Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by uclasfo
I would also like to know why they blocked off these 4 months. Does anyone know if the block will be lifted soon? I really don’t want to stay at the Westin since it’s so far away.
I decided to check with the hotel directly and they said they are currently not offering C+P because of high occupancy....from Sept 1st to early Jan 2010.

The also said to check back closer to my dates....
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I'm debating should I book an Executive room. How much does buffet breakfast cost? Can I get an upgrade for being Gold?

Thx.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:46 am

Does anyone know of any hotels that's within walking distance from the Sheraton?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
I'm debating should I book an Executive room. How much does buffet breakfast cost? Can I get an upgrade for being Gold?

Thx.
breakfast buffet NT500 (+10%). Gold upgrade to a better room but may not be Executive room. Executive room has other benefits like happy hour which is practically a dinner.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Does anyone know of any hotels that's within walking distance from the Sheraton?

Thanks!
Caesar Park is about 3 blocks down towards the Railway station.
Far Eastern Plaza by Shangri-La is close by on Tunhwa S Road however an easy 10-20 mins commute by taxi.

In that general vicinity, theres a lot of no-names and local hotels I wouldn't recommend at all.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:36 pm

7-11 & Hotel Contact

Are there any convenience stores (7-11) near the hotel? Does anyone know the contact person’s email to request upgrade?

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Are there any convenience stores (7-11) near the hotel? Does anyone know the contact person’s email to request upgrade?

Thanks!
Yes, they are everywhere.

Exit the main entrance, go either left or right around the block, you can't miss it.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Motion122
Yes, they are everywhere.

Exit the main entrance, go either left or right around the block, you can't miss it.
There are two 7-11 stores within a block of the Sheration. If you exit the side entrance, turn left, the 7-11 store would be at the end of the small block, across the street.

If you exit the main entrance, turn right, pass the MRT entrance/exit, turn right at the end of the block, and the 7-11 store would be at the end of the small block.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR

Thanks!
The Grand Formosa Regent offers much larger and brighter rooms, better buffets, and is more luxurious overall, but it has its own frequent stay program so starwood plats do not get suite upgrades. Its room rate is comparable to Sheraton, sometimes specials are cheaper. It is located to the north of Sheraton by two long blocks, about 15 mintue walk.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
breakfast buffet NT500 (+10%). Gold upgrade to a better room but may not be Executive room. Executive room has other benefits like happy hour which is practically a dinner.
Just booked using points to a Director Room. As Gold any chance I can get an upgrade to an Executive Level room? CSR couldn't get access to any Executive level rooms using points. Any insight to recent Gold treatment is appreciated.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy 51
Just booked using points to a Director Room. As Gold any chance I can get an upgrade to an Executive Level room? CSR couldn't get access to any Executive level rooms using points. Any insight to recent Gold treatment is appreciated.
My coworkers and I stay here quite often, and I've had over 50 nights here both last year. Golds don't get much here, best I've seen is SPG floor. Plats get great treatment though with respect to upgrades and recognition by the lounge staff.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Happy 51
I stay here every year when I visit. Typically they don't upgrade Gold SPG. They only stick you on a SPG Floor (which they do for non-Gold but SPG members anyway). They will offer you upgrades to a better room if you pay extra. I think the last time they offer it for $1500 NT.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by Fruit
I stay here every year when I visit. Typically they don't upgrade Gold SPG. They only stick you on a SPG Floor (which they do for non-Gold but SPG members anyway). They will offer you upgrades to a better room if you pay extra. I think the last time they offer it for $1500 NT.
As spg Platinum I either get the executive floor room or a bigger room on the spg floor. I am happy with what I get as I spend very little time in my room anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
This is a very well-run and attractive property. Very good platinum recognition, outstanding lounge both breafsat and evening. Very good 'hit-run' for upgrades ( recent 5th night free award stay upgrade to a very nice suite), extremely well-located and in close proximity to both the main station and the metro. Great staff. excellent F&B outlets. Good Gym and Sauna. The hotel is full of life and buzz . Overall a very good choice for Taipei ( and a far cry from the old Lai Lai Sheraton of times gone by)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
How much for lounge access?

Does anyone know what you have to pay for lounge access? 2 persons.

Since we´d probably eat breakfast anyway maybe the price for lounge access isn´t so much more?

Doesn´t really have any status (Starwood preferred business) but I guess that doesn´t make much of a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.