Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:44 am

I have to say this property is really starting to show its age. Even though the value is still there, relative to the lower prices they charge, it's starting to feel more like a dated roadside motel than a Sheraton.

I've also noticed more inconsistent Plat treatment. They seem to be much more focused on weddings, groups and conferences than the business or family traveller. Starting to move my business elsewhere to the point where I really only stay here now when there are no other options.

Cheers,
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Updating the thread a bit, as I've stayed at this property all but 2 weeks out of the last 20-25.

They've renovated all of the rooms now (or at least the sampling I've seen), all have flat panel tvs, and have also completely renovated the conference and banquet space. Views aren't much and there are no balconies. Elevators can be slow. Not the nicest rooms I've ever seen, but clean and adequate, and I've never seen a bug or anything out of place.

The club lounge is in the process of a reno and will reopen in February. Fare has not changed from what's been described.

As a Plat, I get upgraded to a suite most of the time, and find the staff here to be very friendly and accommodating, but by now they do know my face!

Parking is free and includes underground, which is a bit of a walk as mentioned earlier in the thread, but great when snow is forecast. There are 2-3 chinese takeout places in the attached mall, and a nice Indian restaurant (The Host). Across the street are a ton of decent restaurants within walking distance, as well.

It's not well located if you are looking for close to the airport or downtown and seems to me that it would not be a very good tourist/resort hotel. However, I find it good for a biz traveler and if you're looking to be in the northeastern suburbs.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
I've stayed here around 10 - 15 times in the last year!

As mentioned in last post Platinum lounge is under reno. They are doing a temporary lounge in the basement banquet area. Breakfast has been decent selection with some warm scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs most days!

Evening appetizers are nice and some warm and cold with always desert and cookie plate!

The service here is always excellent and I really enjoy the fact that there is a Starbucks in the lobby.

Usually I'm upgraded to a suite and the rooms are quite comfortable and even though this hotel is showing some age the newer rooms are nice!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:42 pm

In the year or so since my last post, I have to say their has been a great improvement with regard to the facilities and service.

The renovated lounge is great. Both morning and evening offerings are excellent. Breakfast this morning included some kind of cross between a quiche and a western, along with Canadian back bacon. Yesterday was very good scrambled and big slices of ham. Evening had coconut shrimp and chicken skewers. Both have a great assortment of fruit, veggies, cold cuts, etc... One morning they had deep fried pineapple!

Meanwhile, the staff training at front desk is very evident. A dedicated Plat line at check in, and a very thorough rundown of benefits & amenities.

And in the newly renovated rooms & suites, they have TV clickers that work! First time! And they also - finally - have a 'previous channel' button (pet peeve of mine)!

All in all, a very well run, nicely updated, property these days.

Cheers,
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by Flews
In the year or so since my last post, I have to say their has been a great improvement with regard to the facilities and service.

The renovated lounge is great. Both morning and evening offerings are excellent. Breakfast this morning included some kind of cross between a quiche and a western, along with Canadian back bacon. Yesterday was very good scrambled and big slices of ham. Evening had coconut shrimp and chicken skewers. Both have a great assortment of fruit, veggies, cold cuts, etc... One morning they had deep fried pineapple!

Meanwhile, the staff training at front desk is very evident. A dedicated Plat line at check in, and a very thorough rundown of benefits & amenities.

And in the newly renovated rooms & suites, they have TV clickers that work! First time! And they also - finally - have a 'previous channel' button (pet peeve of mine)!

All in all, a very well run, nicely updated, property these days.

Cheers,
I really appreciate this review. I had given up on this property over time and now will give it another shot.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:16 pm

Have had a lot more stays at this property. Good Plat treatment. Evident FD staff are well trained. New lounge morning/evening fare continues to be very good, verging on very, very good. Only negative is it gets crowded (the property, not the lounge) when hosting conventions/meetings/weddings, which happen frequently.

Still, dollar for dollar, one of the best values in Toronto.

Cheers,
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
good value in Richmond Hill

Originally Posted by Flews
Still, dollar for dollar, one of the best values in Toronto.Cheers,
I agree with Flews. The lounge - on the 9th floor of the York Tower - is very nice. Great views of downtown Toronto, and their hours are extended - typical for suburban properties (6:30-10:30 for breakfast, 17:30-20:30 for hors d'oeuvres).

The SPG rate of the day for today was $120 - making it good value for Toronto. Albeit, a car is pretty much required to reach the property.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Having a very solid stay at this property. Was upgraded to a renovated floor, was that was good. The suite room is very solid, with a modern feel, though they did retain some of the older items in less critical items like the dresser and bedstands. This is not a problem at all, they are still clean and functional. - in fact, I think it's smart. Mine was the jr suite with french doors - it's pretty much a 2 room suite.

Good job on the wire rack in the shower stall - it is a good size, and doesn't let items fall through like many hotel wire racks in the shower.

Attached Sheraton gym has all the basics in the basement. Perfectly functional, in good repair and nothing was visibly rusty or dirty or anything like that.

Club lounge is nice, though some of the company there might be different. Of particular note was a gent who decided it was a good idea to visit barefoot in PJs, and talk on the phone while munching down his snacks. Geez. Drink selections included espresso machine, selection of bigelow tea, coke products. The cakes they offer in the evening can be rather good. Hot items included spring rolls, fried shrimp tempura, mini spring rolls, bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes.

Gold welcome drink card had a no alcoholic drink exclusion. A little unusual, though I did have fun with customizing my drink at the hotel starbucks. Didn't make 15 USD though.

All the staff I interacted with was professional, friendly and knowledgeable. However, I did not see any newspaper choice, and they were not automatically delivered to my room.

All in all, I would stay again if I need a hotel in the area.

Last edited by pWei; Nov 29, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
good value if you have a car

Sheraton Parkway Toronto North - Richmond Hill / Markham

600 Highway 7 East Richmond Hill, ON CA L4B 1B2

good value if you have a car (0 Photo)

I completed a one night stay in early January, 2016. I was upgraded to a renovated suite on the 8th floor of the York Tower. A nice room c/w jacuzzi, walk in shower, and so so view. The SPG lounge (9th) was - unfortunately - closed for the holidays (?) so I was given Plat certs for full buffet breakfast (which was great) and evening hors d'oeuvres (really a meal!).

On the plus side, this property has:

• free parking with easy highway access;
  • decent pool;
  • good lounge (when its open)

I had an issue - but - this time the management were willing to step up and address it. I recommend this property for cheap stay in the GTA - if you have a car.

good value if you have a car

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North - Richmond Hill / Markham?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:51 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Well, what else is around?

600 Highway 7 East Richmond Hill, ON CA L4B 1B2

Well, what else is around? (0 Photo)

Was at the hotel for a week supporting a large conference.  The hotel rooms are reasonable enough, a better Sheraton--whatever a Sheraton means these days.  

The Internet was fast and strong, the parking was free, and the bed was good.  Would I ever stay here by choice? No.  But it was an ok conference hotel.  

Bathroom

Standard Sheraton. Toilet was a bit dodgy with flushes though.   

Check In

Quickly handled. Agent was a co-op student who worked via a script but was also confident in her overall manner and answers to specific questions  

Room

Recently refreshed, in the lower end West Tower.  Had a King bed and a pull out couch (which I didn't touch) which gave the room an airy feel to it. Power bar on the floor near the bed was somewhat useful for technology but would have preferred it mounted higher. In room coffee maker and a free large bottle of water.

There are fridges in all rooms.

Good if you have a car as it is at the 407 and 404, but overall in the wasteland of Richmond Hill/Markham.  Nothing of note around.  

Dining

Are only one meal outside of the conference. Breakfast was well priced and good, but the service was brusque.

Bar service was terrible and overpriced.

Well, what else is around?

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North - Richmond Hill / Markham?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Any recent reviews here?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Have stayed there a few times for local emergencies - found it adequate.
Free on site indoor parking, excellent plat treatment, typical North American lounge
offerings.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Have stayed there a few times for local emergencies - found it adequate.
Free on site indoor parking, excellent plat treatment, typical North American lounge
offerings.
Thanks, is there really nothing around? Staying for some business for a week and deciding whether a rental car is really needed.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:16 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Thanks, is there really nothing around? Staying for some business for a week and deciding whether a rental car is really needed.
There is a very odd mall attached to the hotel. Other than that it is a bit of a wall to anything. There is bus rapid transit on the road in front of the hotel that will take you along Highway 7 if you need it.

If you have a good amount of down-time I would get a car.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by danhunterpost

You didn't ask if there was anything around.
There's lots of strip malls around the area, but, no, this is the suburbs and there ain't that much to walk to.
I just checked Google Maps; I didn't see anything wondrous that has shown up lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.