Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jinyoungkim7
Thanks! Which Patina restaurants did you enjoy?

When you say no sandals, did you wear loafers? Were there others that wore tshirts/sandals at dinner?
We went to Helios, Brasa, and Fari Beach Club, if I remember correctly.

I had a pair of Dior B23 slip ons for the evenings. Basically sneakers, but in the nicer end of the sneakers scale. I didn't feel the need for a pair of heeled shoes, but I could argue that the slip ons was the sneakers version of a loafer.

I'd say people dressed fairly well for dinner, I even saw some ladies in high heels, which could not have been to practical on the sandy paths.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:47 am

Breskfast

So exactly how much is breakfast these days? Looking to stay at RC for honeymoon and love the privacy of the ocean water villas compare to StR, but the cost savings on breakfast alone make me wonder if it’s a bad choice to pick to RC
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by stylnator
So exactly how much is breakfast these days? Looking to stay at RC for honeymoon and love the privacy of the ocean water villas compare to StR, but the cost savings on breakfast alone make me wonder if it’s a bad choice to pick to RC
65 for buffet, or you can do a la carte for like 30-60/pp, a benedict is like $25
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aupperk24
65 for buffet, or you can do a la carte for like 30-60/pp, a benedict is like $25
When were you last there at the RC to experience $65 pp for breakfast buffet? I got that price when I stayed during Xmas 2022. But there were reports this past April that the price had gone up, to around $82-ish (see post #1465 in this thread).

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Feb 15, 2024 at 7:11 am
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
When were you last there at the RC to experience $65 pp for breakfast buffet? I got that price when I stayed during Xmas 2022. But there were reports this past April that the price had gone up, to around $82-ish (see post #1465 in this thread).
The 65 was pre tax, the 82'ish is post tax, so the increase is not as steep as those two numbers makes it seem. 65 plus tax is 79'ish
cmhsieh54 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The 65 was pre tax, the 82'ish is post tax, so the increase is not as steep as those two numbers makes it seem. 65 plus tax is 79'ish
The Maldives tourist sector sales tax went up 4% in 2023. That caused the after tax cost to jump to around $82.
cmhsieh54 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:31 pm

Has anyone had any experience with drone video on the island? I think they said not to do it on resort property, but I could kayak out a bit and fly out from there.

On the south there's this Campus Jetty place, and also on the north west there's the Capella island, not sure if you can kayak there and fly drones for fun.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:00 am

Has anyone had any experience with drone video on the island? I think they said not to do it on resort property, but I could kayak out a bit and fly out from there.

On the south there's this Campus Jetty place, and also on the north west there's the Capella island, not sure if you can kayak there and fly drones for fun.
When we were there they had a reasonably priced (possibly free?) Drone clinic. I can understand not allowing rogue drone flying for obvious guest privacy reasons.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by rucksack
When we were there they had a reasonably priced (possibly free?) Drone clinic. I can understand not allowing rogue drone flying for obvious guest privacy reasons.
Can you give me some information on the drone clinic? Sounds cool
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:21 am

Can you give me some information on the drone clinic? Sounds cool
I'm afraid I don't recall the details. I was going to attend but it was at like 8:30am and I decided the inside of my eyelids were a better view.

Try reaching out to the hotel at [email protected].
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:25 pm

Anyone know how crowded the island is on full capacity? Like will we be running into other people everywhere we go, or does it still feel excluded?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:48 pm

Anyone know how crowded the island is on full capacity? Like will we be running into other people everywhere we go, or does it still feel excluded?
We went over the holidays when the resort was at full occupancy and it never felt crowded. I reckon I saw more staff members around the island than I saw other guests. There was always more than enough space at the pool/beach club. Probably the busiest the island ever feels is at the Eau Bar at sunset when they do the sunset ceremony, but even that didn't feel overly busy.

Our Aris Meeha made a big deal about making dinner reservations in advance to get the times/restaurants we want, but the restaurants always felt empty. I think they do this to spread out guests so kitchens are never overwhelmed and the dining experience feels private.
aupperk24 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:50 am

May 25-May 30 - what OWV room range to request?

Hi - for a stay in late May, what OWV villas do you recommend my husband and I trying to request? Hard for us to tell what side is windier, what side has more sunlight on the pool for this time of year specifically? Do certain room ranges have more shallow water in front of it? I'm not a super confident swimmer in deep water, so was looking ideally to see if there was standing area near the OWV villas.
Trying to figure out if sunrise/sunset side is a better thing to try and request?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by atb108124
Hi - for a stay in late May, what OWV villas do you recommend my husband and I trying to request? Hard for us to tell what side is windier, what side has more sunlight on the pool for this time of year specifically? Do certain room ranges have more shallow water in front of it? I'm not a super confident swimmer in deep water, so was looking ideally to see if there was standing area near the OWV villas.
Trying to figure out if sunrise/sunset side is a better thing to try and request?
Prevailing winds come from the Southwest from April-Nov, so you'd want to be on the East/sunrise side to avoid wind. Because you're so close the the equator, there's not much difference in sunlight year round. The West/sunset side tends to be a little warmer since the sun is on the pools in the afternoon. The East/sunrise side is the reef side which means it has shallow, calm waters with no boat traffic. If you Google "Ritz Maldives map" you can find a map with villa numbers.
Violin1990 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
I went during Xmas week 2022 and it was basically 95% capacity. For my first Sunday morning breakfast buffet, at around 8:30am, I saw all of 8-10 other people scattered across 3 tables.
For dinners, also during peak time (i.e. 7:30pm), on average I saw a total of 6-9 other diners.
On the Joali Maldives episode of "Amazing Hotels", there's some commentary that something like 85% of guests get room service to enjoy their villa. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar numbers at this RC.
The comment by Rucksack that the most people you'll see is at Sunset in Eau Bar is very possible. And even then, it's only on the order of 25-30 or so people, if even that.
When my wife and I biked across the resort grounds, from one end to the other, maybe we'd run into a few people walking, a few more in the buggies, and a handful of staff. Sometimes you will see more staff than guests, it's true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.