Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by micke100
Does anyone know what you have to pay for lounge access? 2 persons
Non-platinum colleagues have been offered lounge benefits when checking in for NT2000 per night. In addition you get in-room Internet and a daily laundry allowance with that offer.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by Ubud
Non-platinum colleagues have been offered lounge benefits when checking in for NT2000 per night. In addition you get in-room Internet and a daily laundry allowance with that offer.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Is that for 1 or 2 persons?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

do platiniums here tend to get the laundry allowance per day (is it 500 NT?)

FDW
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by micke100
Is that for 1 or 2 persons?
They were traveling alone at the time, but I am quite sure it would cover two people in a room.

Note that you may be able to book an Executive room with lounge benefits for about the same NT2000 premium. This will definitely allow 2 people access.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
do platiniums here tend to get the laundry allowance per day (is it 500 NT?)

FDW
I've never been given the allowance there in many stays as a Plat. It's not one of the listed benefits.

On the other hand, they are quite generous with the complimentary birthday cakes
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Does anyone know the GM email address of this property? Please send me a PM. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:23 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

anyone know any info on hotel transfers costs? I am awaiting an email from the hotel but figured that FT is always a good source.

I have an upcoming booking for a suite (for my parents) and a room. I have instructed the hotel to apply the plat benefits to the room. Hopefully I'll get upgraded as well.

FDW
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
anyone know any info on hotel transfers costs? I am awaiting an email from the hotel but figured that FT is always a good source.

I have an upcoming booking for a suite (for my parents) and a room. I have instructed the hotel to apply the plat benefits to the room. Hopefully I'll get upgraded as well.

FDW
-up thread in Jan 2010, I was quoted NT2500 for a Mercedes C-Class from TPE...

-or the AirBus that takes you through a "scenic" route for NT90 stops right to the side entrance of the hotel...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
what is a REAL bargain is the C+P redemption awards at the Sheraton Taipei. Cat 3 at $45+ 2800pts...^^^
i guess the property will now be a Cat 4 @$60 + 4000pts for C+P
(still a better choice comparing to the Westin at the same price)
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Does anyone know if there is a convenience store or supermarket within the walking distance of this property?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by ktjan
Does anyone know if there is a convenience store or supermarket within the walking distance of this property?
There are many convenience stores nearby.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
I am disappointed that this hotel is moving from Cat 3 to Cat 4... With W and Le Meridien, both new and more expensive, opening as Cat 4 hotels, I think it makes more sense to move Westin to Cat 3 and leave this one as Cat 3. Too bad SPG doesn't agree with me.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
-up thread in Jan 2010, I was quoted NT2500 for a Mercedes C-Class from TPE...
-or the AirBus that takes you through a "scenic" route for NT90 stops right to the side entrance of the hotel...
Or, you can take the high speed rail, which get you to the hotel faster than the AirBus but you have to do three transfers, which I did not mind, and I enjoyed the trip.

First you have to take a shuttle to the TaoYuan HSR station from the same general area as you board the AirBus, for NT30. From TaoYuan to Taipei Train station, your fare would be NT150. When you arrive at the Taipei Train station, you can either walk two long blocks or take a cab.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by oldtimer
Or, you can take the high speed rail, which get you to the hotel faster than the AirBus but you have to do three transfers, which I did not mind, and I enjoyed the trip.

First you have to take a shuttle to the TaoYuan HSR station from the same general area as you board the AirBus, for NT30. From TaoYuan to Taipei Train station, your fare would be NT150. When you arrive at the Taipei Train station, you can either walk two long blocks or take a cab.
Curious, how 'high speed' is the train there? ill be in Taipei next month and havent settled on which hotel to book, looking at here or the new W which offers limousine (7 series i believe) transfers for a fee. but if the high speed train is something memorable, i may do that simply for the experience.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:47 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Heard back from the hotel:
- Minibus (max 6 passengers): 3000 NT for transfer from TPE to the Sheraton
- I got a name from another FTer who quoted me 1100 NT

My account this morning listed my room as a "diplomatic suite".
So pre-upgrade 2 days prior to arrival!

Nice. Now we'll have to see if I can get club lounge priveleges for my other room (which I booked as a suite using points)

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.