Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Another ^ ^ for the Sheraton Taipei. Same experiences as described above: plat upgrade to a suite on the 9th floor bed, awesome lounge, great breakfast selection. I'm sure it'll be bumped up to a Cat 4 next year.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
This hotel is much improved and gives The Regent Taipei and The Westin (same company though) a run for their money.

I was there before the much needed re-model went under way. Talk about a blast into the 60s. The walls were stained, lighting within the room was quite poor and a lot of things were just wrong.

Just last month I had a reservation in the same Sheraton. Wow talk about a difference. Rooms were impeccable. Maids knowledgable with English. Concierge that gives SPGs well deserved perks. The buffet restaurant behind the elevators is well worth the extravagant money they charge. This hotel really has improved.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I was at this buffet and it was very dissapointing. The selection was poor as was the quality. The price I think was around 45USD. Total rip off. I am sure that most people had the Sheraton club card so it was 50% off for them. Not a good buffet. Try it and let me know what you think.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SJC
Good Report.

The Sheraton-Taipei is at a good location, IMHO. There is a MRT station within about 100 yards from the front door to the right - Jing An Temple Station. The Taipei Main Rail Station is about 10 minutes walk to the left.
The MRT station to the right is actually called Shandao Temple. The MRT is easy to use, inexpensive, air-conditioned, and clean. You can get a day pass for $200NT (good if you're going to be going all over the place on the MRT). After the day is over, you have 3 days to return it to the info/ticket booth at any station for a $50NT refund.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by tfong007
I was at this buffet and it was very dissapointing. The selection was poor as was the quality. The price I think was around 45USD. Total rip off. I am sure that most people had the Sheraton club card so it was 50% off for them. Not a good buffet. Try it and let me know what you think.
Didn't try the buffet at the hotel. With all the good, inexpensive eats available in Taipei, I only had one meal at the hotel... and that was breakfast in the Exec Lounge my first morning here, just to try it out (it was fantastic... lots of choices, good service).
Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
The lounge is the best I have ever seen. It had chinese, japanese and american food. Also lots of fruits and cereal. Incredible.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
"Standard" Suites at Sheraton Taipei

Lurker:

When you are back, would you kindly verify if the "Diplomatic" Suite at this property is considered a "Standard" Suite? If not, what is. Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:29 pm

Not sure if 'DNK' refers to the Diplomat Suite, but both times that I've been upgraded at the Sheraton Taipei, the room designation was 'DNK'.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
heyall. I'm just wondering if it really worth going to shearaton tpe. I'm visiting tpe for the first time, but have a friend whom i can stay with. However, I could splurge some points to treat myself if it's THAT good but Ive got no status so Im not sure if I will have some gimmicks like exec floor...
Lets put it this way, I would think it's stupid if i have to spend like 50 bucks cuz my friend's place is free and all sort of food is sooo nice and cheap in TPE. But if it REALLY as good as you guys have described, I would spend my 17500 expiring points on the room instead of a chocolate hamper to my friend. (I know the chocolate, by far, worth less than 175 bucks (probably even less than 75?) but at least its something we can enjoy, hence I would have to convince myself for the experence)
Any clue on what room I'll be getting and etc? Thanks for all!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Foady
Didn't try the buffet at the hotel. With all the good, inexpensive eats available in Taipei, I only had one meal at the hotel...
I'll be in TPE for about 35 hours and have the Sheraton TPE already booked. What is around the hotel for a solo traveller whose Mandarin-speaking ability has gone from bad to worse? Also, everyone advises me to visit the night market and I've noticed 2 that are mentioned often: Raohe & Shilin. Which one is easier to get to from the hotel?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
I know Shilin Night market is a short cabride fromthe Sheratonor you can take the MRT Danshui line to Chientan Station. Rao He should also be fairly close. Shilin is less organized that Rao he so some people find it more "authentic". You may also want to visit the Huaxi Street Tourist night market, Gong Guan-, Liao Lin-, Xi Men Ding- and Shida Night markets.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:24 am

I'm staying at the Sheraton Taipei right now. Just a quick note to advise everyone that there is FREE WI-FI in the Lobby. The electrical outlets are a bit inconvenient (people would trip on the cord), so you'll need to use your laptop battery.

Wired Broadband access in the room (non-elite floors), is TWD500 per 24 hours (approx. US$15.50).
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:59 pm

I thought the lunch buffet was quite good. Big variety of food to chose from. Didn't know about the price as I wasn't paying.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:36 am

A little trip report and update

Currently staying here now. Booked a superior room, upon check-in was offered an upgrade to a towers (executive floor) room for NT 2000, which I accepted. As gold, I suspect that I would have been in a standard room on the "SPG floor" had I not opted to take the upsell.

The upgrade to the exective package, among other things, offers free internet, lounge access (complimentary for plats) NT 500 daily in free laundry/dry cleaning, free local calls, and late check-out. Since internet alone is NT 500/day and buffet breakfast is NT600, taking the upgrade for NT 2000 to get the better room and other perks is well worth it.

Lounge hours are 7-11 pm and serves breakfast, afternoon tea, and a cocktail hour. There is all day coffee, tea, and other refreshments. Food is excellent. The cocktail hour is described as hors d'oerves, but the spread provided can easily substitute for a full dinner.

Rooms are well-appointed and offer L'Occtaine toiletries, which are regularly and generously replenished.

Great location next to the MRT. Service excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

Last edited by kuroneko; Mar 13, 2007 at 2:58 am
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
We were at Sheraton Taipei a couple of days ago. We used points for the room and were given a room on the 5th Floor. We were really only there for the day as our flight left at 11:00 p.m. We had the hotel send a car for us from Keelung (just got off a cruise) and then at 8:00 p.m. we had them take us to the airport.

The standard room was wonderful and the bathrooms are so zen. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Had lunch at The Guest House...it was a Sunday and the place was full. Excellent food and wonderful service. When we checked out, one of the staff was on hand to say goodbye to us...her name was Janice. She greeted us by name and asked how our cruise was. Took me by surprise because the only one who knew it was the reservations manager, who had asked her to meet us when we left the hotel.

I would love to go back to Taiwan and see more of the country and will definitely stay at the Sheraton when we go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.