Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Hotel Services
750 – 60 minute cycling tour for 2 people or day rental of dream bed for day
1500 – one way Innova transfer
2250 – Afternoon tea for 2 or 60 minutes tennis package
3000 - Room upgrade to Terrace Garden Room
4500 – Room upgrade to Terrace Pool Room
3750 - $60 resort credit for F&B/laundry
7500 - $120 resort credit for F&B/laundry

Destination Experience
9000 – VIP Devdan show (per person)
9375 – 8 hours Bali Tour for 3

F&B
1500 - buffet breakfast
2250 - buffet breakfast for 2
2250 - Sunday brunch at Prego
2625 - Legong Dinner Show
3000 - Japanese Dinner
3375 - Seafood BBQ

Spa
3000 – Express Mani or Pedi
4500 – Westin Kids Spa – Mommy and Me
5625 - 90 minute Tradition, Sacred Stone or Aspire massage

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, lights are turned off, and the international airport is closed.

Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9, in 2016. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort. All television channels will be switched to in-house movies due to broadcast silence. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools, garden areas, and some restaurants will still be accessible, except for the beach.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10, in 2016.

Hamabe Japanese Restaurant Closed: August 31 - December 1

From August 31 to December 1, 2015, Hamabe Japanese Restaurant is closed for refurbishment. During this time, guests are able to enjoy a selection of Japanese cuisine from both in-room dining as well as our Japanese Flair Theme Dinner at the beachfront garden on Monday and Friday nights. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I've stayed many times at Westins on paid stays and if they do not have a lounge they do not provide breakfast/drink benefits. This is totally up to the discretion of the hotel I believe and is not a published benefit for all of the Westins system-wide.

Sounds like getting broadband comped probably was the better "deal" anyway
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:51 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ldsant
I've stayed many times at Westins on paid stays and if they do not have a lounge they do not provide breakfast/drink benefits. This is totally up to the discretion of the hotel I believe and is not a published benefit for all of the Westins system-wide.
Those guys have a lounge, so that's why a lot of Plats feel bad at this property.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat.
Update on Plat Benefits

I just wanted to see if any platinums have stayed here recently and what was your experience with benefit.. from what I have read via seaches it seems that you do not get access to the royal beach club but you do get free breakfast and a free happy hour? Is this right?

Also would any plats recommend staying at the Laguna Nusa instead?

I am planning a 5 day trip in March..

Any info is appreciated!!

THANKS!
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by UALkid1
it seems that you do not get access to the royal beach club but you do get free breakfast and a free happy hour? Is this right?
Yes, that is correct.

And the free breakfast was a full breakfast which they usually charge approx USD18 per person. I cant imagine the Royal Beach Club offering a better breakfast, so I am not complaining. Late check-out was also offered but I didnt take it up.

I have only stayed at the Laguna as Gold, so cant compare the Platinum benefits. However, of the two resorts I do find the Laguna to be nicer.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
UALkid1, Please post your comments on the resort after your stay. I am in a similar boat as you. I will be spending 7 days in Bali in July and was wondering whether to stay at the "Luxury Collection" or the Westin. It sounds like the Westin has better perks for Plats, but I can't believe that as a PLat that you don't also have access to the RBC - doesn't make sense ??

Enjoy your trip !
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
It sounds like the Westin has better perks for Plats, but I can't believe that as a PLat that you don't also have access to the RBC - doesn't make sense ??
IIRC from my visit last year (and I may not) the RBC is marketed as a hotel w/i the hotel (or some such nonsense) and is not considered a Plat perk. There is lounge for Plats near the Japanese restaurant. It was closed when I stayed at the Westin -- there was a lot of construction going on at the time.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 3:30 pm

I was pretty unimpressed with the Westin: I'd stay at the Sheraton (again) if I go back.

I got a pretty hard sell at check-in to spend the $60 for the RBC upgrade. I made clear my Gold status and sort of got a blank look. A nice blank look, but a blank look nonethelss. I looked at the room I was initially offered and the RBC room I could have for the $60 upgrade. I could not see much difference. I elected to spend the $60 and, in hindsight, it was not worth the money. The RBC breakfast was good, though not as good as what I recall from the Sheraton's buffet. The afternoon drinks defined "free flowing:" no complaints there. The food on offer was good one night: soggy tempura from the Japanese restaurant the next. The staff was truly delightful, friendly and very helpful. But, excluding the breakfast (which I think I could have replicated at the Sheraton for $10 or so) I did not feel like the RBC was worth the $50 I, essentially, spent on red wine and appetizers in the evening. For that I could have taken a taxi to Sanur or Jimbaran and had a nice dinner on the beach.

You might be better off at the Sheraton which has an equally friendly staff and a terrific pool.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by Buckhead Flyer
I was pretty unimpressed with the Westin: I'd stay at the Sheraton (again) if I go back.

I got a pretty hard sell at check-in to spend the $60 for the RBC upgrade. I made clear my Gold status and sort of got a blank look. A nice blank look, but a blank look nonethelss. I looked at the room I was initially offered and the RBC room I could have for the $60 upgrade. I could not see much difference. I elected to spend the $60 and, in hindsight, it was not worth the money. The RBC breakfast was good, though not as good as what I recall from the Sheraton's buffet. The afternoon drinks defined "free flowing:" no complaints there. The food on offer was good one night: soggy tempura from the Japanese restaurant the next. The staff was truly delightful, friendly and very helpful. But, excluding the breakfast (which I think I could have replicated at the Sheraton for $10 or so) I did not feel like the RBC was worth the $50 I, essentially, spent on red wine and appetizers in the evening. For that I could have taken a taxi to Sanur or Jimbaran and had a nice dinner on the beach.

You might be better off at the Sheraton which has an equally friendly staff and a terrific pool.

you have to reserach on FT better.

the trick is to book the first night as a RBC room night.
the best is to use a SPG50 for that to bring the rate down to something around 150USD.
for the rest of the nights you just use points and book your stay.

than you can just pm one of us people who have stayed there, and who know who to pm than your whole stay would have been with RBC acess for free.
you get airport transfers for free etc. etc.

dp
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Gold benefits

Originally Posted by Buckhead Flyer
I made clear my Gold status and sort of got a blank look. A nice blank look, but a blank look nonethelss.
Not sure what you expect as Gold but when I was Gold I have never had any significant upgrade or lounge access in any SPG hotel.

Gold : Laguna gave me a 1 category upgrade (I enquired about a further category upgrade but was denied eventhough occupancy was only 15% then) and Westin didnt offer me any upgrade (manager eventually gave me 1 category upgrade after much discussion)

Buffet Breakfast : unless things have changed, the buffet breakfast at the Westin was far more extensive than the Laguna. However, the restaurant at the Westin was very crowded the few times I stayed there; while the Laguna was much quiteter, has a nicer ambiance and very personalised service (for a buffet).

Last edited by mario33; Jan 19, 2007 at 7:23 pm Reason: breakfast
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by derpelikan

the best is to use a SPG50 for that to bring the rate down to something around 150USD.

than you can just pm one of us people who have stayed there, and who know who to pm than your whole stay would have been with RBC acess for free.
you get airport transfers for free etc. etc.

dp
I guess I am trying to figure out what RBC access give you that being platinum does not besides the airport transfer.. We still get free breakfast and a free happy hour? So in other words is it worth paying $150 the first night and then using points for the next four to get RBC access? Also anyone know how much an airport transfer is in general?

thanks in advance for any advice!!
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Curious as it will be my 1ST time in Bali.
Have 4 nites booked in March.Hoping for some type of upgrade??
Do I really need to pay extra for the RBC as a Plat.??
How much is a taxi from the airport to the hotel??
Thanks for any Info.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by derpelikan

dp
My room rate was less than $100 U.S. so, even after spending the money to upgrade to the RBC, the rate was lower than I would have received using the SPG50. And, utimately, the rate I paid for the RBC room was exactly what I would have paid had I booked at RBC room from the start.

Last edited by Buckhead Flyer; Jan 22, 2007 at 2:38 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 22, 2007, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Not sure what you expect as Gold but when I was Gold I have never had any significant upgrade or lounge access in any SPG hotel.

Gold : Laguna gave me a 1 category upgrade (I enquired about a further category upgrade but was denied eventhough occupancy was only 15% then) and Westin didnt offer me any upgrade (manager eventually gave me 1 category upgrade after much discussion)

Buffet Breakfast : unless things have changed, the buffet breakfast at the Westin was far more extensive than the Laguna. However, the restaurant at the Westin was very crowded the few times I stayed there; while the Laguna was much quiteter, has a nicer ambiance and very personalised service (for a buffet).
As a Gold I expect little more than a gold-colored envelope for my room key.

That you had to undertake "much discussion" to get an upgrade at this hotel plays to my point. The Westin was less than 30% occupied during my stay. The RBC wing was empty. The floors were being chiseled up all day long. What incremental cost would the Westin have incurred upgrading me to the RBC gratis or at a discount. I can afford the $120 it cost me to upgrade: it's not about the cash, but more about the manner in which it was handled. To be offered the upgrade at, essentially, the full-fare was, I dunno, cheesy.

The fact that I did it anyway can be interpreted any number of ways.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:26 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
hi

Originally Posted by UALkid1
I guess I am trying to figure out what RBC access give you that being platinum does not besides the airport transfer.. We still get free breakfast and a free happy hour? So in other words is it worth paying $150 the first night and then using points for the next four to get RBC access? Also anyone know how much an airport transfer is in general?

thanks in advance for any advice!!
well, the RBC acess is worth it.
the time i have stayed there , there was not platinum lounge.the RBC is 24Hours open.

you have a great breakfast menu.
if you book your initial night as a RBC You get return airport transfer.
the airport transfer is with a normal limosine at least 35USD oneway.
taxi is around 15USD if i remember correctly.

what i did was, i booked the RBC for the first 3 nights with SPG50.
i addet 5 nights as award. and asked the hotel if they will extend the same suite and RBC benefit for the awards.

they did agree, after i got more points i changed the SPG50 to one night and reseverd the other two nights with points too.
after asking the hotel, they said it is ok, and i can use RBC and the same suite even i only pay one night.

i wouldnt pay 60USD night for the RBC, but if you can get it free of charge its worth it.

dp
Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:13 am
cxn

Arrived in Bali yesterday, staying at the Westin for work!

1) Arranged Airport transportation, $11 USD one way. A friend took a taxi, 85000 which is about $9.00. Personally, I like the one way price of $11 with someone waiting for me with a sign.

2) Upgraded to a executive suite, they said there are 8 in the hotel. It is basicly 3 rooms, Bedroom, Dining room, living room. I am Plat. Welcome Drink.

3) Free Breakfast at the Cafe Everyday!

4) Free Drinks during 'Happy Hour' 6 - 7pm as a Plat.

Nice Hotel, too bad I am in meetings all day .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.