Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does a stay on December 31st count as a night for 2019 status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does a stay on December 31st count as a night for 2019 status?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
elite spend credited to wrong year

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this in so apologies if there is another thread that deals with this. I was titanium in 2019 and should be ambassador for 2020. I recently stayed 5 nights at a property over NYE and my stay ended on January 1st. Marriott correctly credit the 5 nights to 2019 which brought me to 100 nights, however it credited my spend to 2020 oddly. I called elite services to complain last week and they said that it would be fixed however my account still says titanium this morning. I chatted with someone online just now and they said there was no note on my account of this but finally opened a case number. Any others have experience with this and is it a case of just being patient while they fix the glitch? The agent I spoke with last week said it had been a recurrent problem but don’t see any others posting their experience with this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by almostfrench0612
I’m not sure if this is the right thread to post this in so apologies if there is another thread that deals with this. I was titanium in 2019 and should be ambassador for 2020. I recently stayed 5 nights at a property over NYE and my stay ended on January 1st. Marriott correctly credit the 5 nights to 2019 which brought me to 100 nights, however it credited my spend to 2020 oddly. I called elite services to complain last week and they said that it would be fixed however my account still says titanium this morning. I chatted with someone online just now and they said there was no note on my account of this but finally opened a case number. Any others have experience with this and is it a case of just being patient while they fix the glitch? The agent I spoke with last week said it had been a recurrent problem but don’t see any others posting their experience with this.
This sounds like what was supposed to happen:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31698720-post30.html
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kaloz
This sounds like what was supposed to happen:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31698720-post30.html
But surely that doesn’t make sense for the spend from Dec 27th-31st? My spend was high enough to put me over, even without the final night.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by almostfrench0612
But surely that doesn’t make sense for the spend from Dec 27th-31st? My spend was high enough to put me over, even without the final night.
There are a few things that don't make sense in the new program..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.