Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I had no problem with a 2pm late check out. Wasn’t able to get early check in though.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Thank you, 2pm would be great
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Do they provide a replacement benefit for the resort fee with those with status?

Reference:
Replacement Benefit when Wi-Fi is included in resort fee
EdV likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:27 pm

[QUOTE=writerguyfl;31595009]The same sorts of issues can happen at the Disney owned and operated resorts. Convention groups, sports groups, and youth groups can take over one or more the Disney Resorts are various times during the year. /QUOTE]

To be honest, that's why I often book the Courtyard at Marriott Village or Courtyard near the convention center when visiting the famous rat. No free breakfast for everyone = no youth groups, very few families. Plat gets you breakfast, so I'm good there. I've actually stayed at most of the Marriott properties near the 'rat and other than at the free breakfasts, I've never had an issue with the youth groups, noise & such. It seems like it's a much bigger problem at the Disney properties.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:49 pm

I've read a lot of conflicting reports on the daily resort fee. As a platinum member, is there a way to get that discounted or removed?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by jmj10
I've read a lot of conflicting reports on the daily resort fee. As a platinum member, is there a way to get that discounted or removed?

Thanks!
no
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

Thanks!
Nope. They’ll pry it out of you each night you’re there. Only way to avoid it is to stay at a non resort property.
jmj10 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:44 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Do they provide a replacement benefit for the resort fee with those with status?

Reference:
Replacement Benefit when Wi-Fi is included in resort fee
Good question! Anyone with experience?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Good question! Anyone with experience?
No they don’t. Only elite benefits are welcome gift and breakfast vouchers

simple fact of the matter is if you want a Marriott property with Disney benefits and with Disney transport and within walking distance to parks this is your only option. If you want Disney, stay here. If you want elite benefits stay off property

my vote is Disney benefits outweigh elite perks
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
No they don’t. Only elite benefits are welcome gift and breakfast vouchers

simple fact of the matter is if you want a Marriott property with Disney benefits and with Disney transport and within walking distance to parks this is your only option. If you want Disney, stay here. If you want elite benefits stay off property

my vote is Disney benefits outweigh elite perks
This is based upon you asking?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:22 pm

This is based upon you asking?
Asking if they give you other stuff because WiFi is already included in the resort fee?

Yeah ive asked and stopped asking on my last couple visits because the hotel doesn’t do anything for elites other than give you the welcome gift and breakfast assuming you qualify
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Asking if they give you other stuff because WiFi is already included in the resort fee?

Yeah ive asked and stopped asking on my last couple visits because the hotel doesn’t do anything for elites other than give you the welcome gift and breakfast assuming you qualify
I don't believe you understand what we are talking about. We are not talking about elite benefits. This is specifically requesting what they offer as a replacement benefit due to the Wi-Fi being included in a resort fee. It seems that this may involve asking a manager to look into it if they aren't properly educated. As others have pointed out it's an obscure provision, but one the property can't opt out of. Each resort has the option to decide what their alternative benefit is. You would be entitled to the same replacement benefit even if you had the lowest tier Bonvoy status.
EdV likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:23 am

Does anyone have an email for the concierge here? I've been trying the info@ email to get a hold of someone to no avail. We are taking my sister and her soon to be husband here the week of their wedding for a little Disney de-stressing at food and wine, and I would like to do something special for them for their room.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:07 am

Does anyone have an email for the concierge here? I've been trying the info@ email to get a hold of someone to no avail. We are taking my sister and her soon to be husband here the week of their wedding for a little Disney de-stressing at food and wine, and I would like to do something special for them for their room.
[email protected]
KRSW and jmj10 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:15 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
I don't believe you understand what we are talking about. We are not talking about elite benefits. This is specifically requesting what they offer as a replacement benefit due to the Wi-Fi being included in a resort fee. It seems that this may involve asking a manager to look into it if they aren't properly educated. As others have pointed out it's an obscure provision, but one the property can't opt out of. Each resort has the option to decide what their alternative benefit is. You would be entitled to the same replacement benefit even if you had the lowest tier Bonvoy status.
Very well summarized. In my experience it has to be explicitly spelled out with whomever is at front desk and then inevitably a manager. Even then be prepared to show the Bonvoy rules to them....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.