Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Toronto Parkway North Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Dump?

Stayed here this past summer using points. It was not bad and would not call it a dump. It has sweet sleeper beds and it looks very much like other "Sheraton" Suite hotels in decor (i.e, Sheraton Suites Atlanta and Sheraton Suite in Chicago - Elks Grove). Is in a good area for excellent Chinese food (Dim sum for < $2 Can ). It has a lounge plus you can use the sports club for free. The sports club is ok but it offers indoor racquet courts.

When I think of a dump, it reminds me of hotels where I stay awake at night thinking how dirty the bed might be or if I will make it till the next morning. So take it for what it is - a cat 2.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:19 pm

We were there about a month ago and thought it was nice. We had a bedroom and another adjacent (though small) room. I'd say it was an above average property. Our next stop was the Westin Ottawa and our suite there was much nicer, but much more expensive.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
Go south..I urge you

This is no better than the Best western it is attached to. As a mater of fact they are the same owner and share a pool. You would think with 2 hotels one of them would pay to heat the pool. Rooms are old and tired even in the supposed new tower. Staff was awful and We had to walk though thier reception halls while formal affairs were going on to get to the pool. this shouldn't even be considered for a four points. Over priced for free.

Go the Prince youll love it.

Last edited by maxxmaxx; Nov 9, 2005 at 8:13 pm
Old Nov 10, 2005, 6:17 am
formerly sirgolf82

I would recommend the Sheraton Centre right in the city. Just like most Sheraton's outside the US, this one is excellent, I tihnk 4 diamond rating.

Club floor, if you have access, has great food.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
I have stayed there about 10 times over the last 3 years. I'm not going there again, even with my Amex SPG bonus. It's just not worth it.

I reserved a non-smoking room last time. I was given a smoking one, with non-working internet and TV remote. Front desk said they were full and couldn't move me. She actually started arguing with me that I had reserved smoking (my confirmation said non). No offer of extra points. I guess they have never heard of the Sheraton Service Promise. Breakfast is not very good either.

I now usually stay at the Courtyard or Garden Inn, newer hotels across the street.

With kids I would definitely head for the Delta Toronto East, 10 minutes South. It's got a pool with a deep end and a long water slide. Very cool. Week-end rates can be quite cheap. There's a movie megaplex close by too.

Upscale would be the Westin Bayshore, close to the theater district downtown.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum Pref, US Airways Gold Pref, Northwest Silver WorldPerks
Looks like there are still mixed reviews of this property. I really don't think I have much of a choice but to stay North (Richmond Hill) of the city as that is primarily where my family will be. All options downtown are out. They are great properties but a too far. The Westin Prince may be a little too far as well, so it looks like it will be a non-Starwood hotel (man, it kills me to say that!).
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Try it

Originally Posted by PITflyer2
Looks like there are still mixed reviews of this property. I really don't think I have much of a choice but to stay North (Richmond Hill) of the city as that is primarily where my family will be. All options downtown are out. They are great properties but a too far. The Westin Prince may be a little too far as well, so it looks like it will be a non-Starwood hotel (man, it kills me to say that!).
If you really want to stay at a Starwood, then stay at the Parkway North. With the current promotions, the deal is even sweeter.

I've been staying there almost ever year for 10 years. As a Platinum member you receive access to a great lounge with free hors d'oeuvres that can become a dinner, cookies, brownies, etc. and free breakfast.

Again as a Platinum member, I've almost always been upgrade to a suite in the towers section. The rooms are great and I have years pictures to prove it.

In terms of the staff, the front desk staff are fine, and the Club Lounge staff are excellent.

Stay there for a night, and if you don't like it, switch to the newer Courtyard across Highway 7. Otherwise I give this property a good rating.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel & Suites

Like most hotels in this area I assume occupancy is pretty low on w/ends ?

Has anyone stayed here ? What is upgrade consistency ?

gracias
Old Jun 15, 2006, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by celticanvil
Like most hotels in this area I assume occupancy is pretty low on w/ends ?

Has anyone stayed here ? What is upgrade consistency ?

gracias
the hotel is pretty good.. good location in Markham, staff was helpful.. lots of chinese restuarants to eat.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:39 pm

Host Indian restaurant next door...really looking forward to trying it.

Positives so far:
- decor
- front desk staff amenable to service requests

Negatives so far:
- hotel pool sucks big time...perfect for those location scouts needing a dark dreary place to shoot a pool death scene...especially the gaping cave of a hole where the hot tub USED TO BE.

Rooms pretty basic convention hotel fare....

Haven't checked out the adjoining health club where we are alleged to have access to...outdoor basketball court may be a nother big ++++++

It was nice to be lowly SPG Gold and offered Plat floor upgrade too...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
very, very average. yes they share the pool with the Best Western next door and its a stinker even by BW stantards. The Plat upgrade room I got was what a regular room would have been in most Hotels.
What was really a nice touch is that if you are in the tower you have to walk through the banquet hall area of the Hotel to get to the pool. I'm sure the wedding party loved our swim attire at their affair.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by maxxmaxx
very, very average. yes they share the pool with the Best Western next door and its a stinker even by BW stantards. The Plat upgrade room I got was what a regular room would have been in most Hotels.
What was really a nice touch is that if you are in the tower you have to walk through the banquet hall area of the Hotel to get to the pool. I'm sure the wedding party loved our swim attire at their affair.
Yes...friday night I was comingling with a bunch of drinkin' mounties (S/Sgt Larry 's retirement doo...saturday night I had to walk thru the wedding 3x to the underground parking and 1 time to "The Host" Indian Restaurant ^ which I highly highly recommend.

Actually didn't mind the health club pools as the water was nice and warm and the hottub allowed me & mrs to soak and watch the kids.

AnvilSon1 & I even returned later to shoot some hoops on the hardwood court...after all, who doesn't travel with a basketball ????

We would stay here again...however we would curb our enthusiasm and reduce our expectations.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:12 am

Apparently I love to reply to my own posts...
Had another stay here at the Sheraton Parkway North last month and it was a doozy! Arrived to see that front step of hotel had been dug up and a geyser of water was flowing like Old Faithful.
Apparently a water main broke at 9am (it's now 3pm) and they haven't been able to get city to turn off water.
At checkin I was asked (seriously, this is true!) if I wanted a room in the tower that did have water or the tower that didn't.
Looking very smart at dodging their attempt to trick me, I opted for the tower with water. Mentioned I'm gold and asked for if i had received an upgrade.
Sheraton Wormhole?
Front desk girl upgraded me to a non-smoking jacuzzi suite....but it was unbelievable that on the way to the room I was transported back in time about 20 years !!! It's true! The aging pink/coral marble bath and accoutrements of the room looked liked like my parents house growing up in the 80's...
...and for a non-smoking room the previous guest sured like to smoke! Even housekeeping noticed because they had hung little cardboard tree air fresheners from the sprinkler heads.
Didn't bother to complain since was actually relieved to have a room with running water under the circumstances.
Have now had enough stays at this hotel for one lifetime...its just too out of date.
The hotel manager was neat to watch as she stood and monitored the hole in the earth for the entire day that i was there....didn't budge an inch.

cheers,
the anvil
Old May 9, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Anyone stay here recently?

thanks !
Old May 9, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
A complete dump. Have stayed there a few times over the past year when I've been in north GTA. Rooms are worn and all smell musty. Breakfast is very average and unhealthy as cooks continue to use bare hands to transfer food (even after wiping their head, face, nose, etc). Have complained twice and was simply given the "we'll look into it" standard response.

Avoid unless it's all that's available.

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Anyone stay here recently?

thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.