Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How to get Missing Points Credited After Checkout

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold

It seems that Marriott's system for awarding points on incidentals in 2021 is either broken or deliberately designed to under-award points. You MUST check your account after every stay because it seems as though they almost always under-post the amount of points owed. It seems the points for room rate spend always post correctly, but incidentals are the problem. I have had to do this three times so far in 2021 - one time I was missing over 25,000 points for a stay.

I have tried several methods, but this one seems to work the best:

Call Bonvoy Account Services at 800-627-7468. It can be challenging, but tell the automated system you need to speak to an agent about missing points. The agent has to open a case. Get the case #, then email the final folio explaining the missing points situation to [email protected] along with the case # in the subject line, and they will credit you the points, usually within 48 hours or so.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
It seems that Marriott's system for awarding points on incidentals in 2021 is either broken or deliberately designed to under-award points. You MUST check your account after every stay because it seems as though they almost always under-post the amount of points owed. It seems the points for room rate spend always post correctly, but incidentals are the problem. I have had to do this three times so far in 2021 - one time I was missing over 25,000 points for a stay.

I have tried several methods, but this one seems to work the best:

Call Bonvoy Account Services at 800-627-7468. It can be challenging, but tell the automated system you need to speak to an agent about missing points. The agent has to open a case. Get the case #, then email the final folio explaining the missing points situation to [email protected] along with the case # in the subject line, and they will credit you the points, usually within 48 hours or so.
I used to do this monthly on my drive to the office, except they would not ask for the folio because it was available to them.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've also seen that incidental spend this year is horribly broken. In fact I just had a stay where they only posted $15 of a few hundred in incidentals. Makes zero sense, and now I have to chase after them to get it corrected. Fortunately I have the folio copy in email so I use the missing stay form and explain that they didn't credit the incidentals and its usually corrected, although I had to go back and forth on one occasion.
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.