Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Philadelphia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by cornwall4000
there are atill some decent w's left in america - minneapolis, westwood come to mind - but this philly version was a total fail for me.

element and ritz on either side of it offer exponentially better MB experiences.

shame, as the hard product is decent, views are good.
How does RC compare to this W? I stayed at the RC for weeks on end a few years ago and thought it was terrible (OK rooms, terrible service, mediocre food). Ws going to try W at same price as RC, but should I go RC?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aa4ever
How does RC compare to this W? I stayed at the RC for weeks on end a few years ago and thought it was terrible (OK rooms, terrible service, mediocre food). Ws going to try W at same price as RC, but should I go RC?
The Ritz in Philly is probably one of the worst Ritz's in the chain. The W is certainly better and the Notary slightly edges the W in Philly, in my experience.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: all of 'em.
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
The Ritz in Philly is probably one of the worst Ritz's in the chain. The W is certainly better and the Notary slightly edges the W in Philly, in my experience.
horses for courses.
the ritz is nothing to write home about, agreed it lets the overall chain down.
but that W being 'certainly better'? it's a newer (and more shoddily built) hard product. that's it.

it's the single worst hotel experience i ever had. unfamiliar w notary, but there's rittenhouse, fs and a bunch of kimptons to pick over it.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Disregard this question as my NUA cleared for the WOW Suite.
The WOW Suite is certainly impressive, and the front desk associate was warm and welcoming even before she saw my name or profile.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The WOW Suite is certainly impressive, and the front desk associate was warm and welcoming even before she saw my name or profile.
While not a perfect stay, I still generally like the W Philadelphia and would definitely return. The bed quality and the views really make this hotel. Here are my impressions:
  • Used NUA to upgrade a $190 base room booking on a Friday night to the $2K+ Wow Suite - it seems there are several layouts of these, including some with a pool table, which I didn’t get - mine was on the 48th floor and had lovely views
  • Large living room with large couch - couch is decent, but more design than comfort
  • Bed is very comfortable - very plush mattress, plush pillows, covers were thinner than I remember but decent with foot blanket, linens soft and comfortable
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was fine - wand head had great pressure, though
  • Delivered box of milk chocolate covered raisins as welcome gift
  • Beautiful views from the large terrace
  • Suite-wide sound system for Bluetooth music
  • Terrace doors were a bit loose, didn’t seem to actually lock, and could make some noise with the high winds - not an issue during the night or noticeable from bed
  • Temperature control in the shower was loose and non-functional - took 30ish minutes to get Engineering up and 30ish minutes for them to fix it
  • No soaps or shampoos in the shower - housekeeper that came up was friendly and did apologize (handled during the temperature fix around 9 PM)
  • Told I could get 4 PM late checkout but that I should confirm in the morning - as it wasn’t listed in the system on the pre-bill, Housekeeping knocked around 11:30 AM even though they were happy to put it when I asked in the morning
  • Breakfast at Dolce was good - enjoyed my salmon Benedict - they add a 20% service charge - my Benedict and coffee came out to $28 but was wiped at checkout without prompting - if it’s still a $40 credit, that wouldn’t be enough for two people

I will likely come back - it’s a fun hotel.

Photos:

Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
While not a perfect stay, I still generally like the W Philadelphia and would definitely return. The bed quality and the views really make this hotel. Here are my impressions:
  • Used NUA to upgrade a $190 base room booking on a Friday night to the $2K+ Wow Suite - it seems there are several layouts of these, including some with a pool table, which I didn’t get - mine was on the 48th floor and had lovely views
  • Large living room with large couch - couch is decent, but more design than comfort
  • Bed is very comfortable - very plush mattress, plush pillows, covers were thinner than I remember but decent with foot blanket, linens soft and comfortable
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was fine - wand head had great pressure, though
  • Delivered box of milk chocolate covered raisins as welcome gift
  • Beautiful views from the large terrace
  • Suite-wide sound system for Bluetooth music
  • Terrace doors were a bit loose, didn’t seem to actually lock, and could make some noise with the high winds - not an issue during the night or noticeable from bed
  • Temperature control in the shower was loose and non-functional - took 30ish minutes to get Engineering up and 30ish minutes for them to fix it
  • No soaps or shampoos in the shower - housekeeper that came up was friendly and did apologize (handled during the temperature fix around 9 PM)
  • Told I could get 4 PM late checkout but that I should confirm in the morning - as it wasn’t listed in the system on the pre-bill, Housekeeping knocked around 11:30 AM even though they were happy to put it when I asked in the morning
  • Breakfast at Dolce was good - enjoyed my salmon Benedict - they add a 20% service charge - my Benedict and coffee came out to $28 but was wiped at checkout without prompting - if it’s still a $40 credit, that wouldn’t be enough for two people
I stayed in the standard room last weekend and I didn’t get a box of chocolate welcome gift! nice score

W service seems a bit sloppy. I was missing a hair dryer, no shampoo but 2 washing gels. The mini bar had a missing item when I checked in and they tried to bill me for it when i checked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.