Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

More Benefits for Ambassadors and Titaniums By Devaluing Platinum Benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Benefits for Ambassadors and Titaniums By Devaluing Platinum Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Funny, it was stated at the time by Marriott (post-crossover) that they observed far more Marriott loyals sampling the Starwood offerings than the other way around.

Why is that? S(uperior) P(remium) G(randeur) I would guess...
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by lsquare
For all the Ambassadors and Titaniums complaining about the number of Platinums, I'm just wondering if you achieved your higher tier status with your own money or OPM? If it's OPM, I'm not really sure how valid your opinion really is since you're getting a helping hand to achieve a higher tier. Not all that different with Marriott being very generous with people in lower tiers at the moment.
Titanium here and always with my OWN money, no business travels for me, neither branded credit cards (non-existent in Italy)...
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Titanium here and always with my OWN money, no business travels for me, neither branded credit cards (non-existent in Italy)...
while I see how using one’s own money (esp. without credit card nights) appears to be more difficult and personal in obtaining/retaining status as compared to someone on OPM, that argument only makes senses if all else equal in pay between the members being compared. Someone making $100k USD a year with no OPM travel versus $75k USD a year with OPM travel for a similar position, seems like will be losing out on up to $25k. Of course there could be thousands and thousands of variations to this “what if” scenario which is basically what started this thread.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Funny, it was stated at the time by Marriott (post-crossover) that they observed far more Marriott loyals sampling the Starwood offerings than the other way around.

Why is that? S(uperior) P(remium) G(randeur) I would guess...
Well I too "sampled" the offerings only to quickly find that Rewards Platinum Premier was considered a tarnished Member not worthy of the stated benefits of the SPG "Elites" who could claim the distict honour of being the loyalist of all loyality with their 25 night Platinum Status, and I retreated. Their Marriott Rewards Silver equivalency beckoning the value of Platinum while (S)ensationalizing (P)rogram (G)utting.

James
Old Jun 22, 2020, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Same here from Malaysia. I do wish AMEX/Chase offer the Bonvoy CC here. Lol. Save 15 nights with extra points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.