It is not great, it is not terrible and in many ways as my Spanish wife likes to say, it is not Spanish.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:10 pm

Do the TVs in the rooms have a composite video input? In other words, can I play my stuff on the TV?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:54 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Staying here this Saturday-Monday.

Good news: some great reviews here

Bad news: my expectations are set pretty high now

My Plat status expires on Tuesday so this is how I'll remember Plat...until I requal.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Staying here this Saturday-Monday.

Good news: some great reviews here

Bad news: my expectations are set pretty high now

My Plat status expires on Tuesday so this is how I'll remember Plat...until I requal.
I stayed here on a free weekend night in December. When I got to the front desk, they said they upgraded me to a junior suite, which I thought was fine. But as I continued talking to the agent in my mediocre Spanish, she told me that they actually had an executive suite , which turned out to my best upgrade in my short time as a Plat, overlooking the Neptune Fountain.

So at least in my experience they treat Plats well.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:07 pm

Got an Executive Suite w/o asking last month. Quite nice.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I am currently at the Westin Palace for a 4-night stay. Checked in on Wednesday and there were no suites available for the upgrade (check-in said the hotel was full). I am in the smallest room that I have yet had at the Palace (my fourth stay here in the last 12 months). However, it is a very nice room and has been remodeled within the last 12 months with new paint, wallpaper, bath fixures, TV, etc. Perfectly comfortable and since it is just for me, the size suits me just fine.

Weather is currently spectacular in Madrid. Mid 60s every day so far. Lovely!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: SPG GOLD, CONTINENTAL GOLD
JR SUITE

Hey guys will be arriving at the palace in about two weeks. I got a JR suite booked was wondering what should i expect? Does it have a balcony? Is it just alright and nothing to fancy? Let me know

Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by frostran
Hey guys will be arriving at the palace in about two weeks. I got a JR suite booked was wondering what should i expect? Does it have a balcony? Is it just alright and nothing to fancy? Let me know

Thanks
The 1 I had could pass as a reg suite in most Hotels, it was anything but small separate rooms that had sliding doors in the walls if you wanted to close off the bedroom part. The bedroom part was the size of a reg room by itself

This Hotel along with The Diplomat in FL are both ^^ in my book when it comes to taking care of a Plat even when not on a rev stay. If either of these Hotels would tell me at checkin that they are sorry there are no upgrades since they are full or those rooms are already spoken for, I will BELIEVE them 100%, wish I could say that for all the others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.