Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels at San Francisco Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The Aloft does not give breakfast on reward stays?

50k points for the Marriott Waterfront and Westin is very steep for me, esp. if the Marriott's lounge is closed (which I assume).

I'd pay $100+ pn at the Fairfield Inn and Suites.
SPN Lifer and RichH6109 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The 35K limit rules out the Westin SFO Airport (until the 15K top-up-with-points change is implemented), but I do like their convenient shuttle, and the wonderful San Francisco Bay Trail (asphalt footpath) across the street.

Westin SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

I stayed once in March 2011 (when a delayed UA flight arrived too late to take BART to the East Bay) and again in July 2019 for a job interview in the City.
Kacee and RichH6109 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi All,
Planning a stay near SFO area soon. Will rent a car so airport shuttle is not necessary. Right now I’m debating between Westin SFO and Marriott San Mateo. Any thoughts? Open to other options as well. My only requirement is a quiet and clean room. My budge is about $200 and I have a 35K cert to use. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
You won't be able to use your 35k cert. at the Westin SFO, but you could pay to stay there for a few nights and then use your cert. at the Aloft next door for a night. You'll get two stay credits that way and maybe more promo points if you stay soon enough.

Parking at both hotels is $30 a day. There is an In and Out Burger and an L & L Hawaiian BBQ a 12 minute walk away over the freeway.

If you want to save your cert. for a better use, I'd recommend the Athenee Luxury Collection Hotel in Bangkok.
mediator likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by mediator
Hi All,
Planning a stay near SFO area soon. Will rent a car so airport shuttle is not necessary. Right now I’m debating between Westin SFO and Marriott San Mateo. Any thoughts? Open to other options as well. My only requirement is a quiet and clean room. My budge is about $200 and I have a 35K cert to use. Thanks in advance.
I’d recommend Westin given proximity to the bay. Pretty nice stroll along the waterfront and views of the airport and runways, if you care.

Marriott San Mateo is nestled along a highway interchange and not very walkable in my opinion.

Also $200 won’t get you very far in this area unfortunately. I’m not sure if either one of those proprieties have rates that low.
SPN Lifer and mediator like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here last week on a last minute booking. Upgraded to a nice view of the water. M Club is still closed to got bonus points for that -- they do have some sort of a breakfast offering you can get in lieu of the M Club bonus points but my flight the next AM was early so wasn't worth it.

Airport shuttle was easy enough although I didn't realize it stopped at the Hyatt Regency too so I would probably go on the shuttle 15 minutes earlier next time but since I wasn't checking a bag it wasn't a problem.

Not sure occupancy level but the bar appeared to be pretty full the one night I was there.

Would stay again if I'm in a similar circumstance again (early AM flight from SFO)
Old May 30, 2022, 12:38 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Does anyone have updated info on the San Mateo Marriott? I read some recent negative reviews and am now hesitant to book there for an upcoming trip. TIA.

LAX
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Wanted to book a room on the Peninsula south of the airport after a late flight at the end of June and was annoyed by the parking charges at almost every single hotel. I can understand hotels in the City or at the Airport charging for parking but virtually every suburban hotel does too. Rates aren't insane ($10 to $25 at most places with an average of $15) but it seems like Bonvoy's competitors (IHG, Hilton, etc.) offer complimentary parking at many suburban hotels. Maybe it's because Silicon Valley real estate is so expensive; but that should, in the final analysis, be reflected in the rates (which are high). Anyway, eventually just booked with IHG since I hate to be nickeled and dimed.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

I will have a very quick layover at SFO end of September (arriving 1130pm and departing 6am so a short night).

Currently booked in the Marriott Waterfront but wondering if the Westin is better in terms of shuttle frequency/ shuttle drive? Just want to be as quick in the hotel and as quick back at the airport. Will fly Alaska if that is of interest. Where can I find the shuttle bus stop btw - similiar to the LAX Marriott outside the Alaska termina? - thanks all!

D
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

I will have a very quick layover at SFO end of September (arriving 1130pm and departing 6am so a short night).

Currently booked in the Marriott Waterfront but wondering if the Westin is better in terms of shuttle frequency/ shuttle drive? Just want to be as quick in the hotel and as quick back at the airport. Will fly Alaska if that is of interest. Where can I find the shuttle bus stop btw - similiar to the LAX Marriott outside the Alaska termina? - thanks all!
IME, the frequency is around the same. Every 15 min or so.

The Marriott is a slightly longer drive away (1/4 mi) than the Westin and the shuttle is shared with the Hyatt Regency (another mile or so down Bayshore Hwy), which would be relevant for the return journey (HR is 2nd stop). The Westin shuttle is shared with the Aloft, but those are basically next to each other.

The hotel shuttles pick up on the far curb from the terminal on the departures level.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

D
If you can afford it (either cash or points), the Grand Hyatt SFO Airport is on property so you take the inter-terminal tram rather than than any shuttle. For that tight a schedule, it might be worth it, I would also call the SPG hotels to see when their shuttles stop running (some used to have limited hours)
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
If you can afford it (either cash or points), the Grand Hyatt SFO Airport is on property so you take the inter-terminal tram rather than than any shuttle. For that tight a schedule, it might be worth it, I would also call the SPG hotels to see when their shuttles stop running (some used to have limited hours)
Good point. I think I will go to the Hyatt on that occasion, $100 more but maybe worth it to get 45min more sleep and not to have to catch a hotel shuttle at 430am. Thank you
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:03 pm

Is the M lounge re-open yet for the Waterfront property?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
Is the M lounge re-open yet for the Waterfront property?
Called the property yesterday to confirm, it's open now. 6a-1030pm weekdays
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have a one-night stay coming up at SFO and am currently booked at the Marriott Waterfront. The Westin is $8 cheaper, and the Aloft is $18 cheaper. The Marriott does give me a 500-point bonus as part of a corporate rate.

I wasn't planning on having breakfast at the hotel, so that isn't terribly important to me. I was about to switch to the Westin but have read some not-so-great reviews about it which made me question the decision. Back in late 2010s I used to stay at the Aloft somewhat regularly, so I know what that property is all about, and I stayed at the Westin a couple of times (and remember I thought the bar downstairs was overpriced).

At this point I'm starting to think maybe I should just stay put

-J.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.