Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by bobcat745
thanks for The review. What’s in the tea session?
selection of tea and a small plater of rolls & wraps.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:30 am
wkc

Anyone want to take a crack at compiling a Top 10 list of must-dos while staying here? I'd like to get a better sense of which experiences were comparatively more enjoyable than others.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
selection of tea and a small plater of rolls & wraps.
Strange. I will stay there in October and started to receive their emails to confirm my arrival/departure flights, preferences, etc.
I asked if the afternoon tea is back as I saw your post here and they said no. Just the 20% breakfast discount at La Locanda and 30% discount at Arabesque during lunch for platinum/titanium bonvoy members.
When was your stay?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott T- Elite
Folks, I just booked Ritz for Sept of 2023 with Bonvoy points? How do I request a particular room number? Or I don't have an
option to request a room number?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:46 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hello, we are glad you decided to book with us. We do not assign room numbers until check-in time.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:39 am

thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:47 pm

QR codes/menu link

Hello does anyone have QR codes or a link to the menus? I know the food is listed on the website but we are looking for alcohol and minibar alcohol prices. Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lks920
Hello does anyone have QR codes or a link to the menus? I know the food is listed on the website but we are looking for alcohol and minibar alcohol prices. Thank you!
We just finished a 5 night stay last week. Will post a detailed review when we get home. Here’s the link for all the menus: https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:50 am

How was the weather during your stay?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:10 pm
LAG

The lack of information here (or anywhere) is likely giving me my answer already, but does anyone know more about the Half Board? The emails I've received are vague and I truly don't know what it means or whether it's at all worth the cost.

"Additionally, guests are able to avail dinner at Summer Pavilion (Selection of 4 tapas and 1 dessert ), Iwau (excluding Sakura menu however, with an applicable 50% discount), Arabesque once per stay only."

Does this mean we can dine once PER other restaurant or once in total to ONE other restaurant on the Half Board? I asked this question and the response was more confusing....

"Please be informed that you can dine to either of the restaurants options provided once per stay."

So clear as mud? Is there any benefit at all to prepaying for the half board at $225pp? Or is there just no way we'd reach that amount a la carte since it doesn't include alcohol? The half board includes the breakfast buffet and dinner.

I'm guessing since there is so little info searching these threads no one does the meal package, but any confirmation / info is much appreciated!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Yeah, that was our conclusion LAG , we'd didn't want to think that hard about where we're allowed to have dinner, and whether we'd also have to pay something. I'd put the effort in if the HB deal is worthwhile, but at $225pp, it's no deal.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:20 am
LAG

Appreciate it! I think we're leaning that way as well for the same reasons.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sohigs
How was the weather during your stay?
We had 3 good weather days and 2 days of heavy rain&wind. Luckily we had a sunrise room which blocked the strong winds and we could still enjoy our pool. The sunset villas would be unbearable with the strong winds blowing from west to east.

We had villa #336 which I believe is closest to the reefs and seeing some wildlife. The neighbouring villas (335 and 337) are also great options. We loved that the RC Maldives provided free water, soft drinks, and snacks in room..

Breakfast buffet was decently priced at $65 (-20% for elites) if you want to try lots of options. We did this for the first day only. We found the American breakfast set from the In Villa Dining menu to be excellent value as one set was enough for two people.

We tried the Maldivian buffet night at ~$220pp and there were smaller lobsters, shrimps, and all kinds of grilled fish. Decent value considering there’s a performance also. On the other hand, we found the $310pp Lobster night ($425pp with Champagne) to not be worth it. The tasting courses were interesting, but the ingredients used does not justify the high prices. A lobster main course is <$100 on their regular dinner menu.

Eau bar was just okay for dinner. We only tried La Locanda on the last night but wish we came here sooner. The food was great and prices were the best value here.

Lastly, I used my USD and CAD Marriott GCs to pay for the majority of our food expenses and it was a smooth process. Boat transfer was paid a few weeks before our stay with my Bonvoy Brilliant and it coded correctly for the 6x points.
friedablass and iluvdoco like this.

Last edited by silverferrari; Oct 10, 2022 at 5:11 am
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:36 am

Thank you so much for sharing you feedback...
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:22 am

Is the tea stuff the afternoon tea? They brought it back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.