Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 7:36 am
aly

staying here this weekend, any recent tips or suggestions..?

unfoirtunately internet access is not included in my rate, standard rates seem to be 10$ per day or per minute charges in the business centre...
Old May 25, 2009, 9:51 pm
aly

Wink Westin DFW Airport: suggestions or tips..?

Am reserved at this hotel for the upcoming weeken (fri-mon); any ideas on what to do after the 1 full day of work?

shopping nearby, so have rented a car to be mobile,

hoping to get a decent room upgrade if possible;

need to find a viable alternative to internet (maybe connect phone connection via wmwifirouter)

thks again to all for any and all ideas..!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 26, 2009 at 9:07 am Reason: Moved into master thread
Old May 25, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Can't speak for the DFW property, but if you were considering the Westin Galleria as an alternative then I would recommend against it. Upgrades seem pretty scarce (in my experience - plats running 1/3 of the time, golds a big fat zippo). Staff is very, very friendly and generally responsive to requests, but room service is mediocre and parking is a pain as the hotel is situated in a mall.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Close enough to Grapevine Mills? Maye some shopping and movie there... enjoy. You need a car (or does the hotel shuttle you there??).
Old May 26, 2009, 12:04 am
aly

the grapevine mall does not seem too far, so shopping it is, perhaps this is the ideal time to watch Angels & Demons too..!!

I am booked at the DFW, not Galleria (thankfully) after reading your comments;

a bit far from town but makes the early early morning return that much easier..
Old May 26, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I recently stayed at the westin DFW and sheraton DFW-my comparison is here-
http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...dfw-17509.html
Basically for an upgrade and better room-Westin.
For free breakfast,evening drinks and internet-Sheraton.Not that much around so car a good idea.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
my experience

As a gold, I recently stayed at the Westin DFW for one night (a Thursday).

I was upgraded to a corner suite, and it was very nice. 2 tvs, bath AND shower, etc. Airplane noise was a non-issue for me in my room.

I got there pretty late (after dinner), so I can't comment on the food/social aspects, but the hotel met all of my expectations for the Westin brand.

I haven't stayed at the Westin in the Galleria, so I can't make a comparison based on my own experiences.

Conor
Old May 26, 2009, 2:18 pm
aly

thks,

thks for the great suggestions; i will keep sheraton in mind for the next trip down, especially considering Breaky and internet are so vital these days; lol...

after reading the review here (http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...dfw-17509.html), I will be certain to look into the Sheraton for any upcoming trips..!

cheers,

Last edited by aly; May 26, 2009 at 2:56 pm
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
dfw westin

Have two recent stays one Paid and one C&P been upgraded both times to a corner suite without asking or inquiring. On the last stay was given free internet. My air card was down and i asked was told that it was a PLAT Amenity. When leaving in the AM it was on my Folio inquired at the desk and was given a credit. FYI- would have paid anyway but nice of them to make good when they really did not have to. Not sure how they treat regular guests but do treat Plats well.

Will stay again Highly recommend. One of the nicer Hotels in Dallas Area as far as how they treat Plats
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Stayed here a few days ago on a trip back home to CLL from vacation. Great hotel, and a much better experience than the one I had a few months ago at the Sheraton nearby, except there is no SPG lounge at the Westin.

Nice restaurant, good rooms and a upgrade as a lowly SPG gold! Good shuttle service from the airport on-call, and better than average food in the restaurant with a lively bar....way more than I would expect from a typical airport hotel. ^ My next layover and/or delay a D/FW, this will definitely be my next spot!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Had a one night Sunday stay here a couple nights ago. Checked in around 6pm. Asked about a potential suite upgrade and was given one on the 9th floor. I am also a Gold. Room had a large living area and bed was off to the back left. Overall, I was very pleased since this was a C&P stay and I'm only Gold. Only a couple of drawbacks. Toilet took forever to flush and plunger did not seat properly a couple of times. The connection from the bulb socket to the actual lamp fixture was broken and just leaning against the shade on one of the lamps. Both TVs and a remote on the bed side also had some issues. First time I turned on the bed tv, there was no video. Then I had to go to the tv to adjust the volume up. When I turned off the living area tv, it turned itself back on roughly 15 seconds later somehow??? Who knows. The hallway floors were also pretty dirty. Debris scattered across the entire hall. Rooms were nice, but there's an apparent need for routine cleaning and maintenance that isn't being addressed.

Watched the first three quarters of Redskins-Cowboys at the bar, and was outnumbered for some reason bartender was a younger guy wearing a Pats jersey and didn't pay very good attention to anyone. i also saw fruit flies buzzing around. The large tv in the middle of the bar had something wrong with the entire bottom half of the screen that caused the images to be slightly distorted. Fortunately they run drink specials on NFL nights.

Overall, pretty pleased with the experience since I got an upgrade to a suite. Had it been a standard room, I wouldn't have been thrilled as there's just too much minor maintenance that needs to be addressed.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Completed a stay here night before last. Decent property, suite upgrade upon check in, but that's about it. The room was decent and clean, but there were many general maintenance issues that had not been attended to, especially in the public areas. There was pealing wall paper in the bathroom, missing caulking, scratches long the walls in the hallways, etc. I know it's an airport hotel and thus sees a lot of traffic, but a modicum of effort could've turned a decent stay into a great one.

For what it's worth, I said the same thing about the Westin ORD. Perhaps I need to not stay at the airport anymore.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Mackieman
I know it's an airport hotel and thus sees a lot of traffic, but a modicum of effort could've turned a decent stay into a great one.
Other than the aesthetic issues like peeling paint, what negatives did you experience? Planning on staying here next month.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Other than the aesthetic issues like peeling paint, what negatives did you experience? Planning on staying here next month.
None that stand out. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. My wife requested two extra pillows and towels and they were delivered within 15 minutes. I didn't eat there so I can't evaluate that. Suite upgrade upon checkin without me asking. I can't really ask for more than that.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
Had a one night Sunday stay here a couple nights ago. Checked in around 6pm. Asked about a potential suite upgrade and was given one on the 9th floor. I am also a Gold. Room had a large living area and bed was off to the back left. Overall, I was very pleased since this was a C&P stay and I'm only Gold. Only a couple of drawbacks. Toilet took forever to flush and plunger did not seat properly a couple of times. The connection from the bulb socket to the actual lamp fixture was broken and just leaning against the shade on one of the lamps. Both TVs and a remote on the bed side also had some issues. First time I turned on the bed tv, there was no video. Then I had to go to the tv to adjust the volume up. When I turned off the living area tv, it turned itself back on roughly 15 seconds later somehow??? Who knows. The hallway floors were also pretty dirty. Debris scattered across the entire hall. Rooms were nice, but there's an apparent need for routine cleaning and maintenance that isn't being addressed.

Watched the first three quarters of Redskins-Cowboys at the bar, and was outnumbered for some reason bartender was a younger guy wearing a Pats jersey and didn't pay very good attention to anyone. i also saw fruit flies buzzing around. The large tv in the middle of the bar had something wrong with the entire bottom half of the screen that caused the images to be slightly distorted. Fortunately they run drink specials on NFL nights.

Overall, pretty pleased with the experience since I got an upgrade to a suite. Had it been a standard room, I wouldn't have been thrilled as there's just too much minor maintenance that needs to be addressed.
I stayed here a few weeks ago and am going to be staying here next weekend to complete my platinum challenge. The reason i like it is it offers 2,000 extra points for the stay for their promotion. I had to laugh when i read this review from over a year ago about the TV in the bar...still have the same TV with the same issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.