Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Old Aug 28, 2001, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Does this hotel provide transportation from the airport. Staying one night after my HH ALON on the Big Island. Got a price of $34. with Priceline. This is for May. I think I'm bragging, since we get breakfast and don't care where we sleep, but if I have to pay for a cab, I think I may have blown it. Anyone know?
Old Aug 28, 2001, 7:45 pm

Living in San Francisco, I have never stayed here, but I have seen their vans circling the airport while I wait for the parking lot shuttle. The hotel is only about 2 miles from the airport and they do market themselves as 'Courtyard San Francisco Airport' )otherwise, who would stay in San Bruno??). I would be astonished if the van was not complimentary.
Paul
Old Aug 28, 2001, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Thank you SF Paul. You made a good deal even better.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I stayed there once, about 2 years ago. At the time, I flew into the old Intl. terminal, and there was a courtesy phone outside at the point where all the shuttles stop. I'm sure there's the equivalent of this in the other terminals, or in the new Intl. one. The shuttle was complimentary, with the journey taking about 10 minutes.

The hotel is also quite near the CalTrain station, which I found to be the best way to get into SF when I was staying there.

star_world
Old Sep 4, 2001, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
According to their published information, a hotel van is available from 5:15 a.m. until midnight. You need to call them for pickup, either from the courtesy phones located in baggage claim, or directly at (650)952-3333.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 11:31 am

Special rate at SFO Airport Marriott

Found this online and thought I would share. Interesting rate at SFO Airport Marriott, includes parking, breakfast for 2, internet, all phone calls, and taxes! See below:

Escape to San Francisco for $109 inclusive!

The San Francisco Airport Marriott is the perfect destination for a quick weekend escape to Northern California. Conveniently located on the shores of the San Francisco Bay, adjacent to the SFO international Airport, the San Francisco Airport Marriott provides easy access to all of the favorite San Francisco and Northern California attractions.

Package Includes:
Bay View room accommodations
Breakfast for two adults
Complimentary Self Parking
High Speed Internet Access
All Local and Long Distance calls
All taxes
*Available Thursday through Sunday,
*Thursday arrival requires a two night stay,
*Subject to Availability.
*Available dates 6/13- 9/03
*Rate code IXPA

As found at: http://www.gowestmarriott.com/specials/

Use promotional code: NCL if booking online
The AAA rate is cheaper but does not include all the extras.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
this is my preferred hotel on 49-er home-game Sundays (the team stays there too!) - and my weekend AAA-rate is only $80.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">

S.F. AIRPORT MARRIOTT SFOBG
1800 OLD BAYSHORE HIGHWAY
BURLINGAME, CA 94010
tel: 650-692-9100
fax: 650-692-8016

Hotel Information: http://marriott.com/SFOBG
ARRIVAL CONFIRMATION:
Confirmation Number: NNNNNNNN
Marriott Rewards Nbr: NNNNNNNNN Silver Member

Guests in Room: 2
Name: MR RUDI MARTEL
Number of Rooms:1
Arrive: Nov 14 2003
Depart: Nov 17 2003
Room Type: ROOM - QUALITY
Guarantee Method: Credit card guarantee VSXXXXXXXXXXXX8107/1203
Cancellation Policy:
-BEFORE 6PM DAY OF ARRIVAL

RATE INFORMATION:
Rate(s) Quoted in: US DOLLAR
Arrival Date: Nov 14 2003
Room Rate: 80.00 per night. Plus tax when applicable
Rate Program: AAA AMERICAN AUTO ASSC

SPECIAL REQUEST:
NON-SMOKING ROOM, GUARANTEED
1 KING BED, GUARANTEED
I.D. REQUIRED, NOTED</font>
[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 06-27-2003).]
Old May 5, 2004, 6:44 pm

San Francisco Airport Marriott

I am considering this hotel for a pre-flight overnight and would appreciate points of view. Thanks.
Old May 5, 2004, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by 0524
I am considering this hotel for a pre-flight overnight and would appreciate points of view. Thanks.
Here's a site with a few reviews (including one of mine).

Hope this helps!

[Edited to add]

GG makes a really good point in the next post about the shuttle and how it stops at the Hyatt before going to SFO. Coming from SFO, the Marriott is the first stop. I've stayed here and worked out of downtown SFO a couple of times, using the shuttle to and from the SFO BART station and it's pretty easy.

Also, if you are a football fan, I believe the 49ers use this hotel as their HQ. The night before a home game, you may see quite a few players arriving and they have a team breakfast downstairs in the morning.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 7, 2004 at 2:46 pm
Old May 5, 2004, 7:27 pm
GG

We were there for 3 days recently. It's not as nice as I remembered it from overnighting there on our return from a trip to Oz, but it was OK. Nothing special, but no problems either. We were at a very cheap rate. They gave us a C-Level room, which since we weren't doing a convention, was all we needed. The lounge is closed over the weekend, but we were given breakfast in the restaurant. We were pooped enough the first night we actually ate in the hotel restaurant, which was hardly brilliant but more than good enough for tired and hungry travellers. There are other restaurants within walking distance, but we didn't find anything special. The one across from the Marriott is at least not a chain; it is a throw back to the early '80s (a sort of Olde Englishy steakhouse); it did seem to have an enthusiastic local clientel - we ended up having an appetizer in the bar because the menu was Cow and More Cow and I couldn't face it. Sorry I can't remember the name, but you can't miss it.

What was handy is that we were able to have our meeting with people from San Jose and do some actual touristing in San Fransisco proper without having a car.

If you get in early enough, you can easily take the shuttle back to the BART station at the airport and go into SF for something really interesting for dinner.

The airport shuttle bus serves both the Hyatt and Marriott, so keep that in mind if you're timing your trip back to the airport to catch your plane. The Hyatt comes after the Marriott on the loop, and that can add a fair amount of time to the trip.
Old May 6, 2004, 9:57 am

Many thanks, folks!
Old May 7, 2004, 2:35 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I have stayed at this property the last few years on my way to and from Hawaii. Last year with the family had a Jr Suite facing the SFO runways on both legs. Nice enough place, very convenient to the airport.
Old May 7, 2004, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've stayed here when I've had meetings in SFO area, and also for small conventions. It's fine. Facing the runways can be a bit noisy in the am. I've been there on weekends when lounge wasn't open. The staff's always been good; beds comfy.

And - I just realized yesterday that I forgot to cancel a stay there last weekend, so I'm sure I've been charged. It was legit; I booked so far in advance for a meeting that I decided not to attend when I decided to attend the Freddies, that I completely forgot to cancel.

Does anyone know if I can get night/points credit since I'm sure my cc was charged (bill arrives next week)?
Old May 8, 2004, 5:14 pm

I stayed there last night, and I would do it again. Easy to find. Lively lobby lounge. Quck in and out. Quiet room. Decent rate. Since I was only there 11 p.m.-5:30 p.m., I didn't partake of food or beverage.
Old May 28, 2004, 7:49 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
which marriott at the san francisco airport

Arriving at sfo around 8 pm to begin a drive down the coast the next day. Which Marriott property would be the best considering we will be tired due to 2 hour time change and the next morning want to head out to Monterrey to beging going down the coast? Any suggestions as to where to stay around the Hearst Castle or Big Sur? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.