Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott closing down Marriott Insiders (MRI) - refugees thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott closing down Marriott Insiders (MRI) - refugees thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WasKnown
I think he has a web scraper going through the group looking for the word “Ambassador”. If you are an Ambassador, he will mention/reply to you and PM you afterward asking for proof. A screenshot with your name (matching your FB name) is sufficient. I don’t think LTT qualifies.
The one in question also demands to see screenshot proof of your spend in order to decide if you are worthy of access to this most exalted of online groups.

Someone on here narced on me so I’m not only banned from said group, but received an eyeful of textual swearing-at. Enjoy!

khabah
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by khabah
Someone on here narced on me so I’m not only banned from said group, but received an eyeful of textual swearing-at. Enjoy!

khabah
Are there rules there about posting on here?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Are there rules there about posting on here?
No idea if there are explicit rules about this; I mentioned on here upon request for verification to the group that "the royal we" was used in language to request my spend in addition to screenshots of my Ambassador status, and I was personally glib about the mention of "we." As per the colorful texts I received as a result, someone on here ostensibly alerted Their Royal Coldness that I had spoken elsewhere and subsequently, I was barred and sh_t upon.

khabah
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:27 am

From my perspective, I’m ok if they don’t extend status benefits, I would happily accept something to this years leg up. I do however hope they’ll extend our Travel Packages further, use to expire 3rd January alongside FNA’s.
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:49 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
No idea if there are explicit rules about this; I mentioned on here upon request for verification to the group that "the royal we" was used in language to request my spend in addition to screenshots of my Ambassador status, and I was personally glib about the mention of "we." As per the colorful texts I received as a result, someone on here ostensibly alerted Their Royal Coldness that I had spoken elsewhere and subsequently, I was barred and sh_t upon.

khabah
Sounds terrible honestly. I only had to submit a screenshot and my stay activity. No drama but I think I got lucky.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.