Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Stay at one of the hotels near the airport(Natomas area)and don't waste any points-you can get really cheap on PL if you must.
Clubs close at 2-so whatcha gonna do in sacto for 4 hours?Better you should get some rest.
There is a new 4pts at the airport=but it is kindof expensive right now.
The airport itself is a huge snore.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:41 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
you mean

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Stay at one of the hotels near the airport(Natomas area)and don't waste any points-you can get really cheap on PL if you must.
Clubs close at 2-so whatcha gonna do in sacto for 4 hours?Better you should get some rest.
its kinda NOT OPEN ? it says opening in november....

dp
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
i was thinking of the holiday inn as it only requires 10000 pc points...
that would be a cheap option.

how much are the hotels if i priceline them?

dp
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I just realized.....you are leaving at 6:30 AM? Which means.....at hotel downtown no earlier than 12:30, asleep by 12:45, up at 4:45 am, to get to airport by 5:30 am? (And, depending on the day of the week, security at SMF in the UA terminal can be awful--2 weeks ago, it took me 75 mins to clear security.....no elite line.)

Don't waste points; don't waste time traveling; don't waste taxi money. There is a cheap Host Hotel in the airport. Very average but gets the job done for you.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:33 pm

as for priceline, it depends on what day you are looking for. Let me know the date that you will arrive in SMF and I'll try to look for you an gives u an idea how much ur looking to pay on PL out of the pocket
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:19 pm

ok

Originally Posted by kevinsac
I just realized.....you are leaving at 6:30 AM? Which means.....at hotel downtown no earlier than 12:30, asleep by 12:45, up at 4:45 am, to get to airport by 5:30 am? (And, depending on the day of the week, security at SMF in the UA terminal can be awful--2 weeks ago, it took me 75 mins to clear security.....no elite line.)

Don't waste points; don't waste time traveling; don't waste taxi money. There is a cheap Host Hotel in the airport. Very average but gets the job done for you.
so whats the name of the hotel?

dp
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:16 pm

try priceline it. they usually have good rate for the 1-2* hotel for few hours of stay.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:17 pm

any hotel

is there any hotel directly located at the airport?

i wish there was a homepage listing all hotels which are directly located to the airport.

dp
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
www.hostairporthotel.com

spooky website....spooky hotel. For the hours you're there, it might work. Very limited options if you want to spend less than $200 for this short visit.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Another Blah Sheraton Sacramento Experience

Stayed there for one night last week and most of what you've heard regarding complaints on this thread are still accurate.

Couldn't get any of the front-line staff to upgrade me based on Platinum status. It was obvious that the hotel was not full and the legislature was not in session - it should have been no problem what so ever. Called the service line and was give nthe standard "all our suites are sold out tonight" line. Was too tired to argue with management or get the SPG Platinum line involved.

Rooms were ho-hum. Nothing special to report.

Went to the lounge for breakfast and was surprised by how low-end the spread was. Not a single hot dish to be found - couldn't even make toast. Just some bad pasteries and a sad fruit plate.

It's the only Starwood in town, so you don't have a lot of choices. Although I have heard better things about the Hyatt.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:58 am

yep

Originally Posted by hedoman
www.hostairporthotel.com

spooky website....spooky hotel. For the hours you're there, it might work. Very limited options if you want to spend less than $200 for this short visit.
i ended up at that hotel.

hotel was fully booked so i bought some food and stayed in the lobby for 5hours.

had free wifi, and tipped the desk clerk 5usd

he was happy, and i was happy i could stay there.

dp
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Wow, I must be luckier than the rest of you

Just kidding, my experience was essentially consistent with everything else in this thread. Checked in at 11pm, right behind a United crew. Got a nice welcoming smile from the young lady at the front desk and "We've upgraded you to a nice suite".... tap tap tap...oh, sorry, it hasn't been cleaned yet; we can give you a nice room with 2 double beds instead." They had no rooms on the SPG floors w/king beds, and couldn't come up with a bottle of water that I could take to a non-SPG Club room that had a king bed (and at 11pm, there wasn't an open convenience store within convenient walking distance)

Went to the lounge on the 26th floor to print out a boarding pass and noticed that there were only 2 diet pepsis in the fridge, no water, and nothing else but a plate with one lonely cookie. Not great for a 24 hour lounge.

Valet parking is now $21 a night.

Not great for $229 plus tax.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:17 am

I just got back from four nights in the Sacramento Sheraton Grand and, though they weren't 'Grand' by any means, they were OK. (Shrug)

I asked three different people for a Plat upgrade and all of them told me they had nothing available---yet the hotel was obviously sparsely occupied. The only thing that I can think of is that on Sunday night (1/13) the Dallas Mavericks were in town to play the Kings on the 14th. Did they get all of the suites?

Since my last visit:
--New flat screen TVs in the rooms
--They have changed the coffee to Starbucks in both the rooms and the restaurant (Glides still uses Seattle's Best)
--The new Bliss toiletries have replaced Pantene
--New furniture in the bar
--Four new computers in part of what was Glides (45 minutes per session)
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
hello a todos, any recent stays a this hotel. will be heading out there tomorrow.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum
So how was your stay, gabo02?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.