Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
One more note about this property (stayed again)...

If you're there, definitely head up to the top floor and up the stairs to the (good) workout room and pool. Bring your suit because the (tiny) pool is on top of the hotel, outside, and there is a large hot tub up there, too! Although it can get kind of windy, it's amazing when a 747 comes in to land right above you! ^^
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:40 pm

Westin DFW - awful !

I had originally booked the Westin DFW at a retail rate and saw in a Price Line forum that that is one of three DFW airport hotels they use. I took a chance and got the room for $ 67 all in. Less than half the retail rate. A Saturday night.

Took 50 minutes from the time I called from baggage claim to get to the front desk. Other hotel drivers were getting out of their vans and offering to help ! Shrugging their shoulders. Get to the hotel and after three sets of keys and two rooms I finally get a real room to walk into. One hour and 35 minutes from my original call.

Here’s the great part. This place seems to attract a trailer park / Nascar crowd. The 15th floor was filled with a dozen people hauling suitcases of beer up to the pool level above. I had always thought Westin’s were a higher end product.

Real unpleasant stay. Wouldn’t ever dream of going back.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 11, 2008 at 4:22 am Reason: Merged into property master thread
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by idainc
I took a chance and got the room for $ 67 all in.
I had always thought Westin’s were a higher end product.

I guess all 'dem hicks figured out how to use priceline?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I was there last week. Not bad. I stayed on a $100 AAA rate and got a beautiful two room suite. The pool/fitness center on the top floor is nice. The hotel is lacking an exec lounge - that would've been nice. Bar food wasn't bad.

Didn't have any issues at check in or with other guests. Maybe I got lucky.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I stayed there our the Shertaon DFW a lot earlier this year. Overall it was pretty decent. I liked the sheraton better for the pool table in the bar, but the Westin always upgraded and had a decent gym.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
We were at DFW nearly one year ago for one Sat. ngiht. It was newly renovated, we were upgrated from a standard room to a studio suite, and there was hardly anyone staying at the hotel because it's a commuter hotel. Sounds like the OP had an oddball experience.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had two stays in this hotel recently without any problem. very good rate and upgrade for platinum. ^^
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
i stayed back in april for a night before heading to NRT. i had to catch a marriott shuttle over to the hotel after waiting an hour for the westins, otherwise, they gave me free breakfast and a nice suite
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There is nothing "awful" about the hotel. The OP must have been very unlucky. Isn't there a Master Thread for this property anyway?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:51 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Actually it is one of my favourite airport hotels worldwide. Well connected to the airport (the NW terminal that is...) with it's own security check (which is unfortunately not staffed the whole time). Clean standard Westin rooms with everything you need in an airport hotel. Good restaurant and room service. Only thing I have with them is that out of my about 10 stays so far as a Platinum I only got 1 real upgrade so far and on most times I can't even get a room overlooking the terminal and planes but towards the parking platform.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Actually it is one of my favourite airport hotels worldwide. Well connected to the airport (the NW terminal that is...) with it's own security check (which is unfortunately not staffed the whole time). Clean standard Westin rooms with everything you need in an airport hotel. Good restaurant and room service. Only thing I have with them is that out of my about 10 stays so far as a Platinum I only got 1 real upgrade so far and on most times I can't even get a room overlooking the terminal and planes but towards the parking platform.
DTW?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
i stayed back in april for a night before heading to NRT. i had to catch a marriott shuttle over to the hotel after waiting an hour for the westins, otherwise, they gave me free breakfast and a nice suite

Another unlucky guest ! I noted this to the van driver who felt empowered to justify their lateness while driving to the hotel. BTW and OT I'm not real familiar with DFW - is there any reason to have gone through two toll booths from terminal D to the hotel ?

One more thought on the roaming bands of guests with suitcases of beer - It struck me that if this occured in the parking lot they'd call the police but it seems OK by the hotel to allow this in the guest level halls. Would make me feel uncomfortable in the parking lot and even more so in the guest level halls.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Another unlucky guest ! I noted this to the van driver who felt empowered to justify their lateness while driving to the hotel. BTW and OT I'm not real familiar with DFW - is there any reason to have gone through two toll booths from terminal D to the hotel ?
Yeah. Because there are two toll booths between the airport and the hotel.

Does it seems like there are less problems with the hotel and more with the van service to and fro?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Yeah. Because there are two toll booths between the airport and the hotel.

Does it seems like there are less problems with the hotel and more with the van service to and fro?

50 / 50 I'd say. Problems at both ends.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Yes, definitely DTW, not DFW...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.