Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Earn 10x points with PayPal on Marriott Amex cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 10x points with PayPal on Marriott Amex cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster

DP….I bought some eBay items using PP. One purchase showed EBay purchase anther listed as PP/EBay. Odd?

TD

Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I see Apple takes Paypal, might be time for the new iPhone13 Pro and Macbook Pro. But will wait for a United Shopping or Rakuten promo to stack up the earnings.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I see Apple takes Paypal, might be time for the new iPhone13 Pro and Macbook Pro. But will wait for a United Shopping or Rakuten promo to stack up the earnings.
i believe the terms usually exclude the latest phone model.
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Some related threads to mine for ideas:

From the $30/month AMEX promo in the first half of the year:

American Express Platinum: $30 PayPal Credit Per Month Until June 30

Current Q4 Chase Freedom category (wiki for this thread is largely copied from the AMEX thread)

Q4 2021 Chase Freedom Cards--5% bonus: Walmart & Paypal Purchases
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:47 am

Quick question...
If using Paypal via say, Wal Mart and the charge is listed as Walmart.com how is amex meant to tell what qualifies as PayPal?
They always manage to short purchases on points, credits, and everything else.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Helpmeout
Quick question...
If using Paypal via say, Wal Mart and the charge is listed as Walmart.com how is amex meant to tell what qualifies as PayPal?
They always manage to short purchases on points, credits, and everything else.
Is the charge still pending? From the wiki of the AMEX thread I linked above: "While a PayPal charge is pending, "PayPal" may not appear in the merchant description but will once the charge posts (e.g., a pending charge listed as "BESTBUY.COM" will become "PAYPAL BESTBUY.COM"). The reimbursement appears as "AMEX PAYPAL CREDIT", typically around 3 days later."
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just received the 10x offer (50k max bonus) via email. Deadline is 12/31. If you value MR at .006 per points (generous) then you are receiving 6% ROI which is very good.

However keep in mind that if anything goes wrong with your transaction you will find paypal is a nightmare. Impossible to reach customer service or even find a way to contact CS. Amex will not reverse or dispute the charge unless somebody stole your card. You have to attempt to open a dispute with paypal payments, which is separate from your regular paypal account. For this reason I will never use paypal unless absolutely necessary (i.e. for the rare eBay purchase).

So...my advice - if you want to use paypal do it for purchases that you are unlikely to return or otherwise dispute.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
So...my advice - if you want to use paypal do it for purchases that you are unlikely to return or otherwise dispute.
Charitable donations being an extreme example of unlikely to return or dispute
Boraxo, SPN Lifer and renila like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Charitable donations being an extreme example of unlikely to return or dispute
that's what I am planning for the 50k bonus points So just to be certain this is 6250 x 8 = 50000 and not 5000 x 10 = 50000. It say 50k bonus points so I think it is the former.
I also love that the bonus points credit right away.
Zorak and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
So just to be certain this is 6250 x 8 = 50000 and not 5000 x 10 = 50000. It say 50k bonus points so I think it is the former.
Concur.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
that's what I am planning for the 50k bonus points So just to be certain this is 6250 x 8 = 50000 and not 5000 x 10 = 50000. It say 50k bonus points so I think it is the former.
I also love that the bonus points credit right away.
That’s 8 additional points on top of the points you already earn with your Card for eligible purchases”

So yes. Spend $6250 for total bonus.

TD
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:54 am

Do amex offers stack with this? I see varying levels of success
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Anyone else notice that these bonus points posted on the same statement as the Paypal charges?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by christianj
Anyone else notice that these bonus points posted on the same statement as the Paypal charges?
The bonus has not been posted onto my Bonvoy activity statement yet. I assumed it will post after the deadline to register for the promo (12/1)?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by rice4u
The bonus has not been posted onto my Bonvoy activity statement yet. I assumed it will post after the deadline to register for the promo (12/1)?
Have you had a bill post since registration? I got the bonus points on charges which are on a bill that just arrived in the mail this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.