Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Do take note there is no Club Lounge in W Taipei (Only in W Guangzhou).

So choose breakfast as your Platinum Amenity (if your room rate is not included). There apparently is Happy Hour at the WooBar and Yen Restaurant for SPG Elites (You can order drinks from a list).
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thank you everyone, these were the exact feedback and help about the hotels I was looking for. We will stay the W for the win, appreciate all your
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:37 am

Sheraton Taipei didn't upgrade me again. Even Westin is now upgrading me to suites, but decided to stay at Sheraton this time and they didn't give me a suite. I give up....
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Sheraton Taipei didn't upgrade me again. Even Westin is now upgrading me to suites, but decided to stay at Sheraton this time and they didn't give me a suite. I give up....
What type of room are you booking and what type of rate? If you book the cheapest, why would you expect a suite? A king club is a very nice room and a great value when booking the cheapest room IMHO.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
What no suite?

It's an outrage I tell ya...
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Either the hotel was sold out, or there is something in your client profile the hotel has that is preventing your upgrade. I've never *not* been upgraded at this property, they've always taken good care of me and this includes busy periods where the hotel is seemingly overrun with mainland Chinese tourists wrecking havoc everywhere and driving the staff crazy.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Either the hotel was sold out, or there is something in your client profile the hotel has that is preventing your upgrade. I've never *not* been upgraded at this property, they've always taken good care of me and this includes busy periods where the hotel is seemingly overrun with mainland Chinese tourists wrecking havoc everywhere and driving the staff crazy.
I don't remembering offending them.... never argue with them... just minding my own business like at any hotel. Check-in, do my businesses in the city, check-out.....

Oh well, Westin seems to have very competitive rates lately vs. Sheraton, guess if they want to push me to Westin from now on that's fine. Westin has always upgrade me to Executive Suite nowadays......
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
What no suite?

It's an outrage I tell ya...
Not an outrage, just a relative comparison. Any other hotels in Taipei (and all of East Asia) always upgrade me as Platinum. Sheraton, for some reason, is the only one that has not do that. It also isn't sold out issue as suites are readily available for reservation online.

Just posting it's interesting how individual experiences can be different one with another.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not an outrage, just a relative comparison. Any other hotels in Taipei (and all of East Asia) always upgrade me as Platinum. Sheraton, for some reason, is the only one that has not do that. It also isn't sold out issue as suites are readily available for reservation online.

Just posting it's interesting how individual experiences can be different one with another.
Have you asked to speak to manage to figure why the front desk is not processing an upgrade for you? I assume you're asking at check-in, and perhaps even showing the front desk agent the availability of executive-size suites for sale online.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Have you asked to speak to manage to figure why the front desk is not processing an upgrade for you? I assume you're asking at check-in, and perhaps even showing the front desk agent the availability of executive-size suites for sale online.
Perhaps I will next time... thanks for the tip.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Mrs Fizzer and I have our first trip to Taiwan planned for September. We are booked for 9 nights at the Sheraton. I have 2 questions regarding SNA.
1. Is it worth trying to use 9 SNA on this trip? I know 9 at a time can be hard at the best of times but if they don't go through it will be harder for us to use them in the last few months. I guess the subtext is how likely we are to get upgraded even without SNA. Our experience in Asia ( well Thailand at least) was 100% without SNA.
2. If we opt to use SNAI see we have the option of a Diplomatic Suite or an Executive Diplomatic Suite. As far as I can see the difference seems to be Executive Lounge access only, which we should have as Plat anyway, or am I mistaken? Is it just a different floor, or is it like other Hotels with Towers, that we would get access to a lesser lounge somewhere?

Any help and guidance is appreciated. TYIA.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Fizzer
Mrs Fizzer and I have our first trip to Taiwan planned for September. We are booked for 9 nights at the Sheraton. I have 2 questions regarding SNA.
1. Is it worth trying to use 9 SNA on this trip? I know 9 at a time can be hard at the best of times but if they don't go through it will be harder for us to use them in the last few months. I guess the subtext is how likely we are to get upgraded even without SNA. Our experience in Asia ( well Thailand at least) was 100% without SNA.
2. If we opt to use SNAI see we have the option of a Diplomatic Suite or an Executive Diplomatic Suite. As far as I can see the difference seems to be Executive Lounge access only, which we should have as Plat anyway, or am I mistaken? Is it just a different floor, or is it like other Hotels with Towers, that we would get access to a lesser lounge somewhere?

Well, my experience in Asia is also 100% upgrade minus Sheraton Taipei....

Yes, the differences is only lounge access
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Fizzer

I guess my experience in SPG taipei is significantly different than Cathay boy. I have good success in Taipei; maybe I go there for family vacation alot. Anyhow, getting 9 straight nights confirmed with SNA and without SNA maybe tough.

You will not typically be upgraded to an "Executive" level. Those two or three floor are much better, since they are "glassed" off from the open atrium below. Therefore, the hallways are much cooler, and less smelly from the buffet restaurant down below. There are plenty of Diplomat suites, if those are not available, they will try to upgrade you to the "director's" room. Location is convenient. But we much prefer W Taipe.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Sheraton have upgraded us days before our check in even when there were no diplomat suite available. Did not use SNA. Odd. But very thankful.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Thanks Sink and Cathay Boy. We could have changed hotels mid way through to up our chance but the inconvenience just isn't worth it. We have limited time so want to use it the best we can. If we get a suite great , if not well life will go on.
We have decided to go with choosing both the Executive Diplomat as well as the Diplomat Suite to increase our odds. We chose the Sheraton because of the lounge, plus we suspect that we are not the target demographic for the W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.