Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Exec Lounge Access (when booking multiple rooms)

Old May 25, 2022, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,

I am a Titanium Member, I have a reservation at a Marriott property for multiple rooms, I was advised that I would only get Exec Lounger access for one of the rooms.

Always when staying at Marriott properties I have had access for every room that is booked in my name, is that correct as per the terms and conditions? I am also top tier Hyatt, Hilton, always had access for multiple rooms therefore trying to work out if this is the norm.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a Titanium Member, I have a reservation at a Marriott property for multiple rooms, I was advised that I would only get Exec Lounger access for one of the rooms.

Always when staying at Marriott properties I have had access for every room that is booked in my name, is that correct as per the terms and conditions? I am also top tier Hyatt, Hilton, always had access for multiple rooms therefore trying to work out if this is the norm.
For brands that provide Lounge Access as a benefit to Platinum Elite and above, it only applies the room occupied (and paid for) by the member plus one additional guest also staying in that room. That's clear in the Terms & Conditions.

Hotels can provide benefits above and beyond the published benefits.

You could book a room category that includes lounge access for the other rooms. Hotels with M Club lounges often sell M Club access for guests staying in any room, regardless of Marriott Bonvoy level.

You could also contact hotel management ahead of time making a case that the hotel should go "above and beyond," especially if you have a history of staying at the hotel in the past.
jtp1947 and Tanic like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by Horace
For brands that provide Lounge Access as a benefit to Platinum Elite and above, it only applies the room occupied (and paid for) by the member plus one additional guest also staying in that room. That's clear in the Terms & Conditions.

Hotels can provide benefits above and beyond the published benefits.

You could book a room category that includes lounge access for the other rooms. Hotels with M Club lounges often sell M Club access for guests staying in any room, regardless of Marriott Bonvoy level.

You could also contact hotel management ahead of time making a case that the hotel should go "above and beyond," especially if you have a history of staying at the hotel in the past.
This is a rewards stay for four rooms, all rooms are booked in my name/ MR account. Whenever i have booked multiple rooms In the past I have had the breakfast benefit / lounge access.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:49 am

This is a rewards stay for four rooms, all rooms are booked in my name/ MR account. Whenever i have booked multiple rooms In the past I have had the breakfast benefit / lounge access.
As already answered, by T&C u r only entitled for your own room and not multiple
Old May 25, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Whenever you have booked multiple rooms in the past, the hotel has gone beyond the published benefits. Consider yourself lucky.

These could be cases where hotel managers understand that treating elite guests well is good business. Or these could be cases where hotels do not understand what the published benefits are.
JBa and Tanic like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:17 am
JBa

Programs: some
Please read the T&Cs regarding lounge access. Then you are not disappointed when access for other rooms is denied. From experience I can say, I had mixed success. Sometimes the one room only, other times both or multiple rooms. Sometimes only two guests and had to pay for third person. It's all up to the property
Old May 25, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Incidentally, the rules are the same at Hilton - only the room the status member is staying in gets access. Sounds like the OP has been getting lucky all over the place!

Whenever I book multiple rooms, I book exec level rooms for those I am not staying in to save any hassle.
JBa and ajamieson like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ao40
Incidentally, the rules are the same at Hilton - only the room the status member is staying in gets access.
And I do believe its the same with Hyatt as well. It is possible in the past hotels might have been more lenient with giving access, but might be tightening the screws on benefits now.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
And I do believe its the same with Hyatt as well. It is possible in the past hotels might have been more lenient with giving access, but might be tightening the screws on benefits now.
but with Hyatt, one can pretty much guarantee additional room access with the useless Club award certs (for rev stays) earned on ones way to globalist or in this case just book WOH and be done with
since its awards.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Some hotels may sell lounge access for additional guests in other rooms.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Then the hotel was being nice as that is well above and beyond what they were required to provide
Old May 25, 2022, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Four rooms is very different from booking one room for one extra person. How many total people will the OP put in those four rooms?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
While I have generally had good luck when I ask getting three people lounge access (or breakfast in the restaurant if lounge is closed), I know I am only entitled to two people: myself+1 guest. My 2nd guest is my daughter and properties are usually family friendly but it is all dependent on good will from the property. I do think it makes good business sense to do this for members during leisure stays with their families. It helps incentivize me to stay loyal during business trips.

All that said, it is also I think a question of degree or scale. Unless the property has high occupancy during the stay (where they get a much better reimbursement rate), they get minimal reimbursement per room for award stays from Marriott. So I would say there is a decent chance the property is even slightly in the red for an award stay if the elite member doesn't spend cash at the property for incidentals and/or additional services. Multiply that by 4 rooms and the loss is potentially that much greater. One could also argue that anyone who amasses that many points is worth courting their business and should comp lounge access for all people staying in all of the rooms to help win future business from the elite member. At the same time, the elite member may not use the property their staying at for the award stay for business travel. So the property would only be helping the program at a macro level rather than themselves by granting the additional lounge access. Where I am going with all of this? I think it is a slippery slope on where the ROI for granting the additional lounge access as a courtesy is no longer worthwhile to the property.

My approach remains the same, ask nicely for elite member+2 (wife and daughter) rather than just elite member+1. Usually the request is granted. If not and I only get myself+1, then so be it and I don't complain. I do note it and am less likely to use the property for either paid or award stays in the future. YMMV...

--Jon
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just had my first denial of multiple rooms getting breakfast amenity at a hotel in Berlin. Not even sure why since the check-in agent confirmed it would count for both rooms. The next morning my friends in the second room were told they had to pay. I took care of that bill with the front desk (they wrote it off) but told me my AMB status would not extend to that room and they would have to pay. No biggie. I know it's going above & beyond if the hotel does allow it.

This is contrasted with literally every other time I've asked (and it usually only happens 1x a year, if that) when they say, "Of course, and thank you for being an AMB member." London and a different hotel in Berlin come to mind.

-RM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.