Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:15 am

Sofa may work, depends on how it looks. I guess I will decide when I arrive if I want to pay for a rollway bed or do the sofa.

I spoke to reservations to see what kind of suite I am in and they said it will be an executive suite. I double checked that the notation for the upgrade is for all 3 nights, as each night has a separate confirmation number as I was unsure of my dates when I placed my booking. I decided that it's not worth the money for early check in, as I will be spending my morning touring Singapore at any rate, and for just a shower and to unpack I don't want to splurge.

Any risk of losing my upgrade if I cancel the first night online?

Also do the suites have terraces? Thanks everyone for helping me out!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:55 am

Wanted to let you guys know how it worked out. We arrived at 8am and were given a suite right away! At check in they also offered me 5pm check out when I had asked for 4. They also gave me a really good rollaway free of charge, so they really took care of me, and I'm rather impressed.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:36 am

That's great to hear. Did you email the hotel in advance to get all these goodies or did you ask for them on arrival?

Btw what sort of suite did you get and could you upload photos if possible? Some of us haven't been since the refurb and would like to know what it looks like now.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
That's great to hear. Did you email the hotel in advance to get all these goodies or did you ask for them on arrival?

Btw what sort of suite did you get and could you upload photos if possible? Some of us haven't been since the refurb and would like to know what it looks like now.
I emailed about the suite but everything else I did on arrival. We got an executive suite, I don't have pics with me now, I will check later and if I have I will upload.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Completed a two night stay here recently and was very impressed.

The location is great - right ontop of the Newton metro station and a quick walk to Orchard road. Oh, and did I mention, right by the Newton Hawker Center!? That was the real kicker for me.

Lounge is pretty standard for intl SPG properties and has one of the cooler entrances I've seen. I felt like Vader walking in.

Definitely would stay here again.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:59 am

i am at the sheraton s.pore now...

... and this is what i (lt. plat) got for S$ 300.-++

- a room as "big" as an airplane sh*thouse

- no showercabin

- minibar ( full contents of which would have been a
laugh anyway) not completely refilled

- heavy construction noise after 10 pm
and when i called guest service, i was told that
there was no construction, however, 20 seconds
after my call the hammering stopped

i have not been to this hotel for some years and
suddenly can remember why.

"Oriental" it will be next time...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Just checked in here for a 2 night stay- no platinum recognition or upgrade (despite even using suite night awards)

Asked the front desk at check in about upgrade and she informed me they upgraded me to a "high level" room, lame excuse. Room is just the standard room on 19th floor, SPG floor. I checked their website and plenty of suites were available.

Didn't want to make a fuss since it's been a long day and we're just here for two nights..

Typical free platinum breakfast and evening hours,etc.

Next time, taking my business elsewhere
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:04 am

Good to know, but ...

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Well for anyone interested in SMSing a cab.

You sms the zipcode of where you are to 71222

Send SMS with format "BOOK <zipcode> # <pickup point>"
For the Sheraton Singapore:

Send an SMS to 71222 with the text BOOK 228230 # SHERATON LOBBY

If you don't know the zip of where you are you can send FIND IKEA and it will send you options.

More information about the smartphone apps and other ways to book are at http://www.cdgtaxi.com.sg/commuters_...es_booking.mvn
... how do they know which time you'd want them to pick you up? And do they actually come into the lobby to get you?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by decentmove
... how do they know which time you'd want them to pick you up? And do they actually come into the lobby to get you?
This SMS option is only for those who needs a cab immediately. For advance bookings, you'll need to call or use the various mobile apps to call a taxi.

The cabs will just wait outside with an ON CALL red sign. You gotta be waiting outside at the driveway to look for the taxi. You'll probably need to hire a limo or Uber if you want them to come look for you at the lobby or assist with luggage.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:42 am

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:20 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by decentmove
Also, you will get an SMS with an estimate of when they will arrive (2-3, 5-7, 9-11 mins) and a call a few mins before they arrive.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:44 am

Good to know. Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:47 am

Location: Currently fais la navette entre les US et Paris. Lived in Scotland, Netherlands, and virtually everywhere in the US
Programs: AA 1M miles, UA Premier 1K, AF FB Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood/Marriott Gold Elite, etc.
Lounge access with points?

Booked 2 nights on the club lounge floor of Sheraton Singapore (don't have the points for the SR or W) with points and just realized I need a third night but no more club floor rooms are available with points. Is there a way to get club access with points for my standard room? I'm SPG gold. Or should I throw myself on the mercy of the GM? In which case does anybody have a name and email?

I'm just booking club for the breakfasts - are they worth it?? This forum seems to be pretty negative about the whole place!

Thanks

Jaycee
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JayCey
Booked 2 nights on the club lounge floor of Sheraton Singapore (don't have the points for the SR or W) with points and just realized I need a third night but no more club floor rooms are available with points. Is there a way to get club access with points for my standard room? I'm SPG gold. Or should I throw myself on the mercy of the GM? In which case does anybody have a name and email?

I'm just booking club for the breakfasts - are they worth it?? This forum seems to be pretty negative about the whole place!

Thanks

Jaycee
Definitely not worth paying for the lounge access just to get the breakfast... The quality of the breakfast is low and there isn't much of a spread to begin with...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
As I posted far upstream make sure you take a printout of your reservation stating club access is allowed because in our case they tried to deny access because the lounge is for Platinums Only. As we were Gold at the time they only relented ( and then as if they were doing us a big favour ) when I showed the printout which was pretty clear.

I agree that the breakfast in the lounge is so so but with club access I believe that you also get free breakfast in the main dining room which is much more extensive. The main advantage to the Lounge we found was the free alcohol in the evenings, which at the prices charged there can be a saving depending upon your consumption of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.