Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Fake "let me give you some points for that" Routine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fake "let me give you some points for that" Routine

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
If something goes wrong, I expect to be upgrade to next level room
You should also expect to be disappointed.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had this at the Renaissance Charlotte South Park earlier this year. The faucet in my room literally exploded and a geyser of water shot up when it was turned on. The room we were moved to was a downgrade.

At check out I was told I'd be given some points. Of course they never materialized.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I had this at the Renaissance Charlotte South Park earlier this year. The faucet in my room literally exploded and a geyser of water shot up when it was turned on. The room we were moved to was a downgrade.

At check out I was told I'd be given some points. Of course they never materialized.
I would write to the hotel manager on this. Generally I found hotel managers would fulfill the promises when they were the one who suggested point compensation. Or if they were informed issues after the stay, they would responded positively to take care of customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.