Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Montcalm East, Autograph Collection (was M by Montcalm) London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montcalm East, Autograph Collection (was M by Montcalm) London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I stayed here a few weeks ago. It was a smooth checkin process, my SNA for the Junior Suite got processed, cocktail at the bar was fine, the breakfast buffet was solid if not Asian-style overwhelming, and I’d definitely use a 50k FNC to stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

Bathroom had heated floors in spots, it seemed.

Alcove with sofa

View out over London
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Bathroom had heated floors in spots, it seemed.
Ah - gives yet another meaning to the term "hot spot".

David
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Ah - gives yet another meaning to the term "hot spot".

David
It was quite nice, like a Korean ondol since the bathroom floor was stone.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Is the breakfast any good, and how is the pool?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Is the breakfast any good, and how is the pool?
I didn't make the pool. The breakfast buffet is fine, but frankly it didn't stop me from going to Dishoom for chai after breakfast, and frankly the breakfasts at Dishoom are better (and not terribly expensive).
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
An interesting property that was incredibly boosted by one of the best beds I have experienced in a hotel in a long time - this was Ritz+ level (seriously) - here are my pros, cons, and photos of Montcalm East:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a top-floor Sky High Double (which is one queen bed) - it seemed like one junior suite was available online, but who knows what floor it was on - the property also appeared to be very busy
  • Bed was absolutely wonderful - some of the most plush covers I have seen coupled with a plush mattress and plush, non-lumpy pillows (I slept wonderfully) - as mentioned before, this is a Ritz level bed
  • Carpets were quite soft and plush
  • Comfy furniture, such as the chair
  • Delivered a nice welcome gift of a brownie (very fudgy)
  • Nice view out towards the northern side of the city from cool angled windows
  • Offered late checkout proactively - no issue with 4 PM
  • Really nice smelling toiletries (vanilla and orange) in the shower
  • Nice selection of international outlets
  • Elite breakfast is the full buffet (though, I have some complaints)
Cons:
  • The property damaged my credit card by leaving a gash in it and the chip after shoving it into a faulty machine (surprisingly, it still worked in another machine, but I have already ordered a replacement)
  • Some odd service comments from the front desk - they seemed to think staying one night at a different hotel every night was odd (didn't ask for their opinions as I just answered why I was only staying one night when they asked) and a different agent seemed concerned that I was checking out at 12:30 PM (I wanted to head to my next hotel before it got dark)
  • Shower pressure was pretty paltry from the rainfall head, and the wand couldn't be raised high enough to be usable as a replacement
  • No Internet TV OS
  • Breakfast food quality was so-so, and the service was bizarre with trying to order eggs from the kitchen - they told me to go to a server, then the server told me to go to the kitchen - the coffee on the buffet was also poor quality (I saw many ordering cappuccinos, but I couldn't get a server to ask (the whole egg thing had thrown me off), and I wasn't sure if they were included)
Overall, as the cheapest hotel I have tried in London so far, I would definitely consider returning for the bed alone - it was that good.

Photos:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.