Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by controller1
Thanks for the review. I've found the hotel to be adequate for overnight layovers and we stay at this property at least four times a year. The front desk clerk was incorrect about the elite breakfast. They actually give you a card to present to the wait staff and the card is clear that the buffet breakfast is complimentary for up to a party of two. I have a reservation Monday night at this property.

Looks like in your review everything was OK/adequate with the exception of the renovation causing the relocation of the lobby. Would be interested to know exactly the reason for not recommending.
The reason I would recommend this place is because for me it does not fulfill what I expected from a Westin. (In the other hand when in the US I am never blown away with these full service hotel as my standard is based in those in Europe or Asia where standards are higher). Also I felt that I can normally get a lower price at a lower property such as Fairfield Inn or Springhill Suites where I will still be able to get a good comfortable sleep and other service facilities at a more value for money level. There is nothing wrong with the property just from value point of view that it does not satisfy my expectations, that's why I don't recommend it - even if I was recognized as a Elite member i don't think it will change my mind as it will just be complimentary breakfast which by itself is not that exceptional.

Cheers!
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
One night "corporate" rate. Titanium status. Upgraded to a suite. The hotel is an airport hotel with endles one night stays, late arrivals and early departures. Walked into and out of the lounge in quick order. The lounge is on the first floor with zero view and the atmosphere of a commons area of dorm housing. The Denny's across the street is more than adequare for dinner or breakfast 24/7. The gas station across the street is more than adequare for snacks and drinks. The airport shuttle is fine but departs every hour on the hour without accounting for flight schedules. No clue if calling to ask for a pickup from the hotel is of value as the shuttle didn't arrive for 30 minutes even after calling to request the shuttle. An Uber or taxi to the hotel could be less hassle, albeit $25.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.