Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II
That would mean stays completed, so it would be fine if you had made the reservations ahead of time, as long as your eligible stays (after your additional offer is unlocked) fall within the earning period. Cheers!

Best regards,

Siti Shahnas
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
So judging by this it means some members will be lucky and get the offer unlocked in 2 days, others may have to wait for 3 days, doesn't seem very fair. Could it be confirmed that if the offer hasn't been emailed by 3 days any stays after this will qualify regardless as frankly I don't trust Marriott IT to not have a meltdown or maybe take 5 days for some people!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
or maybe take 5 days for some people!
more like 5 working days if you are lucky....
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Yes, this promotion is open to all Marriott Bonvoy members
This cannot be true. I have not received an email, there’s no mention of it in my promotions and when I try to register I get told I’m ineligible. Pretty clear to me that this is more than an(other) IT glitch.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ajamieson
This cannot be true. I have not received an email, there’s no mention of it in my promotions and when I try to register I get told I’m ineligible. Pretty clear to me that this is more than an(other) IT glitch.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Awesome! This promo just gets better and better. Marriott designs a lame promo that further punishes their guests for their crappy IT that won’t get around to registering you for 2-3 days after they get around to posting a stay credit to your account which can take up to 10 days!

Do you suppose Marriott doesn’t know how bad their IT is?
I have stays in different hotels -

02-04 nov
04-07 nov
07- 13 nov
13 - 15 nov
15- 17 nov

So I am assuming those in bold will not count as there will not be enough time for registration in between? So basically this is a promo that is actively discouraging to book with Marriott? Brilliant.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:57 am

Have recently been round the world.Amazing I have spent 3 years of my life staying Marriott and now feel all the benefits I accrued are being screwed away..Free breakfasts [I am Platinum Member] are being eroded and seems any excuse not to give.And what happened to famous American Breakfast its embarrassing whats being served up.When you arrive you are lucky to get thankyou for your loyalty anymore and if you mention that you are entitled to upgrade none available but they do try to upsell you to better room.
I accrued most of my points at a Resort hotel but when you go to a resort hotel you don't qualify for free Breakfast anymore..Was tried to sell a time share and what a rip off that is voted by Choice Magazine the worst value for money and it takes all your priveledges away..
Think Marriott Bonvoy will be Marriott Bye Bye for me..A 25 year platinum life member who has stayed over 3 years of his life at Marriott..
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Will08

02-04 nov
04-07 nov
07- 13 nov
13 - 15 nov
15- 17 nov

So I am assuming those in bold will not count as there will not be enough time for registration in between? So basically this is a promo that is actively discouraging to book with Marriott? Brilliant.
its not quite that simple....the stay will post to your account 1-2 days after you check out....for international properties it can take 5-7 days....then marriott says you will get your new offer 2-3 days after that (& we all know how reliable marriott i.t. is, so take the 2-3 days with a pinch of salt) ....so basically in a best case scenario, you could be looking at 3-10 days after your stay before you are auto registered for the next offer....
margarita girl and Will08 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Will08

02-04 nov
04-07 nov
07- 13 nov
13 - 15 nov
15- 17 nov

Unless you have another stay earlier, you should get 2000 pts for your first 2 stays, not 2 nights, so:
Nov 2-4
Nov 4-7

(Yes, 2000 pts for 5 nights!)

Then it's not clear what would happen. As Keyser says, by the time Marriott posts the points to your account and gets around to registering your for the next promo, your 3rd stay may not get anything. If Marriott registers you by Nov 12, I would hope your 3rd stay would count.

I am definitely screwed as I have 4 consecutive reservations of 1, 1, 1, 2 nights. So definitely NOTHING for my 3rd and 4th reservation.
Will08 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:11 am

This kind of appears to be a trickle down promo.

By that, I mean you stay the first set of nights to qualify to find out what you can get next. If it's enticing, you then book again, presumably on short notice to get that perk which results in more revenue and more points to your account.

I happened to have 13-1night stays throughout the rest of the year already booked, so, we'll see where this ends for me. I for one, am not holding my breathe until it comes to fruition.

I do miss the other promo's they've had, and, even the breakfast for a buck for those who do not qualify for comp'd breakfast which is a nice promo.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
This is on its face an unappealing promotion that is going to be even worse than that for me, as my 2d post-10/29 stay is for 5 nights. Even if rates had not gone up, I don't think it would be worth changing it and switching hotels for an unspecified benefit, but as rates have indeed gone up, there's no way I will do that.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:16 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

How do you deal, if your second stay does not post. You could only submit a missing stay after ten days. You then have to wait up to another ten days before it is added to your account. And 2 to 3 days later you lear about your next offer. This would be up to 23 days.

What happens to stays in between this time? What is, if your third stay is right after your second stay? I assume this will be within your next offer? Or is there really a gap of 2 to 3 days, where your stays do not count for the next offer?

Sorry, if I missed this in the fineprint ...
margarita girl and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Unless you have another stay earlier, you should get 2000 pts for your first 2 stays, not 2 nights, so:
Nov 2-4
Nov 4-7

(Yes, 2000 pts for 5 nights!)

Then it's not clear what would happen. As Keyser says, by the time Marriott posts the points to your account and gets around to registering your for the next promo, your 3rd stay may not get anything. If Marriott registers you by Nov 12, I would hope your 3rd stay would count.

I am definitely screwed as I have 4 consecutive reservations of 1, 1, 1, 2 nights. So definitely NOTHING for my 3rd and 4th reservation.
Thanks for clearing that up and yes, I had already read about after the second stay so was just being stupid.

And yes I will celebrate leaving W Koh Samui after a three night cash spend with 2000 points..!
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by Will08; Oct 16, 2019 at 10:24 am Reason: numbers wrong
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
How do you deal, if your second stay does not post. You could only submit a missing stay after ten days. You then have to wait up to another ten days before it is added to your account. And 2 to 3 days later you lear about your next offer. This would be up to 23 days.

What happens to stays in between this time? What is, if your third stay is right after your second stay? I assume this will be within your next offer? Or is there really a gap of 2 to 3 days, where your stays do not count for the next offer?

Sorry, if I missed this in the fineprint ...
You know, it doesn’t matter what Marriott intends for, if their notorious IT fails, then moot.

Hoping the IT system can catch up with all the different offers and application of different offers for different people and different stays is... *shrugs*
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:04 pm

For my next stay, I am checking out on October 29th. Will this qualify?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree with what everyone has said about this being a weak promo. As an Ambassador, I would really consider switching, but two things keep me here
1) the footprint: i am in some rather unique and of the proverbial beaten path from time to time and just prefer a Fairfield or Courtyard to a Hampton Inn. The footprint also eliminates Hyatt in my mind(even though I love Hyatts)
2) this will sound VERY odd: but I love the Marriott Airport hotels for convenience. I stay in airport hotels quite a bit due to early flights, etc. Some of my favorites:
Philly Airport Marriott
DTW Westin
Toronto Sheraton
Newark Airport marriott
ATL gateway or the Renaissance
and those are just off the top of my head where you don't even need a shuttle.

Just one of my quirks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.