Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:59 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My vote still goes for Marriott, especially since my biz colleauges 100% ALL b*tched about small rooms, noise, etc, at Ren. No bias by me - I was actually going to check out Ren 'til I heard them talking.
I think the room sizes at the Ren vary quite a lot. This happens in Amsterdam when they "knit" several building together.

When I arrived my assigned room was not ready. They offered me a smaller room right away, but recommended that I wait for the larger room. Since I was staying for 6 nights I waited, and was glad I did. I ended up with a large king room, facing inside.

SunLover
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Just a quick update:

Got back from Amsterdam today and found the Renaissance to be a delightful little hotel. I had FAXed a letter to the manager requesting a room facing the courtyard and a higher floor, and we got neither on check-in (3rd floor facing the street). We were tired and the front desk said they had no other rooms available (I'm only a silver so decided not to push it and it was 8am so they were letting us check in REALLY early to begin with - beggars can't be choosers), so we took it. There was a bit of construction noise on Friday morning, but pretty faint and didn't last long. Saturday and Sunday morning had no construction.

We found the location to be fine. As someone in this thread said, it's not necessarily the nicest part of Amsterdam, but being a small city, you can get anywhere you need to go with a short walk. In fact we found ourselves walking to the Marriott area (Leidsplein I think it is called) quite a bit for dinners and such, and walking was not a problem.

Our rate included breakfast which was served in the restaurant. It was full American with decent selections in the bufffet.

We also enjoyed the attached cafe (Koepelcafe or something like that) for a pint of Heineken as a night-cap.

All in all a good trip and a nice little hotel. For prosterity's sake I thought I would respond and give my two thumbs up .
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Advice on Marriotts in AMS

Hi All,

I'm trying to get feedback on the Marriotts in Amesterdam. I have a free night stay (Category 4 and down), so I got one night at the Courtyard Airport. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, how's the transportation around there? Is it easy to get to AMS?

Also, I am planning on staying at the Renaissance City Centre for the other days. Any thoughts on the Renaissance in Amsterdam?

Thanks for any feedback!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:18 am

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Hi All,

I'm trying to get feedback on the Marriotts in Amesterdam. I have a free night stay (Category 4 and down), so I got one night at the Courtyard Airport. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, how's the transportation around there? Is it easy to get to AMS?

Also, I am planning on staying at the Renaissance City Centre for the other days. Any thoughts on the Renaissance in Amsterdam?

Thanks for any feedback!
I've never been to AMS, but this link from the archive might help you out...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archi...x.php/t-397121
Old Feb 24, 2005, 1:39 pm

Thanks for the link!! It was very helpful. I didn't realize the search function is back. Thanks again...
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:00 am

Personally, I like the REN AMS aslong as you are an elite as the rooms for elites are larger than the regular rooms at that hotel which can be small.

Also, the Exec lounge there is nice and usually has a nice spread in the evenings.

Dan
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:13 am

Just stayed at Ren AMS 2 weeks ago on points. Direct train to Central Train Station from Schiptol. Ren is very friendly and easy 3 min walk from Central Train Station (also most boat tours leave from there). Well located with many many resturarants nearby and well as excellent shopping street just 2 minute walk. At Central Train station you can get buses to most anywhere in AMS. Internet is very expensive at 20 Euros per day but if you go to street behind REN (out front door of REN turn right, go down alley beside REN and left where it dead ends)there is very cheap Internet on left in that street. The breakfast buffet was very expensive (over $25) so I would go elsewhere. For amusement walk down alley right in front of hotel. There are a 10 or 12 "red lights" in that street.
Do be careful of free Toberlone chocolate at front desk- it's addictive.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:04 pm

Hmmm...I'm only a Silver Elite...would that make a big difference. Should I "ask" when I check-in or cross my fingers and hope for the best??

Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by dan1431
Personally, I like the REN AMS aslong as you are an elite as the rooms for elites are larger than the regular rooms at that hotel which can be small.

Also, the Exec lounge there is nice and usually has a nice spread in the evenings.

Dan
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:10 pm

Thank you, Arnold, for all your advice, too!! It is very helpful. I am all set w/ my $370 all-in airfare from LAX to AMS and my hotels are now booked. I'm glad I chose the REN since I've gotten positive feedback so far. Being in the center of everything is a big plus.

And I don't know if I can say no to the Toberlones!!! I'll try...

Originally Posted by Arnold
Just stayed at Ren AMS 2 weeks ago on points. Direct train to Central Train Station from Schiptol. Ren is very friendly and easy 3 min walk from Central Train Station (also most boat tours leave from there). Well located with many many resturarants nearby and well as excellent shopping street just 2 minute walk. At Central Train station you can get buses to most anywhere in AMS. Internet is very expensive at 20 Euros per day but if you go to street behind REN (out front door of REN turn right, go down alley beside REN and left where it dead ends)there is very cheap Internet on left in that street. The breakfast buffet was very expensive (over $25) so I would go elsewhere. For amusement walk down alley right in front of hotel. There are a 10 or 12 "red lights" in that street.
Do be careful of free Toberlone chocolate at front desk- it's addictive.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by lasnowgirl
Hi All,

Thanks for any feedback!

I've never stayed at that CY but I have stayed at the Ren CC and Marriott. Stay at the Ren CC, it is closer to everything else and nice. I wouldn't say its luxe but very nice and convient.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Glad it worked out. Cheers. Sharon
Old Mar 8, 2005, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
AMS Marriotts

Stayed many times. The Courtyard Airport is way out past the airport, don't even think about it unless you're flying out the next am, just too far out of town. But a nice hotel right on a park.

Stayed at the Marriott AMS many times and love the location. Lots of bars, clubs, restaurants, parks withing 2-3 blocks. Nice hotel, nice health club. Safe area. Make sure to do "Boom Town Chicago" comedy troupe across the road, especially the late show on Friday, a blast!! Couple of hot nite clubs around the corner, Jimmy Wu's is supposed to be one of the best, had a great time there. Enjoy.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:51 pm

Oh no...I already booked a free night there (but at least I am flying out the next morning). I prefer not to stay at the CY, but I had a award that expired at the end of March, so I wanted to use it. So...what is the best way to get to the CY from AMS (REN City Centre)? I assume a taxi would be expensive so how is the public transportation to CY? Also, what is the best way to get to the airport from CY? Is there a shuttle?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 7:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by mtacchi
I'm staying at the Renaissance now. Hotel is packed and summer rates seem in 200's (euro) so $100 is excellent. The Buffet breakfast is unbelievable. Do it. I haven't eaten lunch anytime I've had the breakfast. I have a ok sized room facing the street. There is very noise. They call themselves 5 star, but I think it is a solid 4 star. Location excellent, no complaints.
Just stayed at this hotel last weekend. I agree that the (free with my rate) buffet breakfast is the best I've ever had. Omelettes, a full honeycomb dripping with fresh honey, oatmeal, toast, european chocolate flakes for toast, etc. etc. The room was average, but great service from housekeeping and no charge for a 3rd twin bed for the 3rd person in our room. Highly recommended for the value and location.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:15 am

Email Adress for Amsterdam Marriott

Does anybody have an email address for the Amsterdam Marriott?
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.