Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Pretty standard airport Marriott. Average lounge. Many rooms have excellent view of planes landing.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
What about parking? Is there any way to avoid paying $20 + tax for parking?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:40 pm

No way to avoid the charge if you want park on property. If you have a rental car, return it before you check in.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't need to park on property, I'm more thinking in terms of side streets or cheaper parking lots close to the hotel.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
Stayed there in November and had the same question as the OP when I first arrived. The area is very industrial like with only the one main street; didn't notice any side streets to speak of and no parking allowed on the main road either. 100% agree with dayone: I checked-in then returned the rental car as I was flying out next morning.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:50 am

No "public" parking adjacent or close. There are some restaurants farther down (south) on Old Bayshore.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:52 am

i was there a year ago. There is a corporate bulding next door. Parked my car there and told that I was family of employee to security. No problems whatsoever.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem is that we are going to stay there for 2 nights and we are not flying out of SFO 2 days after checking out.

The reason I booked the hotel was that I got a really good rate.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
If you're willing to park a few blocks, there are some side streets with free parking in the area. Some have time restrictions but I believe those only apply during business hours.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
If you're willing to park a few blocks, there are some side streets with free parking in the area. Some have time restrictions but I believe those only apply during business hours.
Great! Thanks for the info! I don't mind walking a bit to save $20+tax.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I don't know if it's an option, but I've stayed at the Courtyard Oyster Point quite a few times. It's pretty good for a Courtyard, and is 5 miles or so close to San Francisco than the full Marriott. Free parking and, as of the last time I was there late last year, they still had the full buffet breakfast instead of the overpriced Bistro setup.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thinking about staying there because I'd like to try a FS Marriott in the US. I'm now thinking not having a car on the days I'm there.

How is the lounge (will be there during weekdays)? And how do they treat Gold?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:22 pm

Residence Inn Platinum Upgrade

I just checked in to the Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront into a one bedroom suite. They show that they have two bedroom suites available when I try to reserve one on Marriott's web site. In fact, I can reserve 2 two bedroom rooms.

Upon checking in I asked if it would be possible to be upgraded to a two bedroom suite as a Platinum. The front desk person said he would have to get the manager to find out. The manager came and told me he would but he doesn't have any available. I then informed him I was able to book one right then online and he said they have a two bedroom that is currently unusable and that room must have mistakenly gotten into the inventory.

Strangely, he apparently didn't remove either of the two bedrooms that are available because I can still reserve them online. I could possibly find out if they are really available by reserving one or both but would technically have to pay for them as it would be too late to cancel. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
They are lying to you and apparently not going to give it to you if a manager got involved.

I did this exact thing 2 years ago at an obviously empty RI over the weekend when we really needed it. Clerk denied over & over rooms the 2BR's were available until I went into the my tiny studio room, fired up my laptop & reserved SIX 2 BR's and showed it to her. She let me into a 2BR but said the manager would need to override the triple the studio rate.

The manager granted the upgrade and apologized via email several times.

Its easier to lie then just be honest and say we would rather take a chance on selling them. Maybe try to reserve more than 1 2BR, save a file/printout without reserving and showing it again.

I'd be more pissed off about the lying. After all, they don't have to give it to you available or not since its technically a suite. Vote with your feet and leave...
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:40 pm

I'm just pissed about being lied to - if they had just said we don't offer upgrades to 2BR I would have been fine with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.