Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

When Moving Up in Status, Do You Need to Rebook Prior Reservations?

Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

In order to gain the benefits of the enhanced status, that is. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
In order to gain the benefits of the enhanced status, that is. Thanks!
ime, no but the property themselves will need to refresh your status onsite sometimes. Plus if not refreshed prior to arrival, you might be cut from pre upgrades so I would call or rebook if the rates are the same.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
What myperks says. No need to do anything before arrival at property if you don't care about upgrades - it just takes the clerk a moment to refresh your profile and all of your other bennies don't depend on check-in.

QUOTE=myperks;32477308]ime, no but the property themselves will need to refresh your status onsite sometimes. Plus if not refreshed prior to arrival, you might be cut from pre upgrades so I would call or rebook if the rates are the same.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
It is one circumstance where carrying your new Bonvoy Status card does some good. Just hand it over with the payment card. Or tell them you have just been promoted. At least in the olden days they had to look and refresh.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
If you can and with no penalty or increase in price, do it. I missed out on many upgrades when I moved up to Platinum. Took me at least 4-5 stays to figure it out.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by justforfun
If you can and with no penalty or increase in price, do it.
Exactly. I only remember one benefit that was based on earliest reservation date, and I don't know if that's even still the case (SNA?). If it's just a straightforward reservation, at the same or lower price, it won't hurt.

If the cost has gone up - the odds of if making a difference are small, so I wouldn't bother.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by myperks
ime, no but the property themselves will need to refresh your status onsite sometimes. Plus if not refreshed prior to arrival, you might be cut from pre upgrades so I would call or rebook if the rates are the same.
Call the hotel (or write to them) and tell them your status changed. They should refresh and you'll get the appropriate perqs when you check in.
SPN Lifer and nexusCFX like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.