FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:54 pm
derpelikan

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by Buckhead Flyer
I was pretty unimpressed with the Westin: I'd stay at the Sheraton (again) if I go back.

I got a pretty hard sell at check-in to spend the $60 for the RBC upgrade. I made clear my Gold status and sort of got a blank look. A nice blank look, but a blank look nonethelss. I looked at the room I was initially offered and the RBC room I could have for the $60 upgrade. I could not see much difference. I elected to spend the $60 and, in hindsight, it was not worth the money. The RBC breakfast was good, though not as good as what I recall from the Sheraton's buffet. The afternoon drinks defined "free flowing:" no complaints there. The food on offer was good one night: soggy tempura from the Japanese restaurant the next. The staff was truly delightful, friendly and very helpful. But, excluding the breakfast (which I think I could have replicated at the Sheraton for $10 or so) I did not feel like the RBC was worth the $50 I, essentially, spent on red wine and appetizers in the evening. For that I could have taken a taxi to Sanur or Jimbaran and had a nice dinner on the beach.

You might be better off at the Sheraton which has an equally friendly staff and a terrific pool.

you have to reserach on FT better.

the trick is to book the first night as a RBC room night.
the best is to use a SPG50 for that to bring the rate down to something around 150USD.
for the rest of the nights you just use points and book your stay.

than you can just pm one of us people who have stayed there, and who know who to pm than your whole stay would have been with RBC acess for free.
you get airport transfers for free etc. etc.

dp